flufferton

*Urgent* An Inquiry of Point Equity in the Atlantiss Event *Time Sensitive*

This thread is concerning the fairness of the following Atlantiss event: https://atlantiss.eu/pages/31

It is considered common knowledge that three different forms of players exist in wow. These are players that perform tasks to show their dominance in PvP, PvE, and Roleplay/General Lore. Concerns of equality have been brought to my attention by several event competitors in the Atlantiss event. We do acknowledge that many players are talented in multiple aspects in wow and we have categorized our concerns into biases amongst the three main player-types of the event.

We can not control natural biases. These are the biases that are not controllable without an excessive amount of force or without permissive force. This would include the ratio of horde and alliance players and their activity during specific times of the day. Other natural biases include real life activity that can dismiss a player from their playtime. These biases should not be controlled because they are simply a part of life.

Controlled biases can be fixed and may skew into becoming fair or unfair depending on a player’s resources and abilities. General wow score, composed of achievements and leveling score, is what most people base the fairness of the other two scoring playstyles by. This is because General wow score is accessible to everyone with equal or similar amounts of skill requirements. The biases I will list show a skew amongst the PvE and PvP scores that promote one playstyle over the other simply by the number of points earned. In this list, I will identify the details that may fail to meet the “how it should work” mentality of each playstyle.

• General

• Time it takes to reach level 85

1. The difference between first place and last place can be made up by winning four battlegrounds.

• Amount of completed quests

1. This does not account for Daily Quests

• Amount of completed achievements

1. This does not consider Feats of Str.

• PVP

• Overall amount of Honor Points

1. Honor Points are only obtainable in Battlegrounds. The amount of PvP points earned were ridiculously skewed until becoming fixed approximately 3-4 weeks ago.

• For every victorious battleground. We'll investigate how much did a character contribute to every battleground, the higher the contribution, the more points earned

1. Since PvP players are able to group up in battlegrounds, there may exist a Large Skill gap between two teams in a random battleground.

2. Victorious battlegrounds can allow players to obtain 15 points by winning a 10-minute battleground. According to the suggested scoring system, an FL (N) 7/7 would grant a similar amount of points (21) but may take up to 2 hours, and an additional 1 hour to find raid members.

• Upcoming PvP season. After the event ends, we'll award additional points depending on character's placement in ongoing PvP season - just as we mentioned, only the characters created during the event will be taken into consideration

1. Not Applicable (action will not be taken until end of event)

• PVE

• For every successfully completed RDF. Signing up for RDFs in a group won't be taken into account

1. Dungeons usually do not grant PvE points. The only way to tell if dungeons grant PvE points is by making sure you have done the following:

• Enter the dungeon fresh (no bosses down)

• Attacked every boss, or have some form of aggro on the boss.

• Kill every boss in the dungeon

• Nobody leaves or gets kicked from the dungeon

• The dungeon Must be on Heroic difficulty (rhc)

If all these conditions are followed, a player may still not be rewarded with PvE points; this is seen as an incredibly inefficient way of making points.

• For every T11/T12 boss kill (Heroic kills doesn't count)

1. T11/T12 Boss kills Do NOT reward points on heroic or normal.

• For the shortest amount of time it took you to finish a raid for every week

• For the shortest amount of time it took you to complete a dungeon

1. Unsure if these two accreditations are recorded.

The purpose of this post is to inquire a change in the scoring system; thus promoting fairness amongst people’s playstyles.

Edited by flufferton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Amount of points gained through PvP is just too enticing to ignore atm. The points to time-spent ratio is highest + one can queue in a party + it is repeatable. This does call for a nerf/revamp imo. 

• Like 1

I agree on this and i think it would be more fair that making premade for rhc's was allowed because it is allowed in pvp. It will give more chance for other players to catch up a bit 

Hello.

It's pretty interesting that finally someone has made a post over this event.
One of my friends is participating and it's quite annoying to know that I'm not able to help him with RDF's because apparently if he wants to get points for PvE (talking about RDFs) he must solo queue (?) why isn't the same for PvP? I mean, with a nice pvp team you can EASILY win a bg under 10 minutes, and keep queueing whole day, but in the PvE case, you need to solo queue, usually wait around 10 minutes to be able to get a tank/healer, if someone from the party leaves and you requeue to find the missing person its equal to start fresh the rdf to be able to get points? then after being under those conditions (and if you run with the luck that people didn't leave), to be able to get points for each RDF completed you MUST kill every single boss in order, like if all the people queueing rdfs would be like ''oh yes let's clean this rdf complete''... i mean, people just queue for rdf to get easy valor points, and if they can skip some bosses to get their valor points they will.... How come then you don't apply this for PvP players? let's make it equal then, if someone from your team leaves the BG you won't receive any points, in case of warsong & twin peaks why you don't say okay you will receive points if your team win and if at least you cap the flag once, if you return it once at least and if you have 1kb, in case of AV, why you don't say okay you will get points if your team wins but as well if you get a graveyard, if you burn a tower, if you defend a tower, and if you have at least 1kb, wouldn't this be fair? I mean, instead of ''you will receive more points if you do objectives''.

My point is, why you don't make it equal? or was this a PvP event? because what after you complete all the quests available and did PvE to get some achievements? After that, PvE it's definetly NOT an option to get points (because for each raid you need to wait a week, and under the conditions RDF's on this event works).

Make it more fair for both sides, thank you.

• Like 1