Emtec

PvP AMNESTY

Do you agree?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• I agree
    • I disagree

Hello, this is your Chief Lieutenant Pisslord Champk reporting in.

This topic leaves me to wonder, if Emtec's everyday breakfast includes smoking a good bowl of crack in the morning.  Everybody understands that the Staff tries to get population back / keep the current players playing, but this is certainly not the correct way of doing it. Banning these 2-5 dipshits with their 20 alts, that only inject negativity and bad manners to the game / community does only bad. 

The way to retain / get the players back is to actually do what the PVP community has wanted, such as removing certain pve items from arena / dampening to 2s / FFA bgs / 3v3 Soloq. I understand that these changes actually require some time and input, which is hard to achieve for Atlantiss staff. Clearly typing a 4 letter script into the system to unban a dipshit is easier. 

3 weeks ago Yggr said that he will create a topic about the changes in PVP, to get better feedback from the average player here, which still has not been created. 

I havent played in Atlantiss since god knows when, but I believe that the community wants to see less glue sniffing and more listening to the community and actually implementing them to the game.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Axelito said:

I do get the fact that you want the population to be bigger, but unbanning the players that have been proven to be cheaters is not really the way.

Exactly like Axelito wrote, but I'll add that this will give a lot of bad reputation and you have 2 outcomes;
1st: That people are not gonna join the server because this is unfair and abysmal.
2nd: It's gonna attract more cheating.

Again edit: Biggest mistake is letting people go. Letting people go and then wanting them to come back is not the way. You should have tried to always keep the players, guess it's to late now...

Very bad idea Emtec. That is the punishment for cheating. Let us release murderers from prison because they deserve a second chance.................

The survey is still on and here the players will decide what to do with it. A few people came up with the idea and I decided to give it a try despite knowing how huge hate it might receive.

Stating that it is a "desperate" way of seeking online is sensless, owing to the fact of how many people we would really unban? 10? Maybe 20? I don't know where is this "desperate online seeking" in here. An idea came up, we gave it to a vote and it will be you, the players, who'll decide what to do, and that's it.
Looking for "the second side of the medal" is pointless.

I don't what to discuss what've done wrong, because we're aware of that. This topic is only about the matter described above, and let's stick to that

@FeralGod - your post is provoking and it doesn't express any valuable statement regarding our discussed matter. 

6 minutes ago, Emtec said:

The survey is still on and here the players will decide what to do with it. A few people came up with the idea and I decided to give it a try despite knowing how huge hate it might receive.

Stating that it is a "desperate" way of seeking online is sensless, owing to the fact of how many people we would really unban? 10? Maybe 20? I don't know where is this "desperate online seeking" in here. An idea came up, we gave it to a vote and it will be you, the players, who'll decide what to do, and that's it.
Looking for "the second side of the medal" is pointless.

I don't what to discuss what've done wrong, because we're aware of that. This topic is only about the matter described above, and let's stick to that

@FeralGod - your post is provoking and it doesn't express any valuable statement regarding our discussed matter. 

1-2 butthurt abusers/wintraders come up with this magnificent idea and you instantly want to pursue it & make a poll on forum. Meanwhile over 50+ arena players plus others who want changes to the arenas (remove pve gear & soloq & ffa bgs & dampening to 2s etc etc) and theres 0 action taken.

Good job as usual Emtec.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, easteregg said:

1-2 butthurt abusers/wintraders come up with this magnificent idea and you instantly want to pursue it & make a poll on forum.

For you, it's 1/2 players, for me it's many players on @complaits. It's not like we just though of something out of the blue. I've been thinking for around 2 weeks whether to actually make this survey live. Everyone who met me knows that I am a person who believes in others and that it's worth giving another chance. Maybe I should in fact close the topic of any player right after they receive permanent bans. That is why, here I present you with a thread and a survey to express your view, because mine can be fallible in this matter.

55 minutes ago, easteregg said:

Meanwhile over 50+ arena players plus others who want changes to the arenas (remove pve gear & soloq & ffa bgs & dampening to 2s etc etc) and theres 0 action taken.

