Sign in to follow this  
fanatiq

Warrior arms PvP : Slam vs heroic strike

as title says , what is your opinion about Slam vs heroic strike , i want people input and their experiance on the subject , thank you

Slam is bether if you play vs Mele class and HS is bether vs Caster thats all.

well in bgs and arena there is both casters and melee 

Ive tried Slam and its not worth it to be honest. It pauses your melee attack = less rage gained / minute. It does more damage than HS but it also triggers a global cooldown so you cant burst with it that fast as you can with HS. For example you can fit 1 MS, 1 OP and 2 HS in 1 CS, you cant do that with Slam.

Anyone who says you shouldn't use slam is a bad warrior. It's your hardest hitting ability aside of ms. If you don't trust me then trust Hoodrych. Imp. Slam/War Academy and Slaughter make your slam non-crits hit harder than HS crits, at least that's how it was on retail. Now the truth is you should use both of them and if you have a nice uptime on your target by playing with a paladin or facing a melee slam is superb to hs. Ye if you fight a mage 1v1 you'd probably be better off using hs before he blinks away. Slam is good yall.

• Like 1

Anyone who says you shouldn't use slam is a bad warrior. It's your hardest hitting ability aside of ms. If you don't trust me then trust Hoodrych. Imp. Slam/War Academy and Slaughter make your slam non-crits hit harder than HS crits, at least that's how it was on retail. Now the truth is you should use both of them and if you have a nice uptime on your target by playing with a paladin or facing a melee slam is superb to hs. Ye if you fight a mage 1v1 you'd probably be better off using hs before he blinks away. Slam is good yall.

Im the highest rated warrior on the server and i wouldnt recommend people to use slam, does that make me bad?

Im the highest rated warrior on the server and i wouldnt recommend people to use slam, does that make me bad?

Yes, very bad.

I'm the highest warr with honor gear here, does it makes me good? Lel

Slam is in my opinion actually not useful. It's just a tree waste.

You won't be able to use it decent, if you're playing against "good" enemys.

Yes, very bad.

:unsure: Im pretty bad for missing out on that swing time pause and an extra GCD to fit in the constant spamming the warrior is.

Good question,

Many warriors use, and many dont use.

I think you should spec what you more comfortable to you.

Yet slam is really hit harder than Heroic strike.

But as xzstnce mentioned. there some cons and pros for Slam.

We should look what people played in retail at 4.3.4 as warriors.

My experience as warrior is limited.

Good luck.

heroic strike = - instant ,  burst , self gcd             Slam =  high dmg , no cd.

Just take heroic strike if u need burst or if u want sustain dps take slam.

O take hs because when using deadly calm + trinks , want to smash fast my target when he is on low hp. Don't like to waste my time to cast slam.