Sign in to follow this  
Tj20

Low Level Dungeon Impressions

[quote](...)Blackrock Depths (you can only do 2 bosses in the Dungeon Finder)(...)[/quote]

This is blizzlike. I was playing on retail (but MoP) and there was same thing with only two bosses (i guess whole dungeon would be too long to do it in dungeon finder and Blizzard decided to put only these 2 last bosses in DF :( ).
About Lower/Upper Blackrock i dunno, i didn't do it on 55+ lvl - only on 85 just for achievment :P

There are [url=http://wow.gamepedia.com/Blackrock_Depths#Dungeon_Finder_Tips]2 Dungeon Finder entries[/url] on retail servers, just like our server:

1) Blackrock Depths - Detention Block
You're right in that this one is extremely short. You come in through the main entrance, turn right, kill High Interrogator Gerstahn and that's it. Ofc the group can do more if they want, but you get the satchel after only 1 boss.

2) Blackrock Depths - Upper City
You come in through the main entrance and have the task to kill the end boss Emperor Thaurissian but may use one of the Abandoned Mole Machines near the entrance to teleport to the "Grim Guzzler" to shorten the length of time clearing the dungeon. (The abandoned mole machines are not available here atm)

However on our server the Dungeon Finder spawns you at the Molten Core portal, and since the door to the earlier parts of the dungeons is locked, you can only kill Magmus and Emperor Thaurissian. You [i]can[/i] die and come in through the main entrance as a ghost or do a non-dungeon finder-group so you can do some of the other bosses. However the big wheel mechanism which opens the path to the middle part of the instance (Grim Guzzler etc.) doesn't work at the moment, so it's impossible to go there.

I have already spawned the missing questgivers and corrected the LFG entrances to Blackrock Depths. I will upload it after I finish scripting the Abandoned Mole Machines, probably tomorrow because I'm going to sleep soon.

Thank you, it's really amazing how fast you guys at fixing stuff. I've never played on other servers, but from what I've heard, it can take months (if the dungeons are open at all).

In the last four days alone the devs fixed 79 issues according to the changelog. This presents a problem for me: as soon as I write something in my OP here, it get fixed already and I have to delete it again, because it wouldn't be up to date any more. :D Most things got fixed after a week max, a couple of things even on the next day.

Thank you, dev team, you're really doing an awesome job.
I hardly even dare to report new bugs, because you guys are so quick... you probably don't even have time to play your own game because you're monitoring the bug tracker all day. :D

[i]A bug, a bug! Kill it with with fire, break its legs! Aaah... got it.

Dammit... [b]I[/b] wanted to fix that![/i]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yNqmVnvm.jpg[/img]

hi all, i must say that im loving this server, all dung are rlly well fixed. so far i only have 1 problem now with blakcrock depths which theres an engine that should be able to open a path to cross and even tough i click on the engine that path doesnt work. is there a way to do this dungeon now?

You mean the big wheel mechanism which should open the path to the West Garnison and the Grim Guzzler? That doesn't work at the moment, as far as I know.

You can however use the Abandoned Mole Machine near the dungeon entrance to port "just behind the Grim Guzzler". That way, you can do the rest of the dungeon. (West Garnison and Grim Guzzler itself are not reachable at the moment though).

[quote name="Tj20"]In the last four days alone the devs fixed 79 issues according to the changelog. This presents a problem for me: as soon as I write something in my OP here, it get fixed already and I have to delete it again, because it wouldn't be up to date any more. :D Most things got fixed after a week max, a couple of things even on the next day.

Thank you, dev team, you're really doing an awesome job.
I hardly even dare to report new bugs, because you guys are so quick... you probably don't even have time to play your own game because you're monitoring the bug tracker all day. :D

[i]A bug, a bug! Kill it with with fire, break its legs! Aaah... got it.

