Emtec

Regarding PvE items use in PvP (Only arenas)

Regarding PvE items use in PvP  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to be done regarding PvE items?

• Yes, I want the items below to be banned from PvP
    • No, I want not item bans in PvP
    • I have no opinion on this matter

With the heroic mode of Dragon Soul launching on the 26th of September, we're going to experience an influx of players playing PvP Arenas with heroic gear, which for many, may seem as them having a strong predominance over those with only the PvP Cataclysmic gear. The idea was raised by our PvP players together with Lucasbarsh, our PvP Game Master. An internal vote was already passed in favour of introducing such a change to ban Heroic gear from Arenas.

The items that would be banned goes as follows:

• DS HC - All, without exceptions
  • DS N - Bone-link, Vial of Shadows, Cunning, Windward Heart, Soulshifter Vortex
  • DS N - Gurthalak, Kiril, Titahk, Maw, Rathrak, Nokaled, Vishanka, Souldrinker
  • FL HC/N - Matrix, VPLC
  • OTHERS - Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest, Fangs of the Father

Personally, I believe such a change should be introduced to see the results and know for certain whether this is something the players want.

In this discussion thread we want to gather your opinion, begin a valuable discussion with many good arguments and finally decide on the outcome together.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Yes, but this items should be banned only in arenas and  not in bgs aswell or rated bgs as we discused.

Maybe some ppl will be confused because of this and might vote "no"

1 minute ago, irshie said:

I vote no in bgs and make items class specific like bonelink for str using classes

While only rogues use bonelink at all?

So arenas is only for the pvp geared people? For example, I would not be able to cap conquest points a few weeks into DS hc if i decided I wanted to do pvp one day. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aloise said:

So arenas is only for the pvp geared people? For example, I would not be able to cap conquest points a few weeks into DS hc if i decided I wanted to do pvp one day. 

The Idea behind this is, remove the overscaled items. If you read carefully they wont remove every PvE item. The discussion is only about removing the ones, which made s11 to the worst pvp season out there. 

Also keep in mind, vial and bonelink are both bugged atm and can double proc, same with legendary staff and living bomb explosion. 

1 minute ago, twitch.tv/medalxz sellouts said:

The Idea behind this is, remove the overscaled items. If you read carefully they wont remove every PvE item. The discussion is only about removing the ones, which made s11 to the worst pvp season out there. 

Also keep in mind, vial and bonelink are both bugged atm and can double proc, same with legendary staff and living bomb explosion. 

10 hours ago, Emtec said:

The items that would be banned goes as follows:

• DS HC - All, without exceptions

Hope this clears up my concern, Mr. Medal.

Well its because Heroic PvE item just out value CQ PvP items, arean with heroic DS gear just switches into one shotting or getting one shotted, games are boring and literally unplayable for some classes. You can still use normal DS gear which is same ilvl as cq gear.

So everybody have to know that they cannot vendor their nm item, if given an upgrade, in case they maybe want to pvp one day? Amazing idea.

I’m fine with trinks/leggy. But a full ban is stupid.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Aloise said:

Aaaaand read my first comment again.

edit: First serious comment*

For dragonslayers like yourself, there is the option 'I have no opinion on the matter'. Stop derailing the topic with your subpar thinking. Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

^ And that’s why people look down on pvp players.

My opinion is not defined by what content I do. My concern still stands. There’s upsides and downsided to banning items. Grow up.

• Like 3