Sign in to follow this  
Morteraz

Fury vs Arms-Warrior

Hey there, other Warriors.

I normally played only arms, except for 1 Fury warrior back in TBC.

And now i was wondering if Fury-warrior is recommandable in any situations.

I stay with Arms for PVP for sure, because i'm used to the rotation and stuff, but what about the dps and other aspects?
Do you play Fury, or what do u think about Fury at all on 4.3.4 ?
Would you recommend to play Fury for PvE?

Greetings!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYM_rhC-ldA[/youtube]

But we have 4.3.4 patch without content (=without items) so there will be differences on our server in comparison to retail. Nevertheless, Arms seems to be much stronger than fury in every circumstances, i do not know if it is best dps in general because of this lack of items.

The way the specs are setup it's clear that Fury has a higher burst and Arms is steadier damage.

4.3.4 is still Skill > Gear, and specializations are a matter of skill as well.

Also note that warrior in general is the toughest class to master in this patch due to stance dancing and the necessity for 'complex' macro's and thus keybinds.
  • Like 1

In my opinion it's same and it's all about how much time and energy you have invested in spec to be actually good at it. I played both specs ever since Wotlk and on cata/mop and it was always same for me.

Im just a fury player, i like the dual wielding and all that thrashing around.I do dislike however, the raiding community's take on it... I can not get into a raid group unless im an Arms.. Whatever happen to play what you like.

Fury is Better for burst and Single target DPS.

Arms is better and steady dps and aoe fights

Arms is better for single target, multiple targets, has better sustained dps, better mobility, basically its better in almost everything. The only thing that fury has is burst and even that's not something very special because arms' burst dmg is decent too. So fury will do more dmg during the Death Wish and like no dmg outside his cooldowns - its overall dps will be average, arms' overall dps is insane so the choice is clear - arms.

Fury loses with Arms both PvP and PvE (with diff PvP really huge and PvE slight). 

It is due to content as well. With 4.3.4. Content and items if any warrior can grab 2x tentacles(Gultharnac? I dun remember sword name), he can probably outdps any other class havin 2x Tentacle proxx chance. Until that, Fury will have better burst(it has better burst than Arms actually but less survi and mobility), but overall less DPS. 

I like more fury though. Funnier to swing 2 swords than one with Titan-Grip.

As for leveling a warrior - Arms is better (And Protection is best), fury is okay only after u get Titan-Grip at the beggining. All that matters is still player skill. You can often see Fury Warriors that break meta nowadays and make 25k dps on some raids/rhc, but those are rare. Cause Fury is harder than arms for sure.

Still in my opinion - Fury is harder but still decent. It will make less AoE damage than Arms with Bladestorm, but still in Single Target damage Fury can outdps many Arms warriors, even in overall dps, if player is good. All that matters is right rotation and reforges. 

Cheers.

Try 4.3.4. with 2x tentacles Fury, that will spawn twice as many tentacles as arms and will win each fight, both PvP and PvE . GG.

I kinda don't want to necro post but I don't want people to be mislead by this retarded post

On retail if you equip two gurthalak the chance to proc tentacles is halved, which is why fury bis was gurth with hc experimental slicer in offhand

Also arms is superior to fury in both single and multi target fights this patch. 

Source: Retail mythic raider that has mained warrior from cata - wod and played both specs.. also I've achieved a rank 1 parse on imperator last year in all regions so I guess I know how to play warrior :rolleyes:  http://i.imgur.com/XYxUoPf.png

• Like 1

I was wondering what is wrong with using Titan's Grip with 2x 2 handed weapons, from what I know people that choose 2 x 1h weapons want the single minded fury for the slam. but it does less damage but damage is more consistent with 1 handed weapons compared with 2x 2 handed.

But for me i like Titan's grip for the fact it works well on single targets.

Also I do not get why Arms a pvp spec should be recommended for Raiding when Fury is meant primarily for damage in dungeons/raiding.

I was wondering what is wrong with using Titan's Grip with 2x 2 handed weapons, from what I know people that choose 2 x 1h weapons want the single minded fury for the slam. but it does less damage but damage is more consistent with 1 handed weapons compared with 2x 2 handed.

But for me i like Titan's grip for the fact it works well on single targets.

Also I do not get why Arms a pvp spec should be recommended for Raiding when Fury is meant primarily for damage in dungeons/raiding.

Fury is certainly not a bad spec it's more that arms is overpowered. Also fury doesn't become the best raiding spec until MOP..

It would make sense to choose the spec that does the most damage which is why people play arms in raids this patch

Might be because of Server bugs, because SMF has always been behind TG on equal term.

Also, Wrath, and Cata demolished the whole "PVP/PVE only spec". Fury consistently globalled people in T11, as well as top DPS easily with only 3-4 buttons, leading to gradual nerfs to where they are in 4.3.4 - not top 5, but can still deliver solid DPS. 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=rGQweiWrEhw[/youtube]

he is so bad....omg

It just depend on fights, where you need multitarget arms is better, in single target fights fury contends with dps war arms instead (same item level and gear), but there's another thing to consider I am not talking about our actual content (look what is written below about gear).

For his best versatility arms is better because there isn't a raid made only of single target fights and the contribution in aoe in Heroics run is vital much important for the raid (and ofc lot lot more output dmg).
The idea to have 2 set fury/arms to switch with spec is crazy because to give the best you need to switch 90% of the gear (reforge). ( I do not consider in terms of comparison  dungeons...fights are too short...and fury burst can do better, depends).

My considerations about best/worst are made with all tier13, weapons and trinket of ds 8/8 nm and hc available.

Also exping (quests), I prefer use arms to mass grind mobs aoe with sweepings and bladestorm and fast charges instead fury (ofc with offspec tank to join dungeons).

Edited by Hellberserk