Elann

How to quit Atlantiss with style

Sorry that volume is so quiet, I hope it's no problem for you to increase it a little

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

*These opinions are from a fury warriors point of view*
This weapon drops off the LFR, Normal, and Heroic versions of "Madness of Deathwing."

The following details reflect the Normal version (403 ilevel):

• Your special weapons swings have a 2% chance to spawn a stationary tentacle on the ground.
  • The tentacle attacks with a mind flay, channeling for 3 seconds. The mind flay ticks every 1.5 seconds for a static value of 11155 damage.
  • Attacks on average 8 ticks per tentacle, causing 89,240 damage or 7,214 dps.

Pros:
Looks cool, goes great with my Vanquished Tentacle of Yog-Saron.
No Internal Cooldown (ICD).
The Mind Flay spell slows. Could have some practical use in BGs.
Gives you extra burst, whether you need it or not.
The DPS gained from a tentacle is worth the secondary stats you lose.

Cons:
With no ICD, you can occasionally spawn two (or more) tentacles at the same time. Although this looks cool, only one tentacle can attack one target at a time. While the mind flay effect still occurs, the dots don't tick from the other 2 tentacles. While testing on dummys, I had 2 tentacles spawn 3 seconds apart, and recount only recorded 11 stacks for a total of 122,705 damage instead of the 178,408 I was expecting. The tentacles remained on the target I was attacking when they procced, rather than switching to another target if mind flay is already being cast on my primary target.
I'm either unlucky, or the tooltip is wrong. The proc only seems to work off special attacks. I have yet to proc one off a melee swing.
The 2% chance is too low. When fighting, I feel like I'm gaining an advantage for having it proc instead of it making up for the loss in secondary stats.
-------------------------------

Summary: This is a good weapon if no other weapons are available. I like the idea of the on swing proc, and the tentacle does great damage, but I feel the weapon needs more work. Primarily, a higher proc rate. I'll gladly take a 5-10% chance on crit to spawn, or a 60-90 second ICD w/ a 20% proc rate, but 2% chance on "melee swing" is too little. There needs to be a fix to correct the mind flays not stacking, because if I'm fortunate enough to get 2 tentacles at the same time they better both work. This weapon compared to any other Madness of Deathwing weapons with procs falls at the bottom of the list. I will take the next immediate weapon I can get.

shadoweye404 on 2012/04/06 (Patch 4.3.3)

Muktiple tentacles can attack, and I think max tentacles are 3 - never gotten more than 3 and they all cast the spell.

Well, we don't think so...

The "only one tentacle can attack a target" factoid was posted in 4.2.2 based off PTR testing and was not correct on live, as is pointed out downthread:

Translation of tentacle proc:

"Your attacks have a 2% chance to deal 105k-120k shadow damage over 11 seconds. Multiply procs is possible. No cooldown."

p.s. Myth: "only one tentacle can attack one target at a time" - busted.
All tentacles deals damage no matter how many exists (though unconfirmed with two Gur'thalaks).

Other sources elsewhere post-4.3 concur that it works this way.

Well, if you think i centered attention on this, you are wrong. What I wanted to say is that Gurthalak is busted on server and differes from "should work". 2% chance is 50 strikes on average, so 2-3 tentacles is 100-150 strikes, and getting 2 of them is already a great luck, but we got 10-15 tentacles working in one time.

7 hours ago, Hatedlol said:

More style in this

And even more here. Elann is such good movie marker STEVEN SPIELBERG INC 😄

• Thanks 1

First of all. As far as i saw on first video there were 3 tentacles during an "aoe" situation of PVP. Is 2 % per swing(not per autoattack) which means it can happen to be lucky and get 2 tentacles on 2 swings(is not going like 50 swing for each tentacle as is not how possiblities are working). During retail from what we know there were max 5 tentacles up but i think it got changed to max 3 tentacles after sometime.

If you think there is any bug then i will tell you sth which you did not expect. GO TO BUGTRACKER AND REPORT IT PROPERLY. Have fun :)

17 hours ago, Itemeczek2 said:

dis is how we leaving

38473473_297152517703447_4189542792529182720_n.png

Mafia Muszelka Dwa [*]

• Sad 1