I wouldn't state there's nothing going on. However, some things require major changes in the code, whereas some don't. Regarding the PvE items in PvP - today we'll post a discussion thread about it. From your point of view there may be little going on, but that's no entirely true, however, I do understand your opinion on this.

• Like 2

Meanwhile, nobody said anything or gave a shit about the fact that the pvp rules were changed couple days before the season end. Were talking bout whats fair in this situation and i see so many people against this yet nobody commented on the fact that rules got changed right before season end in favor of certain players. and nothing was done about that 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kekk said:

Meanwhile, nobody said anything or gave a shit about the fact that the pvp rules were changed couple days before the season end. Were talking bout whats fair in this situation and i see so many people against this yet nobody commented on the fact that rules got changed right before season end in favor of certain players. and nothing was done about that 

i agree btw

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Kekk said:

Rules were not changed few days before season end. Rules were changed 4 months before season end.

8 hours ago, Genome said:

If you rule the country and your people move abroad because of economy/war/government being retarded and you want to stop it in terms of demography and keeping general balance in society, you basically have two ways:

- get your shit together so your people will come back - fix class bugs, bring new content, keep your promises;
- get some foreign-born people who lived in worse conditions - 'maybe your TBC server isn't more retarded than ours, but well, we have Cataclysm'

Atlantiss always comes with the best solutions, so if they need more population they just free mentally ill people out of hospitals and criminals out of prisons.

I did not understood if you support my message or not x).

I'll just say it again perma ban or ip ban (8-11 accounts) for me it's like death sentence in real life.

most of the enlightened countries in the world are rarely/almost never use death sentences.

period ban time up to half year (6 months) is equal to jailing people in real life.  There is alot things to loss in that time while character is in ban.

I really don't think perma banning people are is greatest solution. (Maybe easiest solution / lack of man power)

there are ways to make people deep-mind understand that cheating , abusing, exploiting, wintrading (pvp aspect) is not worthing it.

Like in real life the majority are not doing crimes cause they know it's not worth it.

we can achieve it without getting people losing their character OR as I said losing their character should be as final solution after giving few opportunities.

I also think and I said it the punishement should be proportion to the "crime" that been made.

I gave few example of not proportional perma banning.

Unlike the majority here. I don't think it's a desperate move to keep people on the server.

But a good "Referendum". Yes maybe the potentially people who will "enjoy" from it wil lbe like 10-15 people max.

That why I called for re-write all the PVP rules. Because if you keep it as it is now. we didn't recieved any revolution.

we didn't advanced, we didn't moved forward.

I can also add to all what I said in my previous message that I support that PVE items should not be used in Arena.

About solo 3q and dampening system I still have doubt.

39 minutes ago, Kekk said:

i agree btw

Either you are shizophrenic or you forgot to swap to your alt account to agree to your main accounts statement.

I dont know what you are talking about, rules didn't get changed in the end. Lucasbarsh stated that there was a mistake with the transision from the old post to the new one and it got fixd later on. So why should people "comment on the fact that rules got changed"?

Would be glad If you could explain me that logic.

11 minutes ago, Dapper said:

I'll just say it again perma ban or ip ban (8-11 accounts) for me it's like death sentence in real life.

Talking about death sentence becuase your World of Warcraft account on a private server is beyond stupid and the worst metapher I have heard in a while.

13 minutes ago, Dapper said:

Unlike the majority here. I don't think it's a desperate move to keep people on the server.

But a good "Referendum". Yes maybe the potentially people who will "enjoy" from it wil lbe like 10-15 people max.

Do you know how many people averagely get banned at the end of a season for wintrading? Why would you want to bring wintrading back If it took 10 seasons to get rid of them?

Friends of Administration, or Owner, it doesn't matter. Rules are rules. Perm ban is PERM BAN.

// Emtec: better if u'll check who banned their 😉

• Thanks 1

1. If we had AMNESTY, he would be unbanning about 6-10 people including me.

2. Wintraders only get banned for 1 month, they are already unbanned or will get unbanned anyways, because it's not permanent.