Dammit... [b]I[/b] wanted to fix that![/i]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yNqmVnvm.jpg[/img][/quote]

It's Bildo's time to shine now, since I've got exams coming :P

I love dungeons till i hit around 40 and have to go and tank dire maul. You need a whole party of healers just to do that place. one isnt enough, even as a tank with all plate i get hit for around 700 damage, and crit for about 1200. its so dire! lol

But isn't it fun to have some really hard dungeons on low lvl? If all dungeons would be easy, players would be bored pretty fast. :mrgreen:

Yes, some of the mobs can do Sunder Armor which severely cuts your amount of armor if you let it stack too high. Some also do Mortal Strike, which reduces the amount of healing you receive by 50%.

I've did DM east and west both as a tank and healer, and it wasn't too big of a problem if you are careful. The only mob who severely dumped on us was Captain Kromcrush in Dire Maul North who does Sunder Armor, Mortal Strike and fears the group. But he could be CCed, so we feared him and killed his adds first.

So I'm level 70 now and completed nearly all TBC dungeons.

My impression is that the first half of the TBC dungeons work extremely well and are nearly undistinguishable from retail.

The [url=http://i.imgur.com/JlQlV7F.jpg]highlevel (67+)[/url] TBC dungeons however have the same problem as UBRS/LBRS had in Vanilla: it's really hard to find groups because people are either too low or already level 68 which probably means that they'll do WotLK dungeons for the higher iLevel loot. So I guess most people will do theses dungeons 0x - 1x or maybe do them once at level 85 for the achievement. That's not a specific problem of this server however, because it's totally blizzlike.

I finally managed to find some players for the dungeons, and would say that they are mostly completable, but not as refined and well-tuned as the other, regular dungeons. Some bosses are pretty hard, others are missing abilities and thus are mostly tank and spank, and 3 dungeons (Dark Morass, Shadow Labyrinth, Botanica) are not completable by a low level group at least right now. Maybe 4 - I didn't try Shattered Halls, but I've read some reports of game crashes there.
If I were a dev I wouldn't invest much time here however, because as mentioned before: most people do the highlevel TBC dungeons probably 0x or 1x for the achievement.

[quote name="Tj20"]... If I were a dev I wouldn't invest much time here however, because as mentioned before: most people do the highlevel TBC dungeons probably 0x or 1x for the achievement.[/quote]
I agree, there are more important things. But I still believe that it is important that you (or more generally all of us players) report these issues so that the staff and developers are aware of all the issues with the server. This way, even if it is not a high priority problem, I hope that the Devs put all these things into the "To Do List" and hopefully they'll eventually get to fix all these details, thus creating the PERFECT private server. I'm not sure if this is an objective for the staff here, but from what I've seen so far it seems that while they are prioritizing some things, they do intend to fix anything that is not Blizzlike. Am I wrong?

I'm sure that's the overall goal, but some thing are (understandably) way down the priorities list. :D

Yesterday I finally managed to find a group for LBRS and UBRS as a tank. Oh boy is it hard to find groups for the end-of-an-xpac dungeons... everybody only wants to do the next xpac dungeons for the better loot.

LBRS works surprisingly well. Besides one issue with a wrong "Hex" spell, it was nearly totally blizzlike.
UBRS on the other hand has a couple of problems like fighting the 1st boss will aggro nearly every trashmob in the whole instance, but in the end it was at least completable. And since I guess most people will do it only maybe once at level 85 for the Leeroy title or so, I think it's not a big deal. :)

Thats how should work last boss in Ubrs. You need to clear whole room or otherwise he'll pull all mobs if u start a fight with him.

The last boss of UBRS General Drakkisath seemed fine to me... We had a problem where the first boss Pyroguard Emberseer pulls nearly the whole instance, apparently because his [i]Fire Nova[/i] damages other mobs and has nearly unlimited range.
Technically they come to kill not us but him. But usually your party will also get aggro with AoE and stuff.

