Calmurtits

Arms Warrior 4.3.4 ULTIMATE PvP GUIDE

Hello guys,

I play Arms warrior since LK, in LK i played also protection in 3v3, cuz it was a hell of a burst and good combo with 2x protection wars and holy pala(2k+ rate EZ)
I played retail also from 3.0.6 LK - MoP 5.4.3 .
When you count it, it's like 5-6 years of XP. I had also 2.4k rate on AT, i was r1 on some private serves ( i do not wish to advertise,even tho i said AT... :/ ).
I decided to make one guide for starters but also for ppl who played but didn't figured out some things.

Introduction and my opinions:
After 4.0.6, 4.1. ,4.2 Warriors got slightly nerfed in 4.3.4 patch, but it's still playable if u make it with pressure talents (i'll explain this later). Warriors were beasts back in the 4.0.6, especially Fury who could hit 80k+ in reckburst.Warrior isn't easy to play, i can tell u that. That's one of the hardest classes to master after Locks. Cataclysm is all about succesfull bursting and cc timing. For me, warrior is the class who can beat any class, it doesn't have anti-classes if u know how to play it. Even tho they say hunters and mages are their Anti-class of the warrior. They are biggest threat, i agree but if you play against them with ur brain and if u know what is their rotation, you can counter it.
To be succesfull in any class u chose to play, you have to know what ur enemy can do against u, and what is their vulnerabilities.
In this guide i'll try to explain you and to teach you something.
I would just say that you need to be patient and to have a hard steel nervs if you wish to master this class.
Do not switch comps like socks! It takes a while to master a comp and it isn’t easy!
This will be a tough patch for us, that means no playing with friends! As tough as it can be, if you want to be successful as a warrior, you cannot play with your friends that play classes which do not simply work with a warrior.

If you lose against one comp in arena,DO NOT STOP, que again, PRACTICE!
With practice against comps like that, just think, what did they do last time, how did they do it, AND HOW CAN I COUNTER THEM?
After few arenas, you will beat that comp, i'm sure of it. Don't be noob and ragequit. Anger will just crush ur brain and u will not think clearly.
Be positive,optimistic and have WILL to be the BEST! When u reach that level, you can be the best and u WILL BE THE BEST!
If you think you are noob and you will never do something, you'll never do it. You have to have faith in urself in order to succeed IN ANYTHING, even in LIFE! (just some encourage) :P xD

Okay, lets get started with stuff i prepared for you guys.

TALENTS:

I use Pressure talents( HC talents) . They look like this:

Te95En7.png

I use these talents because i'm used to make pressure and when my target is around 50% hp(with or without recklessness, that's your thing, i never use recklessness until my target is 30% and their partner is cced). I use piercing howl mainly because i play with healer and if they want to kill my healer i can slow them both, within Tunder Clap + Demoralizing Shout as a dmg reduction.

Or you can use SLAM talents. They look like this:

KeYacPB.png

I used to play like this when i just started playing Cata, but there are a lot of better options with it. You can add Drums of War instead of Rude interruption and Piercing Howl. Or instead those two you can put on Incite. Either way it's your own style how u wanna play.

There is one more popular thing warriors are playing, it's
GAG ORDER. It looks like this:

cVhB1dJ.png

It's really good against casters, so you can silence them from distance.
I took 2/2 Cruelty and 1/3 Blood Craze, but you can make what ever u want, you can put 2/2 Blitz and 1/2 Drums of War. What ever is easier and better for you and your style of playing.

After you choosed the talents,next step is rotation.

ROTATION:

For HC PRESSURE i use this rotation:

Charge>Rend>Clossus Smash>Mortal Strike>Overpower(if i get proc)/HC>Execute(under 20% hp)
You should apply 3x stacks of Slaughter on yourself, cuz' with that buff your Execute,OverPower,Slam and Mortal strike will cause 30% more dmg.
You should always keep REND on ur target, even tho Mortal Strike will refresh it instantly after it, but if u get caught in CC and if u lose rend on ur target, you should apply it again. Always hit with MS(Mortal Strike),it's your main spell!
In burst you should always burst with CS(Colossus Smash) as first spell of ur rotation and them Mortal Strike within HC and Overpower.

For SLAM talent i use this rotation:

Charge>Rend>CS>Mortal Strike>SLAM>Overpower/HC>Execute(under 20% hp)
As warrior you should always hit with Mortal Strike when it's not on CD, it's your main spell. If you don't have enough rage and u are in burst,use Deadly Calm and just spam MS/HC>SLAM/HC>OVERPOWER/HC. HC is not on GLOBAL COOLDOWN, so u can combine it with ur other spells and also in burst you should always use it even if u didn't make it in 3/3 incite talents. Because it's always good to do 6-7k more dmg in the burst.

