Kostasglaros

WoD Models for 4.3.4

Since we officially left behind 4.0.6 it would be a nice addition and freshen the game up with the WoD models.
Paste the file into Data \ Cache and then launch the game with the Wow.exe provided in the link.
Here's the file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mfrayj24qjsyoz/WoDpatch.rar?dl=0 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find me in game named Xyc.

Well, if you're posting this here, then you could at least give some credit to the guy who put effort in making this patch.
His name is [b]KonataBG[/b], and he updated his progress on WoW-Freakz forums, and Modcraft under name [b]Konattchi[/b].

As for the patch itself... I have tested it, and it's great in general, but it's not finished and the guy already gave up on the project, since the server I came from is going MoP soon, and there are already patches like that for MoP.
There are several glitches I've noticed, like missing haircuts (you will see bald head of character), npc's have still old models and their haircuts are messed up, Undead and Draenei models are not done.
Konata mentions the following problems in his posts:
[i]-Dwarf female piercing textures have been wiped off from the face of the earth
-Npcs (who I was forced to retain their old model) think the new hair textures look good on them but its not trust me
-Obsidian Nightwing mount model aint loading from what I learned by other people
-The missing hairstyles like I said earlier and other geosets
-Feet geosets which were introduced into WoD appearently are either replacing the normal feet geoset or arent showing at all which means that if you dont have boots on without the feet geoset working it kinda sucks though its not that noticable
-No draenei and undead for now (very difficult races for pre Pandaria and I say pre pandaria because pandaria supports the new WoD texture cata and below dont)[/i]

Not like I enjoy quoting myself, but well... To hell with this.
[quote name="Color91"]...the guy already gave up on the project, since the server I came from is going MoP soon, and there are already patches like that for MoP.[/quote]

We can only hope someone as productive as him will spare time on finishing the work he started.

[quote name="Color91"]

We can only hope someone as productive as him will spare time on finishing the work he started.[/quote]

That's what i meant.

[quote name="Mrkariox"]Does it work on Atlantiss? Anyone tested it?[/quote]
As I said, I did...
It doesn't matter on what server will you use it.

You just need a 4.3.4 client. Then you replace 2 files:
- [i]wow-update-enUS-15595.MPQ[/i] (it's located in [b][i]Data/cache[/i][/b] folder, eventualy enGB etc.)
- [i]wow.exe[/i]

If you wonder if it's working with atlantiss' mini client, then idk, you have to check that by yourself.

Just be sure to backup those 2 original files, or simply "install" this patch on separate client, in case you didn't like the bugs and glitches of this mod.

[quote name="Color91"] [quote name="Mrkariox"]Does it work on Atlantiss? Anyone tested it?[/quote]

If you wonder if it's working with atlantiss' mini client, then idk, you have to check that by yourself.

[/quote]

Thats what i want to know about.

Tested it and it works like a charm :mrgreen: , but only my char is modded, no npcs :( and I didnt see any other players so can't say for sure they are also modded (hope they are). And when you want to create a character and then press the back button it disconnnects you from the server. Anyway nice to see my troll mage in a new way haha. Great work for those who did this. Really is addicting to see something like this. P.S. Dranei and undead aren't finished :(

Some screenshots from Atlantiss.

[url]http://i57.tinypic.com/103xvmu.jpg[/url]

[url]http://i59.tinypic.com/24pma03.jpg[/url]

Only the players have changed not NPCs.

Looks nice, but how it affects performance? I'd like to try, but my notebook barely handles WoW on low graphic with 1366x768 resolution (25-30 fps) :X
Did you notice any fps drop after installing new models?

I did everything as you said but when im loging in, after "connected" im getting error "Cannot stream required archived. Please check the network connection". How can I fix it? :(

[quote name="Arcadia"]Looks nice, but how it affects performance? I'd like to try, but my notebook barely handles WoW on low graphic with 1366x768 resolution (25-30 fps) :X
Did you notice any fps drop after installing new models?[/quote]
I haven't noticed any fps drops myself, and my PC doesn't belong to the fastest ones.
Still, in my opinion it's not rly worth intalling unless you want to check out "how could it be having wod models" on 4.3.4. I personaly dislike seeing 50% of the people bald because of missing haircuts, or all NPC's with screwed up hair textures. But again, it's just my opinion.
[quote name="Pitappl"]I did everything as you said but when im loging in, after "connected" im getting error "Cannot stream required archived. Please check the network connection". How can I fix it? :([/quote]
I don't think it has anything to do with this patch. Might be somethign on your side, or it could be your bad timing logging right when server crashes or something, but then... I can be wrong. If you installed that mod on separate client, try connecting at the same time with the once you haven't installed it on.

Arcadia:

I think it needs some more performance but I would suggest you that you turn down your resolution. Like 1280x800. Use a wide screen resolution but not the highest. Then your FPS should be better. And use windowed mode, it looks better, you don't see so much pixels as in fullscreen.

Pltappl: Hmmm I know what I ha the same error. Accidentally copied the model patch on the 4.0.6 patch instead 4.3.4. After I realized what I did on 4.3.4 it works great. Maybe you didn't pasted it in the good directory I don't know. Say what you did and maybe I can be of help :D

Have you backed it up? There are 3 files by the name of SoundCache-patch-15595.mpq. The one in Data, Data\Cache and one in Data\Cache\enGB(US) or other version you have. It was wisely to back up the original files.