Bever86

[Addon] Auctionator Atlantiss (Working!)

This version of Auctionator has been fixed to work with the Atlantiss server.

I have disabled/removed the full scan feature for now. This is done because the addon was banned by staff, I believe because of how this function worked. I will be working on a new version WITH full scanning enabled. I will probably try to base this off Auctioneers' scanning function too keep the addon from being banned again. No ETA on this though.

• What works?
  • Searching auctions.
  • Shopping lists.
  • Posting auctions.
  • Searching for undercuts.
  • Seen auctions are saved to database (you can set how long auctionator keeps data for seen auctions in the options).
  • Price is shown in item tooltip for auctions in database.
  • What doesn't work?
  • The full scan function has been disabled completely for now. (more info, read above)
  • As far as I know the rest of the functionality is working without problems.
    If you run into any bugs please report them in a reply to this thread!

Please have fun with this fairly working Auctionator.

I do not own the rights to this software, I only implemented a fix to make it work on the Atlantiss server, all rights remain with their original owner Zirco.
Use of this software is at your own risk. I test it thoroughly before release but I can not take responsibility if use or misuse of this software breaks your game client or computer.

Download Version 0.0.2
- This version is a quick and dirty fix to get Auctionator working on Atlantiss. It does not have a full scanning feature.

Please be advised that I didn't get any response from the staff about why the addon was banned or if I could release this version, therefore the use of this version is AT YOUR OWN RISK!

If you have any problems using this or run into any bugs please report them in a reply to this thread!.
I will try to help as well as I can and fix any bugs that come up.

If you want to help me make this addon better please send me a personal message on this forum.

I do have to add that I am not an expert programmer so my bugfixes may not always come fast, but still I will do my very best to make sure it works for everyone.

Lastly I want to thank Zirco for creating an awesome addon! If you like using it don't forget to give him a thank you on curse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/auctionator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Changelog:

Version 0.0.2

• Fixed issue: background not showing on Auctionator tabs after rename.

Version 0.0.1

• Removed full scan functionality to stop addon from getting banned (I think).
  • Changed name in a couple of places to make the addon work again.
Edited by Bever86

Thanks so much for this fix!

Gonna give it a try right away.

Incidentally, assuming that I never really perform full scans, would just commenting out SortAuctionClearSort("list") in the original code make everything else work?

Yes, commenting out SortAuctionClearSort("list") in AuctionatorScan.lua in the function AtrSearch:Start will make everything but the full scan work. If you're lazy you can just comment out both entries in that file without breaking anything.

That way everything will work but the full scan. With my fix however everything should work including the full scan. I hope you will try it and report your results :)

Cool, just curious. Your addon works wonderfully, by the way. I missed Auctionator so much <3

Everything seems to work. Both selling and buying. Haven't encountered any problems yet. Great job, Beaver!

Addon is not working. Showing up as "disabled" in the AddOn List. Hover over it and it says "This addon has been disabled. You should install an updated version."

Addon is not working. Showing up as "disabled" in the AddOn List. Hover over it and it says "This addon has been disabled. You should install an updated version."

Thats because atlantiss has disabled all auction house addons atm. The scans would cause lag or the server to crash. I dont know when or if this ban for this addon will ever be lifted.

Yeh, I am trying to get in contact with the Staff to talk about this and see if I can possibly fix the addon in such a way it is allowed again. Sadly I have not received any reply to my emails.

So if any of the staff reads this and wants to clarify and maybe chat about this, please pm me!

So is there any news on this ban?
Will it be lifted? Are they working on removing it?

WILL WE GET TO USE THE BEST ADD-ON EVER?!

Hey guys, I have been away for a little bit. Have done my best to contact the staff about this before I went but had no luck.

I will try again soon but it seems they just do not want to answer this..

Hey guys, I have been away for a little bit. Have done my best to contact the staff about this before I went but had no luck.

I will try again soon but it seems they just do not want to answer this..

Could you possibly change auctioneer to do a full AH scan? The same way you did with auctionator?
I don't mind waiting on a scan, but it sucks that it only scans 5000 items TOTAL with the current option, making it completely useless when it comes to pricings....

Could you possibly change auctioneer to do a full AH scan? The same way you did with auctionator?
I don't mind waiting on a scan, but it sucks that it only scans 5000 items TOTAL with the current option, making it completely useless when it comes to pricings....

Both addOns are "locked" to 5000 auctions.

