Sign in to follow this  
Eastcoast

Some question about Warrior (PvP)

Hello guys, gotta few question about arms warr.

How are they? Still playable on this server? Im new here.

Is the dmg okay or are there serious bugs? 

Im gonna play only PvP.

Thx

Hi, warriors are awesome in BGs and viable in arenas. Only class where warrior has 0 chance is good blood DK, everybody else can be defeated 1vs1 by warrior. 

We have here pathing bugs, so you cant use charge sometimes. Heroic leap is also not working properly, so you cant jump almost anywhere as you should. Those two things kinda cripple warriors in arenas.

Dmg is great in general, burst is absolutely awesome if you know how. 

So yes, warrior is PvP playable here, just not against good blood DKs. 

Warrior is very playable, damage is pretty nice, concidering you have the proper gear and know how to play it. There are very little warriors in arena  that are > 1900 rating but i hope that will change.

I've got a small problem. Sometimes if i'm charging any target, I won't stay infront of him. I'm staying 5 feets away.

So is that a bug?

But at all looks warr pretty playable on atlantiss.

Hi, warriors are awesome in BGs and viable in arenas. Only class where warrior has 0 chance is good blood DK, everybody else can be defeated 1vs1 by warrior. 

We have here pathing bugs, so you cant use charge sometimes. Heroic leap is also not working properly, so you cant jump almost anywhere as you should. Those two things kinda cripple warriors in arenas.

Dmg is great in general, burst is absolutely awesome if you know how. 

So yes, warrior is PvP playable here, just not against good blood DKs. 

But blood can just spam DS and pop defensive cds and win anyway.

Are you guys sure warrior is very viable? As far as I know from 4.0.6 to 4.3.4 warrior nerfs were hard. Even top warrior players on retail couldn't hit best ratings and there were a lot of complaints about warrior pvp in cata. It was hard for warriors to find arena partners as other classes were just more viable (like WLS - you can do better by replacing warrior with rogue - RLS). On our server high rated warriors are not usual. Warrior has good damage, but can be easly controlled / kited. Also from what I read most classes has advantage in 1v1 vs warriors, not even mentioning mages. Of course still you can play it and have fun, I exp warrior at the moment cause this is the most enjoyable melee for me.

General opinion is that the best warrior role in 4.3.4 is FC in RBGs as prot.

Are you guys sure warrior is very viable? As far as I know from 4.0.6 to 4.3.4 warrior nerfs were hard. Even top warrior players on retail couldn't hit best ratings and there were a lot of complaints about warrior pvp in cata. It was hard for warriors to find arena partners as other classes were just more viable (like WLS - you can do better by replacing warrior with rogue - RLS). On our server high rated warriors are not usual. Warrior has good damage, but can be easly controlled / kited. Also from what I read most classes has advantage in 1v1 vs warriors, not even mentioning mages. Of course still you can play it and have fun, I exp warrior at the moment cause this is the most enjoyable melee for me.

General opinion is that the best warrior role in 4.3.4 is FC in RBGs as prot.

I wont lie, warrior is not very viable with the current patch. In 2v2 you are doomed to suffer, in 3v3 its a bit better but you are still outclassed by stuff like feral / unh dk / ret pal.

I'll give you an example - on my full ruthless warrior i struggle a lot to get 2200-2300 (used to be 2400 on the start of the season), on my feral with full vicious (2 ruthless parts) im 2500. That can tell you a whole lot about the balance in 2v2. For 3s i just cant find people to play with, resto shams are a rarity these days and most of them prefer to play with ferals or warlocks..

Warrior is more viable than it used to be on retail.

https://github.com/Atlantiss/BugTracker/issues/7152 // Deep Wounds ignoring resilience. No Deep Wounds munching.

https://github.com/Atlantiss/BugTracker/issues/7106 // Heroic Leap everywhere in the arena

https://github.com/Atlantiss/BugTracker/issues/5350 // Shaman cannot tremor Warrior's Fear.

Deep wounds doesnt deal big damage at all, it barely matters.

Heroic leap really is bugged here and it does give you some advantage, still not game breaking or something.

Shaman not being able to tremor the fear is working properly - the main target of the fear takes a different effect than the "aoe" fear. Its a "horror" effect, the same as the priest disarm one, which can only be removed from a trinket.

Deep wounds doesnt deal big damage at all, it barely matters.

Heroic leap really is bugged here and it does give you some advantage, still not game breaking or something.

Shaman not being able to tremor the fear is working properly - the main target of the fear takes a different effect than the "aoe" fear. Its a "horror" effect, the same as the priest disarm one, which can only be removed from a trinket.

25% instead 6-7% Total damage Sounds really not much...

Heroic leap is abused by every single Warrior i met. It should be bannable

It doesn't matter sińce It was hotfixed by blizzard to let shamans tremor it

25% instead 6-7% Total damage Sounds really not much...

Heroic leap is abused by every single Warrior i met. It should be bannable

It doesn't matter sińce It was hotfixed by blizzard to let shamans tremor it

Your "tests" prove nothing. A video showing that someone's DW ticked for 340 and someone's DW here ticked for 500 is absolutely useless, only thing that matters is testing things on static targets with multiple hits to prove your point.

Yes, heroic leap is bugged and no, it doesnt help your overall game one bit, its not going to win you an arena, ever.

For me it seems like you are just a big cry baby that is crying about the most underpowered melee dps in cata.

Quote on the Intimidating Shout "bug":

The effect the main target gets is not a fear, that is why even 1 DMG Taken breaks the effect.
Targets that are around the warrior and are not targeted by the warrior get a fear effect that breaks after a larger amount of DMG is dealt.

Thats doing 2 mil damage on a target dummy.

Also i never see ticks of DW over 600 in PvP.

EDIT: Turns out it ticks the same on both the dummy and a full pvp geared priest. Seems bugged.

I am just pointing warrior's bugs. This is not my interest to teach someone reading with understanding. Have a nice day.

warrior are not viable.

not in 1v1 (except vs little few classes / specs)

and not in arena

most of the comps [3s] with warrior are not top tier.

but hey?.. why to pick warrior when you can pick DK or RET and own everyone.

on cata people switched from warrior to > other melees.

and on mop people switch back to warrior.

go with the FOTM.

warrior are not viable.

not in 1v1 (except vs little few classes / specs)

and not in arena

most of the comps [3s] with warrior are not top tier.

but hey?.. why to pick warrior when you can pick DK or RET and own everyone.

on cata people switched from warrior to > other melees.

and on mop people switch back to warrior.

go with the FOTM.

Basically this. Feral / DK / Ret are all better than warrior in every single way.