So i think it would be really good if u put option to change xp rates at least for vanilla,tbc and wotlk zones if not all. I think that server would get more constant players with option to level faster and come to content they came here for. Beacues there are some ppl like me that leveled thru all that content 100 times and don't feel like doing is all over again with 1xp rate. Like it's ok to put xp rate 1 for cata zones, content we didn't go thru that many times.  Pls consider this cuze leveling to cata takes long time and most ppl just stop leveling without even seeing cata content.

• Like 6

Indeed. A x5 Cataclysm realm would be really great; or even x5-x7 EXP rates will greatly help ppl to level up

It's x1 server and should stay that way, but they could implement optional higher rates that could be turned on/off by command at any time. I played on such server and it was great feature. People who like exping "blizzlike" were happy, and ppl who just play for endgame content or had enough of exping were happy and nobody complained about server rates or left because of changes (which will happen if they change server rates for everyone without possibility of playing on x1 rates).

• Haha 1

They can always implant a option to choose for yourself if you wanna realy feel the blizz rates or just go 5x 

Leveling in Cataclysm is not bad at all. From my experience high rates attract impatient players, that is not something I would like.

Also blizzlike server

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

95% of the people play private servers for the end game content, a lot of people hate leveling. It will not attract impatient players, it will attract players who don't like leveling, which is not a bad thing. Giving the option to increase XP rate to x5 or x7 would be nice and it will most likely increase the population.

• Haha 1

Just trying to come up with a solution before this cata server also hits 0 players. think again

• Haha 1

Imo x5 or x7 would be great. I know a lot of guys who would come from other servers if leveling xp would be x5 or x7. For others who like x1 and RaF and weekly bonuses, you could just set command to have x1 xp if you want to. As Bolster said, most people play the game for the end game content...
And tbh, every blizzlike server dies, no matter of expansion... Atlantiss cant hit more than 1k players anymore, I've been following online player status for like 3 weeks.
If you dont believe that our server will be more populated if you implement XP rate optimization, check other servers with higher xp rate. For example there is mwow with 2k population just because of fast leveling, class/leveling/raid/dungeon scripts are really bad, they have 4.3.4 active since 2k13, havent scripted dragon soul since then,neither firelands,neither BoT.... and still double more populated than atlantiss..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Consider how many players that joins and leaves on those servers. You’d have close to zero investment in your character.

I’ve witnessed that on Gamer-District at least. 

Of course it will attract more people on average, as it gives easier access to the end game. The question is if you want to play with people who cannot get through a minor part of the game without a significany bonus to experience? Imagine how it they would react to a wipe in a dungeons, or a raid. 

Edit: It’s just my opinion given my experience. The increased rotation in playerbase that I have witnessed (who knows, maybe i have been unlucky).

also I’d rather not have a higher ratio of trash players here, Snip. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloise said:

The question is if you want to play with people who cannot get through a minor part of the game without a significany bonus to experience? Imagine how it they would react to a wipe in a dungeons, or a raid. 

I think they would react completely normal to a wipe in a dungeon or raid. Leveling and end-game content are two very different things.

If you play WoW for the first time leveling is fun. But for most people it's not their first character so they are getting tired of it. And also in this private server scene, a lot of people come from other (dying) servers and just want to get to 85 as quick as possible so they can enjoy end-game again (including me).

• Haha 1

Don't really care now when I have chars.

Yeah, I love questing, exploring and whatnot, but man, nowadays most of the playerbase and me as well; Play for either endgame PvP or PvE.
I cannot stress you how much I don't wanna level, If I didn't have SoR on this one acc I had I wouldn't bother coming back. And guess what? Because of that SoR I am again regular player. Anyone that knows me knows that I am loyal Raider, and with that said, I so wish to raid on other expacs but I am just discouraged the moment I hit few levels in.

Also to connect the story, back when I made Nefarious, I stored dozen of empty "SoR" accounts and gave them all to then current Nef members, cuz otherwise they wouldn't join, and guess what? They were all regular active players for few years.

So the point here is that I disagree with what Aloise said. Even if that is true, more player activity at max level certainly helps, either good or bad it still activity improvement.
Even if its like this; that from 10 new players, 8 are bad and only 2 are good you are on the win. In terms of PvE both casual and "hardcore" community is on the winning side.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bolster said:

I think they would react completely normal to a wipe in a dungeon or raid. Leveling and end-game content are two very different things.

If you play WoW for the first time leveling is fun. 

I hated leveling when I played WoW for the first time. I like leveling now. 

But whatever, we already have XP bonus almost every 2nd weekend, and there is a functioning RaF system. I honestly don’t see the need for 5-7x rates on top of that. Any ‘experienced’ player would know about RaF.

• Thanks 1

What is the reason to make such a realm. Every weekend we have x3 xp rates, there is the raf and also the 70-80% of the server quests are working and are doable which means that everybody that have some time can level up really fast.

