Sign in to follow this  
Yggr

Interview with Arty, the winner of the 1v1 Torunament

INTERVIEW WITH ARTY, THE WINNER OF THE 1v1 TOURNAMENT

Hello there, I’m Yggr, and I’m here with the winner of our 1v1 tournament. Wastedtalent, why don’t you go ahead and introduce yourself.

- Arty here, however in addition to the interview you’ll tell me a secret, later on, deal?

Sure thing, let’s jump right into.

- Hey, I’m Arty, I come from Sweden and I’ve been playing the server for 3 years.

That’s actually a pretty long time. Have you played in any other World of Warcraft tournaments?

- Yes, I’ve played in the first events, back when Ranor was a PvP GM and I’ve won them both.

Have you played any tournaments outside of Atlantiss?

- No, I haven’t. I started playing Cataclysm after retail servers moved on from MoP to WoD, right then I began searching for private servers and since I’m mainly a PvP player I’ve been looking for a server with a focus on this part of the game and the first server I stumbled upon was the Ar*na Tournament. I hanged out there for a few months but since I didn’t have any consistent partners I ended up quitting it and right then I switched to M*lten or as some of the people know it as Warm*ne and right after that I’ve finally found Atlantiss and here I am.

So you’ve experienced a few of the private servers before joining Atlantiss, was there anything in particular that made you remain here?

- Yes, the people here, they were far nicer than in any other server, it was the end of the Vicious season back then, I felt that things were balanced and I got along with most of the people.

Do you still keep in touch with people you first started out with?

- With most of them, yes.

What were your impressions of the 1v1 Tournament?

- Overall it was pretty good and very fun, despite that I had some connection issues.

What did you think about your opponents? Were they any good?

- I can’t really say that I’ve faced that great of the opponents, it might be rude to put it this way but I didn’t face anyone good, they weren’t so experienced apart from one Blood Death Knight who gave me some trouble, but after all he was a Blood DK, he couldn’t really do much when I was kiting him.

What about the finals? What were your impressions of the mage you faced.

- He wasn’t really experienced as well. I mean at first I kind of knew I would win so I underestimated him a lot, so in the first match I used my cooldowns very poorly and played overall poorly, I noticed right away he was capable of doing the basic stuff so I was more careful and won afterwards, but overall that’s pretty much why I lost the first match, and I think it's pretty much the same with my old arena partners, who I thought I would face in the finals but they probably underestimated their enemy and lost, if this wasn't the finals I would be knocked out too. 

What do you personally think is the best thing about Atlantiss, and what should it improve on?

- I started on a RaF with a friend here, we were impressed with how good the quests were working all the way up to 85 compared to other servers and we were really impressed with the PvE part of this server. My first impressions of the server were quite positive, the gameplay was very satisfying the 2v2 queues were decent, the 3v3 was also decent but they needed improvement, and still, some class fixes and resilience which is not working as it should. Overall improving the PvP activity even more. The PvE side is really great, I enjoy it a lot.

Is there anything else you would like to say to the community of Atlantiss?

- Of course, a shoutout to all my guildmates from Immortal Legion, especially my brother Efrel, they taught me a lot about the PvE and I thank them for it. The PvE is great as I mentioned and the PvP is certainly going towards a good direction, Catchme did a great job with the events, the 3v3 weekly or the queue announcer and I hope the new PvP GM can follow his footsteps.

Before we end the interview, you made me promise to tell you a secret, what is it?

- Yes, who is the new PvP Game Master?

Haha, I can assure you he is an active player on Atlantiss, and you surely fought against him in the arenas or the battlegrounds as well as maybe in a pug raid. He has been here for a long time and it’s not Ranor, however, he prefers to remain anonymous.

- Haha, okay. Thank you very much for having me and good luck!

Likewise, good luck to you as well and it was great having to talk to you.

1v1 tour.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Debtheøne said:

fire mage nerfed and Quodan aint participating, coincidence xD?

it was on purpose, to make tournament more fair))

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 1:47 PM, Yggr said:

I felt that things were balanced

Of course that what someone playing the superior class will say 😂 No doubts you are good but ... 😂 Edit : Just kidding !