Matija5

XP rate optimization

I’m just against this turning into a funserver. 

What is it? 5-6 hours of playtime to hit cap with RaF and weekend bonus’? Clearly enough to deter players from joining

Never mentioned anything about my stance on new players.

12 minutes ago, Aloise said:

I’m just against this turning into a funserver. 

What is it? 5-6 hours of playtime to hit cap with RaF and weekend bonus’? Clearly enough to deter players from joining

Never mentioned anything about my stance on new players.

U gonna realise eventualy that crying about not beign blizzlike is the most retarded thing any guy could do its private and if you want more population on the server means adapting into some changes...

34 minutes ago, FeralGod said:

Server was fine with less than 400players, it will be fine with 800 xD

IT was best with 3k. And it was 3k when the transfers (in the other words instant level) were open for exodus players of molten and sunwell. Good Times 

58 minutes ago, Quodan said:

U gonna realise eventualy that crying about not beign blizzlike is the most retarded thing any guy could do its private and if you want more population on the server means adapting into some changes...

Crying about leveling for 6 hours

What is the next thing you guys will propose? Buying gear with premium points because it’s too tedious to gear up, and ‘experienced’ players don’t need to go through that phase either?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Aloise said:

Crying about leveling for 6 hours

What is the next thing you guys will propose? Buying gear with premium points because it’s too tedious to gear up, and ‘experienced’ players don’t need to go through that phase either?

No one even told anything about gearing the lvling process is retarded.They should just enable on account options to enable XP rates if any1 wants to "enjoy" blizz rate lvling to enable x1 if not to change to x more end of story I dont see why people are so stupid to actualy not see that the server population is > prio than actualy following blizz rates.Atlantiss needs to focus to make the server enjoyable for current and new people that are coming instead of tryharding blizzlike.Im not talking about putting custom items or anything like that but they should enable transfers from other servers and increase the XP rate for lvling.

Edit:People are tired of Leveling this is 2018 and many players already lvled many times to 85 even today couple of friends from Warmane that came here on Atlantiss told that its crap to Lvl and that its sad that there is not a option for transfer chars from other servers.

• Like 2

I agree with most people here and would say increasing rates is a good thing. Maybe with a bonus option for an instant level 85 boost for PP.

I wouldn't seperate that, since often students or younger players are lacking the money and this stops them from having the opportunity to get an instant 85 character.

But for those people who dont borther spending 10,- € to save themself 12 hours (+-) of leveling might be a good deal, not only for them also for Atlantiss since that money gathered there, can be used to increase the server, i.e. some better server marketing, core fixes, etc..

Coming back to the x1 rates, I am more or less streaming (gotta use every way to advertise, so twitch.tv/medalxz, there MIGHT be a giveaway soon so stay tuned! kappa ;D) daily PvP (Arena) on Atlantiss. (and some other server but, mainly Atlantiss) And I am getting asked atleast once a day which server I am playing at, usually I am linking those people the Atlantiss website and tell them 3-4 things about it, PvE content, rates, playerbase, bg queues etc. and usually the first thing I hear is:

Oh server rates times 1? Nah cba spending so much time leveling.

If I tell them about Raf and the option to just create 2 accounts and follow on first one (tbh I dont even know if that is allowed, would be glad If someone could tell me If thats against the rules?) they usually tell me, that this is too much effort and not worth it.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2018 at 4:45 PM, Quodan said:

They can always implant a option to choose for yourself if you wanna realy feel the blizz rates or just go 5x 

I think that would be the easiest option, there are always player, which enjoy leveling like on retail and who take their time to level and wanna do all quests and then head to the next area.

I was playing on another server from time to time which had increased rates (x4) and you had the option in each starting zone at the general vendor to buy a scroll to reduce the rates to x1. So for those players who wanna take their time for leveling and explorer each area this might be an option, while those player who just wanna reach max level asap to level up and gear up can pick the faster way.

At best I would accept increased rates, for ppl who have at least 1x85 on account. We really do not need random noobs, that never leveled normally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FeralGod said:

At best I would accept increased rates, for ppl who have at least 1x85 on account. We really do not need random noobs, that never leveled normally.

I don't get this argument tbh, would you mind explaining me this?

There are a lot really good players who would love to join Atlantiss, but they just cba leveling to level 85 over and over again.

Imo increased rates should be atractive for those people who already leveled chars on various private servers or for those who are coming frmo retail back to cataclysm since they dont enjoy the current expansion or what so ever.

Are you automatically a bad player cause you skip/do the leveling process faster?