• Thanks 1

Why does it bother you guys to have x5 or x7 rep server if they implement xp optimization, you can still choose x1 or x3 or x4... I dont have nothing against people who loves leveling, so if you love leveling and want to do it slowly, put experience which you want, if you dont love it turn max xp on.
I still cant see the bad side of this idea, what bad will happen if they implement this? Only thing which I can see is increased population.
Also when I say to my friends from other servers to come here, there are 2 reasons they dont wanna join and those are : x1 xp rate leveling and low PvP population. From my experience most of the PvP players hate leveling, they just want to go arenas on 85lvl or bgs... I personally log just for arenas, occasionally raid (once in a 3weeks mby) and rated bgs. I have 3 or 4 characters on 80-84 lvl and I dont want to waste time leveling when I can kill some whorde or other arena teams.

As I said, there is that server with 2k population and very bad scripts, imagine giving offer to those players to come to play on the server with excellent scripts (when I say it I mean much much better than there) on high leveling xp rate. I would experiment with it, atleast for some time to see.
PvP-wise, this server doesnt offer anything, low pvp population, must wait for peak hours for 2s, must wait for fridays for 3s, must wait sundays for rateds...
PvE-wise, server is offering a lot but you have to spend lot of time to level up. Higher xp rate=more population=bigger community= more raids=more satisfied players. But thast just my opinion... If anyone can explain if why is this bad idea, I'd like to learn, thx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 6:47 PM, Aloise said:

Leveling in Cataclysm is not bad at all. From my experience high rates attract impatient players, that is not something I would like.

Also blizzlike server

this server is not "blizzlike" if they enable cross faction bg

2 hours ago, Juicyjay said:

this server is not "blizzlike" if they enable cross faction bg

Also server aiming to be blizzlike*

They have indeed taken steps away from being blizzlike. I’m complaining about weekly.

And seriously? Buying generated characters for money? What a great way to ruin any reputation this server has.

Furthermore, @Qubzy have you seen the mongoloids running around on those high rate servers? It hurts when I say it, but from my experience people here are (waaaayyyyyy) more competent in PvE scenarios. 

More pugs != better pugs. It’s already hard enough to spot the trash now that everyone got DS nm gear.

(Only talking about PvE here.)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Juicyjay said:

keep rates the same but enable instant level 80 or 85s for premium points

Please dont do this, most of the server is already bad at the game, and RHCs/BG's are already a pain in the ass to grind. Also it would damage the reputation of the server.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Juicyjay said:

keep rates the same but enable instant level 80 or 85s for premium points

From someone who played on the abomination of a server named Neltharion, I've seen the damage that instant max lvl can cause, atleast to PvE. When I started here I was surprised over how good people were, the fact that people actually carried their own weight, compared to Neltharion where you couldn't trust someone with full HC achievement in a NM raid.

Now, when everyone and their mother are 395+, it's a whole different story. People gear up so TERRIBLY FAST, that they don't get to learn their class. I've noticed it especially the last two weeks, when a resto druid with 392 ilvl in my raid with full achievement did a whooping 14k hps on Zon'ozz. 

The point of why I mentioned this is that it is necessary to keep the leveling at the rate as it is now, so it won't become even worse than it is now. It gives players the opportunity to learn their class while they level and get to experience the abilities and what they do. Don't ruin that with increased rates. Also buying instant level with real money, are you fucking insane?

• Thanks 1

I strongly agree on such suggestion of giving the freedom to chose the rates from 1 to 80 ! I feel the server is not as active as before and need some ways to attract more new players !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Axelito said:

From someone who played on the abomination of a server named Neltharion, I've seen the damage that instant max lvl can cause, atleast to PvE. When I started here I was surprised over how good people were, the fact that people actually carried their own weight, compared to Neltharion where you couldn't trust someone with full HC achievement in a NM raid.

Now, when everyone and their mother are 395+, it's a whole different story. People gear up so TERRIBLY FAST, that they don't get to learn their class. I've noticed it especially the last two weeks, when a resto druid with 392 ilvl in my raid with full achievement did a whooping 14k hps on Zon'ozz. 

The point of why I mentioned this is that it is necessary to keep the leveling at the rate as it is now, so it won't become even worse than it is now. It gives players the opportunity to learn their class while they level and get to experience the abilities and what they do. Don't ruin that with increased rates. Also buying instant level with real money, are you fucking insane?

right but atlantiss community is not growing, its shrinking slowly. higher rate servers will always be more popular. x1 is fine but if the server is dead there will be no one to play with. I dont want to see Atlantiss to die like Nelth on warmane and stuff like this should be considered if we want to grow the community

1 minute ago, Aloise said:

Choose between (brain)dead players or dead server

every server has brain dead players thats unavoidable and you cant say every new player that comes to the community with an 80 boost will be toxic. I have guildies that would join this server if the rates were higher (and they are not braindead nor toxic like myself) but i think the last thing people want is a dead server no one can really enjoy the game at that point 

The problem I see is, that cata is an old game, most people who join are the ones, who played it on retail or came from other servers.

You most likely won't attract young players (14-18) anymore, because they play other "newer" games.
That's also why every cata server will die one day.

Increasing rates will allow people from other servers to join here and have fun, also it will attract other ppl from other private servers where nothing is properly scripted.

Also, @Aloise, idk why you bother new players / noobs so much. There is not even one 25m core group on the server, where you only have "elite" players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1