The only option is to "divide" the main-search into sub-categories (Weapon, Armor, Herbs, Ore, etc...).

In my opinion it would be best if the GetAll (explanation below) option from the auction house would be fixed, to make auction house addons able to use it and relieve some stress from the server. The server would have to send a bigger chunk of data to the client in one go, but will have to send data less often as it should only have to send it once. Then you can limit the amount a client can use this GetAll function, for instance by giving them a DC if they try to use it more than once.. I believe this is how it used to work on retail.

As long as the auction house doesn't have this GetAll option any auction house addon will have to scan each page of the auction house seperately with a current maximum of 5000 auctions.. Which will cause the client to query the server over and over again.. I might be wrong but I believe all these requests and small responses put more stress on the server than one request and one bigger response.. But I could be wrong here.

GetAll Explanation: This is an argument of the auction house query: QueryAuctionItems. When this argument is called, the auction house should respond with all the auctions of the auction house listed as a single result page. This should make scanning the auction house not only a lot faster, but also take a lot of stress off the auction house.

Explanation from Wikia.com:

getAll:

Download the ENTIRE auction house as one single page. Only allowed when CanSendAuctionQuery() returns true as its second return (~every 15 minutes). May disconnect people with low bandwidth. Also see notes on client-to-server traffic in GetAuctionItemInfo() (Added in 2.3, though initially disabled. Appears to be enabled as of 2.4)

In my opinion it would be best if the GetAll (explanation below) option from the auction house would be fixed, to make auction house addons able to use it and relieve some stress from the server. The server would have to send a bigger chunk of data to the client in one go, but will have to send data less often as it should only have to send it once. Then you can limit the amount a client can use this GetAll function, for instance by giving them a DC if they try to use it more than once.. I believe this is how it used to work on retail.

As long as the auction house doesn't have this GetAll option any auction house addon will have to scan each page of the auction house seperately with a current maximum of 5000 auctions.. Which will cause the client to query the server over and over again.. I might be wrong but I believe all these requests and small responses put more stress on the server than one request and one bigger response.. But I could be wrong here.

GetAll Explanation: This is an argument of the auction house query: QueryAuctionItems. When this argument is called, the auction house should respond with all the auctions of the auction house listed as a single result page. This should make scanning the auction house not only a lot faster, but also take a lot of stress off the auction house.

Explanation from Wikia.com:

getAll:

Download the ENTIRE auction house as one single page. Only allowed when CanSendAuctionQuery() returns true as its second return (~every 15 minutes). May disconnect people with low bandwidth. Also see notes on client-to-server traffic in GetAuctionItemInfo() (Added in 2.3, though initially disabled. Appears to be enabled as of 2.4)

In short, this is what I thought aswell, I only ever refresh the entire AH once per day with a GetAll, but now I'm scanning pretty much everytime i go to the auction house every single page, it wastes my time and it breaks my habits, I'm sure if they just add a delay or something to the queries on the GetAll scan, everyone would be happier and it wouldn't cause too many lags... no?

Hi there!

I have some bad news and some good news for all of you!

First the bad, I haven't been able to get in contact with the staff about why exactly the addon was banned or if they would allow my fixed version. I just haven't gotten a response to any of my messages, they just seem to get ignored completely.

And now for the good news. Since the staff doesn't seem to care enough to write a response, I am going to go ahead and release my fixed version. I am currently in the process of cleaning up the code a bit so it won't be buggy, anything you can click should work.

The only feature I am completely removing is the Full Scan function. All the other functionality like searching the AH, posting on AH and looking for undercuts still work! Also any item you do search will still get saved to auctionators database and the prices will be shown in item tooltips, only for the items you have manually searched though.

The release should be today (April 1st!), at the latest tomorrow if I run into any problems cleaning up the code (I don't think I will).

-Bever

PS: THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE ;)

Original post has been updated and new download link is included.

Please be advised that I didn't get any response from the staff about why the addon was banned or if I could release this version, therefore the use of this version is AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I did send enough messages to the staff without response to assume they do not care.

So please give the new version a try, I hope you all enjoy it! :D

I have issues with the background of the 3 tabs as you can see in the pic the normal tabs are fine

b1qalx9.jpg

I have same issue

Yep, I noticed and am looking into it, seems I didn't pay enough attention while I was renaming stuff. Thanks for the feedback. I am working on a fix :)

Version 0.0.2 has been uploaded and is ready for use! The background should now show again on the Auctionator tabs.

Please download this new version and let me know if you run into any more problems!