Hobnomb

I CAN'T DECIDE ON A HEALER!!

23 posts in this topic

I wanted to go Paladin because i wanted to go around healing with my plate gear looking like a boss, but then I was told they are boring to heal with at max lvl and I feel kinda bored with holy power.

I wanted to go Druid because then I could dual specc feral and wrek in PVP, indulge my furry wolf fantasies, but then I noticed people say they are behind compared to other classes and so many druids are picked.

I wanted to go Priest because I dunno, but then I realized I don't like cloth.

I don't like Shamans.

I've rerolled 5 times now; made a paladin, rerolled priest, rerolled paladin, rerolled shaman, made a druid, deleted him.

I'm getting completely burnt out with leveling and i'm not sure what to play anymore; just the thought of playing through elwynn makes me feel like vomitting. I want to join my friends but they have gotten to the middle 20s now as I have rerolled so many times.. I'd like to be good in both PVP and PVE as a healer in both parts or a healer in PVE and then something else in pvp.

I want to heal, but maybe it's not for me? :/

My question would be. Did you ever play a healer on max. level?
At low level you have only a few spells making healers pretty boring to play, but later on it will be more fun.

You can be good in PvP and PvE with any spec and class when you work for it, so choose whatever fits you.

I would like to know the reason why you stopped playing all your classes.

Because you can`t deal "damage" as "healer" while leveling?

I would pick the class you like over what people say they are like at 85. You said people say pala is boring to heal at 85, that their opinion, you might like it. 

I personally healed as a shaman on retail since TBC and enjoyed it. I've rolled a pala on here to see what they are like as a healer, if I don't like it then I have two other specs to pick.

My friend told me that his brother's friend's sister had a friend whose brother's friend said that he heard that pala is boring.

Just play pala, it's fine and feels powerful, you will most likely enjoy it :) EDIT: and you can do quests as a shockadin without pain, so you won't have to respec every time you enter a dungeon

1 person likes this

I used to think Hpal was boring until i started playing one. Hpal in cata has alot of spells to use for every possible situation and also very powerful cooldowns when needed including Aura mastery which can save a situation that would normaly result in wipe. Its kinda dull at low levels cause you dont have spells so you spam holy light forever and ever but it gets way better on max where you have 6 healing spells[Holy light,divine light,flash heal,holy radiance,word of glory,light of dawn]] and Tons of diffrent cooldowns and you need to be able to judge which heal is best for situation you're in so you're always on your toes and never bored.

Also there is a fact that you can offspec to both tank and dps which is very useful when applying to guild and going on raids.

at molten, i played priest as a 10man healer. it was very hard to play, but very fun. ^^

On 3/9/2016 at 0:23 AM, Hobnomb said:

I wanted to go Paladin because i wanted to go around healing with my plate gear looking like a boss, but then I was told they are boring to heal with at max lvl and I feel kinda bored with holy power.

I wanted to go Druid because then I could dual specc feral and wrek in PVP, indulge my furry wolf fantasies, but then I noticed people say they are behind compared to other classes and so many druids are picked.

I wanted to go Priest because I dunno, but then I realized I don't like cloth.

I don't like Shamans.

I've rerolled 5 times now; made a paladin, rerolled priest, rerolled paladin, rerolled shaman, made a druid, deleted him.

I'm getting completely burnt out with leveling and i'm not sure what to play anymore; just the thought of playing through elwynn makes me feel like vomitting. I want to join my friends but they have gotten to the middle 20s now as I have rerolled so many times.. I'd like to be good in both PVP and PVE as a healer in both parts or a healer in PVE and then something else in pvp.

I want to heal, but maybe it's not for me? :/

Resto druid are not quite behind than other healers I played myself a rdruid in PVE and I can tell you its rly fun, you just need some knowledge about your healing rotation and should be fine.

Paladin is quite boring I have one,priest is good but since you dont like cloth GG,shamans are retarded yes retarded.So your choice is dudu hf :D 

I dont quite get it why people saying hapala is boring? Maybe im butthurt because im playing pally idk. My opinion is that priests are boring. I just dont feel as healer as disct since 70% of "healing" is actually absorbs and you dont really see it on the frames. Druids are fun its a bit different style of healing and pretty much all spells are heal over time which some people really dont like. Shamans ehh... If you feel like spamming healing rain and chain heal for whole expansion (no offence to shammies). Pally is fun for me lots of instant high healing spells lots of cds which you need to react (most of the time) with them depending on situation and being plate to top off everything is just perfect. Play whatever the hell you think is fun everything works everything is good when you put some work into it!!

1 person likes this

On 17/04/2017 at 2:58 AM, Quodan said:

Resto druid are not quite behind than other healers I played myself a rdruid in PVE and I can tell you its rly fun, you just need some knowledge about your healing rotation and should be fine.

Paladin is quite boring I have one,priest is good but since you dont like cloth GG,shamans are retarded yes retarded.So your choice is dudu hf :D 

what's a cloth GG?

9 minutes ago, Arthwr said:

what's a cloth GG?

I wanted to go Priest because I dunno, but then I realized I don't like cloth. thats what he told xD

PvP wise i would say Resto Shamans are the ones are the hardest to be killed by some of the classes(mostly melee) eventhough they lack heavy CC abilities or something what makes their casts immune.

Holy Priest is one of the hardest to master, but once you have your chackras right, you'll do amazing heals even with lower gear(PvE obv, don't go holy pvp).  Disc priests are both rocking it pve and pvp as long as you know how to maximise your shields/heals without going dry in 3 seconds.
Resto druids is really hated on these days by a lot of people because most of their heals are HoTs. Putting that aside, as mentioned, if you have your rotation down and a bit of gear, you'll most likely outheal anything else what moves( maybe not BDKs on some fights tho).
Holy paladins are really.... Gay :D
And shamans in PvE are really good if you get the tier12 4set bonus which makes ur riptide not to disappear after using chain heal on someone.

All in all, all healers have their ups and downs, if you are looking for something what is really fun to play, you should go either priest or a resto druid. I don't find shaman and paladin that fun to play, but that is just my opinion.

purely pve-wise:

holy pala is amazing. Really strong output, lots of awesome cds. Only boring during farm, go do t11hc.

rdruid/rsham are cool, strong healers, best to play them while high tho

disc priest is the bestest. Very strong output, dps style of play for like 80% of the fight. You need to track stuff tho, especially archangel, power torrent, and lightweave.

blood dk. Dps style of play, very strong self heals, decent group heals.

holy paladins are the flashiest healer, if that counts.

32 minutes ago, boniboniboni said:

purely pve-wise:

holy pala is amazing. Really strong output, lots of awesome cds. Only boring during farm, go do t11hc.

rdruid/rsham are cool, strong healers, best to play them while high tho

disc priest is the bestest. Very strong output, dps style of play for like 80% of the fight. You need to track stuff tho, especially archangel, power torrent, and lightweave.

blood dk. Dps style of play, very strong self heals, decent group heals.

holy paladins are the flashiest healer, if that counts.

Can confirm for the Disc one .. i play disc with vulcano card+engi and when power torrent procs imho...it fkin rocks xDD

On 19/04/2017 at 8:20 AM, Quodan said:

I wanted to go Priest because I dunno, but then I realized I don't like cloth. thats what he told xD

I don't speak english very good, sorry. I didn't understand the "GG".

:D

-----------------------------

One question, holy or discipline? 

8 hours ago, Arthwr said:

I don't speak english very good, sorry. I didn't understand the "GG".

:D

-----------------------------

One question, holy or discipline? 

GG = good going :D

seems like you don't like any Healer class at all.

maybe you should not play Healer but other roles.