For GAG ORDER talent the rotation is the same as HC PRESSURE rotation:

Charge>Rend>Clossus Smash>Mortal Strike>Overpower(if i get proc)/HC>Execute(under 20% hp)
You only have one more CC with Heroic Strike that can silence for 3 seconds and it's cooldown is 45 seconds within the talents.

GLYPHS:

Prime Glyphs:

- Glyph of Mortal Strike (Increases the damage of Mortal Strike by 10%) MS is your main spell, so u gotta have this glyph.
- Glyph of Overpower (Increases the damage of Overpower by 10%)
- Glyph of Slam/Bladestorm (depends on ur talent tree). I use Bladestorm just to get out of roots in 80% of situations.

Glyph of Bladestorm (Reduces the cd on bladestorm by 15 sec.)
Glyph of Slam (Increases the critical strike chance of Slam by 5%)

Major Glyphs:

- Glyph of Colossus Smash ( YOU JUST GOTTA HAVE IT, because it applies 1x sunder armor stack per CS hit on target)
- Glyph of Shield Wall (Shield Wall now reduces damage taken by an additional 20%, but its CD is increased by 2 min.) GREAT STUFF!
- Glyph of Spell Reflection/Piercing Howl

Glyph of Spell Reflection (Reduces the CD on Spell Reflection by 5 sec.) It's not much yousefull against classes that doesn't do magic dmg
Glyph of Piercing Howl (Increases the radisu of Piercing Howl by 50%.) Good for kiting

NOTE: Major Glyphs varies of what comp do u play, i choose Shield Wall and Spell Reflection because i play with healer.
If you play with DPS you would probably want to take Long Charge or Rapid Charge instead of Spell Reflection/Piercing Howl.

Minor Glyphs:

- Glyph of Battle (Increases the duration by 2 min and area of effect by 50% of your Battle Shout.)
- Glyph of Berserker Rage (Berserker Rage generates 5 Rage when used.)
- Glyph of Demoralizing Shout (Increases the duration by 15 sec and area of effect by 50% of your Demoralizing Shout.)

PROFESSIONS :

- Engineering
Access to 480 strength proc on gloves: Synapse Springs
- Jewelcrafting
Access to special gems that give 67 strength: Bold Chimera's Eye. Up to three can be used at the same time.
- Alchemy
Access to flask that gives 80 strength: Flask of Enhancement.
- Tailoring
Cloak enchant proc for 1000 attack power: Swordguard Embroidery
- Enchanting
Access to +40 strength on your rings: Enchant Ring - Strength
- Blacksmithing
Access to two extra gem slots. One on bracers, one on gloves: Socket Gloves and Socket Bracer
Access to shoulder enchant adds 130 strength and 25 crit rating: Lionsmane Inscription
- Leatherworking
Access to 130+ strength to bracers: Draconic Embossment Strength

I use BS and Leatherworking, since i got 1K ATT Power from my 2h enchant (Landslide).

GEMS :

- Meta - Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond
- Red - Bold Queen's Garnet
- Blue - Etched Shadow Spinel
- Yellow - Potent Lava Coral

STATUS PRIORITY:

Just follow the next pattern.
5% Hit > Strength > Crit/Resilience > Mastery > Haste

ENCHANTS:
- Head -  Arcanum of Vicious Strength 
- Shoulder -  Greater Inscription of Vicious Strength 
- Cloak -  Enchant Cloak - Greate r Critical Strike 
- Chest - Enchant Chest - Peerles Stats
- Bracers - Enchant Bracer - Major Strength
- Hands - Enchant Gloves - Mighty Strength
- Legs - Dragonscale Leg Armor
- Boots - Enchant Boots - Lavawalker
- Weapon - Enchant Weapon - Landslide

MACROS:

Focus Target Charge macro:

#showtooltip Charge
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [target=focus,exists] Charge
/cast Charge

Burst macro: (It's mainly up to you, you can put /cast Recklessness in it if you want to make one shot macro, lolz...

