Sign in to follow this  
Kercat

Azshara's Veil spots

Enabling the Vashjir herbs would be a bit weird to do considering you (as far as I know) can't obtain the seahorse mount or the Vashjir water breathing buff.

5 hours ago, ythealien said:

Enabling the Vashjir herbs would be a bit weird to do considering you (as far as I know) can't obtain the seahorse mount or the Vashjir water breathing buff.

Well as I mentioned above, either enable Vash'jir herb spots or put more spots in Tol Barad since there should be more spots in Tol Barad as well. And it is 4.3.4. already and we still don't have Vash'jir, that's embarassing in my opinion for server such as Atlantiss, because I'm here for 5 years and I know how good this server is/was scripted. So, fixing seahorse mount or fixing Vash'jir underwater breathing buff isn't very hard to do.

Vashjir is not being developed so you can rule that out.

Increasing the amount of spawns or spawn locations for herbs would be good. Even better is if work could be done on herbalism spawns to add less predictability - e.g. you can do a circuit of TB in X minutes and all the herbs will respawn in order, when in reality they should come back semi-randomly, to prevent monopolization by the first person to get the spawn timers down.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ythealien said:

Vashjir is not being developed so you can rule that out.

Increasing the amount of spawns or spawn locations for herbs would be good. Even better is if work could be done on herbalism spawns to add less predictability - e.g. you can do a circuit of TB in X minutes and all the herbs will respawn in order, when in reality they should come back semi-randomly, to prevent monopolization by the first person to get the spawn timers down.

I agree with what you mentioned about spawn times etc, but, I still think that Azshara's Veil will continue to be abused in economic way untill someone from Atlantiss Staff actually do something about that. Anyways, I see that this topic got ignored from their side, so I hope people will continue abusing a stupid herb, and I'm glad we have something like that here actually, who gives a fuck for herbs, right? :)

5 hours ago, Pelekon_dev said:

Topis is not ignored, we just keep discussing about it outside of forum.

Dzieki Pele. You're last pillar of hope. ^^

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Aloise said:

lol @ the image, but it would be both Blizzlike and healthy to get all the TB Azshara's Veil spots working and to semi-randomize them. Herbs on retail did not respawn at predictable times and in predictable orders in this fashion.

Although actually if you're the one doing the first cycle it's actually much better for you if you know exactly when they're spawning, so a realistic change might add more Azshara's Veil to the economy without letting you personally get all that you want.

I know what you mean with your first paragraph. As I see it: It is more about increasing the quantity than improving the respawn order, because Vashj'ir is not scripted. An artificial increase would not be Blizzlike, but it is be needed. (This is said without knowing how many spawns there were in TB during retail)

Something has to be done for sure, it's unfair to the other herbs and flasks/potions, and when you talking about exact spawns, I don't think any other herbs spawns (Cinderbloom, Stormvine, Whiptail, Twilight Jasmine and Heartblossom) on ATS has same spawn places as they had back on retail. xD

13 hours ago, Aloise said:

I know what you mean with your first paragraph. As I see it: It is more about increasing the quantity than improving the respawn order, because Vashj'ir is not scripted. An artificial increase would not be Blizzlike, but it is be needed. (This is said without knowing how many spawns there were in TB during retail)

Just from memory only like half or 2/3rds of the nodes on WoWhead actually work on the server, IIRC.

Well. You should go and gather proof and make a thread on bugtracker. It's probably the fastest way to get this fixed.

Or wait for devs to talk about it as Pelekon wrote

35 minutes ago, Kercat said:

2 weeks gone, still no answers from anyone. Bump.

On 20.02.2018 at 9:15 PM, Pelekon_dev said:

Topis is not ignored, we just keep discussing about it outside of forum.

• Like 1

Chill out people, there is a lot more VISIBLE activity from devs in the few recent months than it was for the year previous to them :p Cant expect everyones wishes and priorities to be handled on the day they topic is made. Also just like Piklo mentioned, there was a word from dev team already :p As sad as it is, majority of information is still not shared to be seen and 90% of playerbase probably never knows anything what is going on. (If not more)

10 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Chill out people, there is a lot more VISIBLE activity from devs in the few recent months than it was for the year previous to them :p Cant expect everyones wishes and priorities to be handled on the day they topic is made. Also just like Piklo mentioned, there was a word from dev team already :p As sad as it is, majority of information is still not shared to be seen and 90% of playerbase probably never knows anything what is going on. (If not more)

stay calm now Vlad

Uh, well then. How is that going to work considering the zone is underwater and you can't obtain the water breathing zone buff or the underwater mount? Or am I mistaken and those things actually work?

EDIT:

Hydrocane from Gomeregan is an option, outside being a druid or whoever can naturally buff water breathing I guess.

6 hours ago, ythealien said:

Uh, well then. How is that going to work considering the zone is underwater and you can't obtain the water breathing zone buff or the underwater mount? Or am I mistaken and those things actually work?

Right now I would rather not go there on other class than druid (It would be too teadious at basic swim speed). We are consider some options like granting Sea Legs buff etc tho. In meanwhile I've prepared more spawns at TBP near Tank/Cpt - they are waiting for review.

BTW. "rev. 5654 Azshara's Veil and Stormvine spawns in Vashj'ir" is the result of 3 hours of sniffing (every subzone was gathered twice - so it has doubled spawns) and still theres not that much of them, feel free to let us know after the update if it needs some tweaking still. 

• Like 1

Thanks to Atlantiss staff and devs for letting us have better experience on the server which we play. Dzieki!