3. Players thinking Emtecc doing this for population are either lying to themselves or are completely delusional.

4. PvE players hating, because they don't benefit anything from it and I totally understand their frustration, anger and jealousy. Also not everyone follows PvP drama and knows exactly everything so it's just normal that they would react this way.

5. PvP players being salty and hating because they think It's ONLY about Me, Elann and Hatedlol because we have/had huge impact on the PvP community and history with it and acting like we did something personal.

6. This poll is kinda pointless, I wouldn't want my unbann depending on players who don't even know us, know what we did, commenting like we did something personal against you.

7. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION. If you wanna talk something out, send a private message.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, ItsArty said:

1. If we had AMNESTY, he would be unbanning about 6-10 people including me.

2. Wintraders only get banned for 1 month, they are already unbanned or will get unbanned anyways, because it's not permament.

3. Players thinking Emtecc doing this for population are either lying to themselves or are completely delusional.

4. PvE players hating, because they don't benefit anything from it and I totally understand their frustration, anger and jealousy. Also not everyone follows PvP drama and knows exactly everything so it's just normal that they would react this way.

5. PvP players hating because they think It's ONLY about Me, Elann and Hatedlol because we have/had huge impact on the PvP community and history with it and acting like we did something personal.

6. This poll is kinda pointless, I wouldn't want my unbann depending on players who don't even know us, know what we did, commenting like we did something personal against you.

7. THIS IS ALL MY OPINION. If you wanna talk something out, send a private message.

You used every cheat, exploit and method under the sun for the last 3 years. You can stay the hell out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, twitch.tv/medalxz sellouts said:

1. Talking about death sentence becuase your World of Warcraft account on a private server is beyond stupid and the worst metapher I have heard in a while.

2. Do you know how many people averagely get banned at the end of a season for wintrading? Why would you want to bring wintrading back If it took 10 seasons to get rid of them?

1. I would like to know why my methaphor is "beyond stupid and worst".

Tbh, I think its pretty hit the spot. The current behavior in PVP community as I view it is people trying to report and ban each other none stop, even when those people do or did Arena together, Raiding, Chatting and talking daily basis in Discord/Skype.

I don't like that antagonism the friend-enemy relationships we have, after all its small community.

I'm leave Arty,Hated,Elan issue aside for 1 second, it's "unwide" (narrow) vision of thinking about things. I don't look at it in personal terms. The PVP rules need to be changes. In our reality, in the real world our parliament(s) changing, fixing, making or removing rules everyday. 

The Introspection is required. I glad Emtec doing it.

2. And it's not about wintraders. which for them I also gave pretty nice solution. Have nice day~

3 hours ago, Dapper said:

1. I would like to know why my methaphor is "beyond stupid and worst".

Nvm comparing a death sentence with a ban in a game is exactly the same and should be treated the same way, sorry I am kinda dumb irl. Keep up the good posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

u can do an Amnsty about real things discussion on server when u ban people cuz they expose Gm braking rules and after perma ban insulting is normal rage like Stormrage but idea unbaning players for abuse or cheat is not acceptable 

6 minutes ago, Demonhunter said:

u can do an Amnsty about real things discussion on server when u ban people cuz they expose Gm braking rules and after perma ban insulting is normal rage like Stormrage but idea unbaning players for abuse or cheat is not acceptable 

exactly Demon! noojs noojs

Why is it only for players who were banned before 15/09/2018 and why is it only for Pvp related issues ? 

It's obviously targeting a specific group of players. Lmao

18 hours ago, ayn said:

Why is it only for players who were banned before 15/09/2018 and why is it only for Pvp related issues ? 

It's obviously targeting a specific group of players. Lmao

I'm not the speaker of Atlantiss but I can assume

because majority of the ban reports come from PVP and not PVE

You ever seen guild with core guild report on their own bug abuse?

About the date I'm pretty sure they decided it because they are sure that every date forward to this date was ok-ish punishements.