/use Dps trinket
/cast Deadly Calm

Defensive Stance macro:

/cast Defensive Stance
/equipslot 16 / 1Hander’s Name
/equipslot 17 / Shield’s name

Spell Reflection macro:

#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/cast [stance:1/2,equipped:Shields] Spell Reflection; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
/stopmacro [equipped:Shields]
/stopcasting
/equipslot 16 1Hander’s Name
/equipslot 17 Shield’s name

Focus Target Throwdown macro:

#showtooltip Throwdown
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [target=focus,exists] Throwdown
/cast Throwdown

Focus Target Pummel macro:

#showtooltip Pummel
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [target=focus,exists] Pummel
/cast Pummel

Focus Target Fear macro:

#showtooltip Intimidating Shout
/cast [target=focus,exists] Intimidating Shout
/cast Intimidating Shout

Disarm macro:

#showtooltip Disarm
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Disarm
/cast Battle Stance

Shield Wall macro:

#showtooltip Shield Wall
/cast Defensive Stance
/equip 1Hander’s Name
/equip Shield’s Name
/cast Shield wall

/cast Battle Stance

/equip 2Hander's Name

Intervene with charge macro:

#showtooltip Intervene
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast [target=myfriendname] Intervene
/cast Battle Stance

/cast Charge

Heal Macro:

#showtooltip Enraged Regeneration
/cast Rallying Cry
/cast Enraged Regeneration

/use healthstone

Comps that are good to play in 2v2:

Playing with DPS:
Warrior is good with Hunter, Feral druid and Retribution paladin, it's not worth playing with mage,lock or ele shamy.

Because you will mainly lose. You need someone who's good in cc and hard burst.

Playing with HEAL:
I would suggest you to play with Disc Priest, because of the dispells and it's easier even tho you both have FEAR so DR(Diminishing Returns) is pain sometimes, but u can maintain your cc rotation either way.
But best choice to play 2v2 with healer is Resto Shaman, instant heals and some dispells within buffs isn't so bad after all, since from priest u don't get anything except dispells and shield.

Combs that are good to play in 3v3:

I would recomend playing WLS (WAR/LOCK/SHAMY)
It was one of the best back on the retail, since lock could just put the dots on everyone,peel and burst really good with war in the same time.
Also hard to master it.

But some ppl play KFC (HUNTER/WAR/AnyHEAL)
It's good and easy comp, cuz burst is really good and you gotta have good CC chain in order to win.

It's a really nice combination.

ALSO TSG (DK/WAR/Holy Paladin)
It's huge pressure and healer find hard it to heal because of DK's Necrotic Strike (It deals 100% weapon damage and a heal absorb equal to your AP*0.7. It also applies 30% casting speed increase debuff.)

Also this combination is great because everyone in team has a deffensive spells so it's harder to lose and yet pala have bubbles and instant heals.

KITTYCLEAVE (WAR/FERAL/AnyHEAL)

One of really good comps too, because feral has good defensives and offensive so they would go on you for sure and you'll get soo much rage to spend!

NOTE: I would recommend you guys to check ArenaJunkies or some Bajheera 4.3.4 3v3 tip videos, they explain how you move and what u should do in these comps.

RECOMMENDED ADDONS:

- OmniCC
- Tidyplates
- Soundalerter
- LoseControl
- Gladius

- Juked

- Interrup bar

Thank you for reading, i hope i helped. Now go make some warriors and lets get some GLAD TITLES!
I'm sorry for my english and that my guide took so long, but i think it's worth it, because it has EVERYTHING U NEED!
REMEMBER TO PRACTICE, NO MATTER HOW HARD IT IS! After you master WARRIOR you can accomplish some really good results!

Peace out, Calmurtits.

• Like 6

What about expertise cap? I can understand that overpower is OP, but fighting vs feral or rogue is painfull if you cannot rend them or at least use on them CS.

Ferals and Rogues will be over your cap, unless you go for like 1238931231 Expetise. You should go for 5% reduction on dodge/parry (5% base dodge is what everyone has?), so you dont get your Throwdown dodged by a priest or something.

So warriors need 20 exp then. Thats what I am asking about, cause OP said nothing about expertise and that was a bit weird to me.

Sorry i wasn't playing for long hehe.

Well u should have 20 experties, but with full ruthless you will get expertise on 20.

Soz that i didn't mentioned that.

One more thing: when you get OP, it will strike no matter what, cuz that attack never fails, no dodge no parry.

I'm really glad after 2 years people still check this guide and i got over 14k views! :)

Even tho i don't play anymore on atlantiss since i can't find good guild or good friends.

Atleast i'm happy about this.

Enjoy boys and girls, because this is the best PvP guide for War ever made. I'm so proud :3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Calmurtits said:

Enjoy boys and girls, because this is the best PvP guide for War ever made. I'm so proud :3

Give me 10minutes x]

On 11/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Calmurtits said:

I'm really glad after 2 years people still check this guide and i got over 14k views! :)

Even tho i don't play anymore on atlantiss since i can't find good guild or good friends.

Atleast i'm happy about this.

Make that 3 years, i apriciate it alot.