[quote name="Tj20"]The last boss of UBRS General Drakkisath seemed fine to me... We had a problem where the first boss Pyroguard Emberseer pulls nearly the whole instance, apparently because his [i]Fire Nova[/i] damages other mobs and has nearly unlimited range.
Technically they come to kill not us but him. But usually your party will also get aggro with AoE and stuff.[/quote]

You are completely right about Pyron. Also, Rend is broken as hell. Not enough waves of trash mobs before dragon coming out, too mane mobs in those two waves, can't say anything about dragon or Rend, dragon killed us instantly.

There are two problems with Drakkisath, tho. Minor problem is missing animation on tanks character when he got in conflag. That's not problem for players who are using some sort of advanced UI, but anyone playing with Blizzard original frames will have big problem there. Ofc, anyone in party with proper unitframes can make announcement, but that is a big stretch since overall game knowledge from majority of population on this server is, kinda questionable.

I'd like to make small off topic here just to support my previous statement, so let's just add few examples here to prove the point.

Some random DK, who qued for rdf as a dps, was using taunt on boss fight-after being warned while on the trash not to do same. I deliberately let him do the tanking, since he seem really eager to do it by him self. Since server stuff added some nice features recently, like poison clouds, it was probably too much for his understanding of the game, he was standing in GREEN cloud, give healer some hard time, and eventually died, and yes, I was called a bad tank, which frankly idc about, Also I can recall some random healer who was completely unaware of de-buff that second boss in Slave Pens (I'm bad with recalling names) put's on tank-bleed till his hp is on 100%. Now, I'm playing paladin tank, and that wasn't a problem since i topped my self, but then again , if it was DK/warrior on my place, without pots and food, he would have died, just because healer doesn't know his game. But my favourite was, also in Slave Pens, when party almost killed mind controlled player. I mean, seriously...how brain damaged you have to be to actually dps member of your own party? Anyway, I'm pretty sure that you can also come up with some stories of this kind, based on your own experience with rdf...so, let's just get back to Drakkisath...

Other, bigger, problem is that his adds aren't fully linked with him. What that means, is that player can pull (if i recall right add, when you face him) without triggering boss fight. Now you can say why would that be a big deal in lvl60 dungeon? Well, I believe that ridiculizing the game only encourage people getting free get away card for going trough content without understanding what they can all do with all of their abilities (I saw like 1 or 2 mages, that were actually bothering to sheep some mobs, only one hunter that was using slow traps...), not to mention that doing all those fight with some proper tactics and order of doing thing will, actually, become more fun and enjoyable then button mashing which most players here do...But that's just me...

So I've visited nearly every pre-Cata dungeon now, and overall I'm impressed with their quality.

Most of the dungeons work pretty well. Even the Oculus is completely scripted where I thought before: "They surely didn't bother to do that since it's one of the most hated instances anyway."
Occasionally you'll see some small differences to retail, like a non-moving pat, a boss who forgot a certain ability or something like that, but overall I think they did a great job with the low level dungeons. It's also pretty easy to find a dungeon group at EU afternoons and evenings, even as a DPS my waiting times were usually between 5 and 20 minutes, that's comparable to retail.

Most of the 60 low level dungeons work well. I think the only ones that can not be completed by a group of an appropriate level (or will give them serious trouble at least) are these five I've mentioned:
- UBRS (Pyroguard Emberseer's Fire Nova will pull the whole instance. Workaround: 1. Kill him quickly 2. Die to the bajillion other mobs 3. Run in again :D)
- Shadow Labyrinth (Vorpil's Void Portals will whoop your behinds. Workaround: Bring a level ?? healer who can tank them :D)
- Shattered Halls (WoW errors. I guess there's no easy fix, but as a workaround it seems to be completable with a lot of patience)
- Botanica (Sunseeker Harvesters will spawn a ton of adds. Workaround: Kill them quickly or CC them)
- Halls of Lightning (3 seconds after the pull Loken will kill everybody who is farther away from him than a couple of yd. Workaround: Run simultaneously to his feet. Don't bring a charge-happy warrior/druid tank or you will die. :D)

/e: Raino is right

You can do Black Morass, but you need to go to Cavern of Time, and there is quest for that, just get quest, and you can enter.