Sign in to follow this  
Aival94

Mass Loot and Cataclysm

I would like to give it as suggestion and ask the developers about a mechanic that got implemented during mop which was the mass looting.

Because you already work on sth non-blizzlike(or better sth from a different expansion than the one we are) which is the cross-faction bgs, would you consider and do you think is possible to implement the mass looting in cataclysm as well?

To be honest if is possible i do not think will be extremely bad and will not be such a change to go so far away from your blizzlike rule as will only help players overall without changing so much their gameplay.

9 hours ago, Aival94 said:

will only help players overall without changing so much their gameplay.

Well if it doesn't change their gameplay, then what is the reason of adding it? Just to make life easier? Atlantiss is still trying to be "blizzlike" server, but they had to make few things custom, just to allow players to enjoy the game. I don't think that they are adding custom things only because blizzard added it in later expansions.

- They had to start working on crossfaction BG's because of lack of players on one side. Without it, players just can't play. But they will remove it once there will be enough players on both sides at the same time (or it will remain enabled, but only in some cases?).
- They had to custom nerf fire mages, because of their way too big damage (it's not working tho), but this nerf will be removed once they will fix ignite (I guess).
- They had to custom buff bosses in Firelands / Dragon soul, because there is less fun from killing easy bosses, especially on heroic. Will they remove it someday? Who know's, maybe if they manage to fix all classes and dps will be smaller overall, then maybe.

So as you can see, they are adding custom things that affect players gameplay, so why they should add aoe looting?

@Pelekon_dev your answer is just retarded, because you didn't say anything, except that you wouldn't like to see aoe loot in game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Piklo19 said:

Well if it doesn't change their gameplay, then what is the reason of adding it? Just to make life easier? Atlantiss is still trying to be "blizzlike" server, but they had to make few things custom, just to allow players to enjoy the game. I don't think that they are adding custom things only because blizzard added it in later expansions.

- They had to start working on crossfaction BG's because of lack of players on one side. Without it, players just can't play. But they will remove it once there will be enough players on both sides at the same time (or it will remain enabled, but only in some cases?).
- They had to custom nerf fire mages, because of their way too big damage (it's not working tho), but this nerf will be removed once they will fix ignite (I guess).
- They had to custom buff bosses in Firelands / Dragon soul, because there is less fun from killing easy bosses, especially on heroic. Will they remove it someday? Who know's, maybe if they manage to fix all classes and dps will be smaller overall, then maybe.

So as you can see, they are adding custom things that affect players gameplay, so why they should add aoe looting?

@Pelekon_dev your answer is just retarded, because you didn't say anything, except that you wouldn't like to see aoe loot in game.

It will just change in a way that will not be such a difference to feel like you are playing a different patch or expansion like cross-faction will do when get implemented.

Custom nerfs or buffs were implemented because the elites of the server that know the developers either because they speak to them more or just because they are old players asked for them and will never be removed even if they said that will be done just because the elites then will just start whining about how easy things are and how good was before.

The mass looting if was possible to be implemented/scripted will just help some faster farming of few items like cloths, greenies, gold, rep or quest items and transmog. Is not so bad and will not change anything about classes or mechanics of bosses and PVP.

@Pelekon_dev Your answer is really bad compare to what i was expecting. To say sth like that just means that the suggestion forums for you seems like a spot where you do not care what others write. If you said that the implemention of such feature is either impossible or will take too much time to be implemented and will not worth the time(even if this was a lie) it would be much better and at least show that you care about community suggestions and opinions and take them seriously no matter if this member is old or new to server. It just seems you do not really care about such things except what your close "friends" want.

1. I stated my opinion about that idea.

2. Comparing CF Bgs to mass loot is very bad, as CF Bgs are necessary to bring PvP a little closer to being alive + it will be temp solution(at least I hope so) when mass loot is just nice to have feature, but not necessary.

3. I hate only one thing more than being toxic, and this thing is assuming that I favour  someone...

8 hours ago, Pelekon_dev said:

3. I hate only one thing more than being toxic, and this thing is assuming that I favour  someone...

then you probably hate most of people xd

8 hours ago, Pelekon_dev said:

u mean u hate yourself xdd

I really like mass looting on servers that have it.  It's a fairly small convenience, but the cumulative effect is significant.  However, even though I like mass looting, I can understand why others wouldn't.  Since it has the potential to alter people's behavior or the economy, maybe it's worth considering if it could be harmful to the server before I fully support the idea.  Also, if it became a feature that you couldn't turn off, then that could be a huge turn off for a lot of players who want to feel like they're playing a not-overly-customized Cataclysm server.  Though, in general, there are some features in the later expansions that would fit well on any server imo (xmog collections).