Guys stop complicating this. I dont see why is bad idea to increase xp rate if everything else stays "blizzlike". Its not gonna ruin the game, actually it will raise population. If you think that people wont learn their class if they level up faster, you are wrong cause even if you are a newbie and you have no clue how to play the game, you cant learn rotation while leveling, you cant learn pvp while leveling,you cant learn end game tactics while leveling...everyone have to search for some guide on google/youtube in order to learn his/her class, even if you tell the guy priority of spells he will still be a noob and wont be moving when boss do some AoE blasts, so from my point of view and from my personal experience I'd say that newbies can learn game mechanics too. If some "mongols" from other server come here, they will probably die few times cuz they not moving out from AoE, but also they will learn after few times, so I dont think this gonna be a problem, this game isnt that hard to learn (PvE-wise). 

I still dont see any 'serious' problem with this idea.. The only arguments are like

• "You already have RaF and weekly bonuses, enough is enough."   - Yes, you do have all this and still population is going down, its still too boring to lvl up.
  •  "If we get faster leveling rates, only noobs will come."  -  Look at the beans one more time, tell me the future..
  •  "Server was fine with 400 players, it will be fine with 800 too"  - Absolutely bullshit. More people = more money for server which can be invested in Staff Team(?)
  • "its not blizzlike" - Ye, tell me some blizzlike private server which has more than 2k population and its alive for years...

I'd like to hear some quality arguments against this suggest :)
P.S Reminder that Im not insulting anyone in this post, just giving my personal opinion.

• Like 2

Option to choose xp rates would be very healthy for the server. The PvP community is dying. The staff realizes that and are actually trying to do something about it (kudos to you). What the PvE players don't realize is that PvP players don't like leveling, grinding, farming etc. They just want to play endgame PvP asap on equal or slightly lower standards than the rest. That's why "fun" PvP servers that were managed properly had a big active playerbase (we all know what happened later and yes im looking at you jewmane). 

Tbh when Juicyjay told me the guild is being remade I would never in my wildest dreams start playing on x1 if i didn't already have a max lvl char from a couple of years ago. Tbh even the gearing process is extremely boring to me but fuck it i guess its unavoidable. A lot of people from both our guild and server would join if the rates were higher. And to the PvE player that said only noobs will join i say this: higher rates equals more PvP players not noobs. And trust me PvP players are actually good at PvE its just a matter of the player being bad in general or not.

Anyway ill keep playing here no matter what you do until the PvP community dies completely.

• Like 3

Obviously you cannot read. I said in a PvE scenario. 

Not disagreeing with higher rates being able to help the PvP on the server (even though the gearing process is longer than leveling, so when will you start to complain about HP requirements for gear?). From a PvE perspective I would not like it. I want what is best for me. Fuck other people.

On a side note: I see very few full blooded PvP’ers able to execute a simple priority system. But that’s my experience, and there are always exceptions to that. I have seen one PvP’er come into a raid and do a good job.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Aloise said:

Not disagreeing with higher rates being able to help the PvP on the server (even though the gearing process is longer than leveling, so when will you start to complain about HP requirements for gear?). From a PvE perspective I would not like it. I want what is best for me. Fuck other people.

On a side note: I see very few full blooded PvP’ers able to execute a simple priority system. But that’s my experience, and there are always exceptions to that. I have seen one PvP’er come into a raid and do a good job.

Idk if I'm the one who can't read since you can answer all your questions in my post xd

Sorry to barge in to this post, but I'd like to give my 5 cents.........  no complaints? Here I go!

Whining about x1 server rates on Atlantiss to me seems like whining about not being able to buy computer components at the grocery store!

Will grocery store make more money by selling computers? Hell YEAH! But grocery store doesn't care! Grocery store is here to sell you healthy broccoli and unhealthy soy beans... because owners know what their goal in life is! Do you know why you entered wrong store? Are you telling the owner that he should change his business because more money is gained by selling different product? Food for thought...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vlx said:

Sorry to barge in to this post, but I'd like to give my 5 cents.........  no complaints? Here I go!

Whining about x1 server rates on Atlantiss to me seems like whining about not being able to buy computer components at the grocery store!

Will grocery store make more money by selling computers? Hell YEAH! But grocery store doesn't care! Grocery store is here to sell you healthy broccoli and unhealthy soy beans... because owners know what their goal in life is! Do you know why you entered wrong store? Are you telling the owner that he should change his business because more money is gained by selling different product? Food for thought...

Sadly we talk about the population of the server,even in the store you got the book of complaints/compliments so you can give your idea to the staff of the store hahaha 😄

2 minutes ago, Quodan said:

Sadly we talk about the population of the server,even in the store you got the book of complaints/compliments so you can give your idea to the staff of the store hahaha 😄

The key point is: you don't enter a pharmacy and tell them they should change business! You don't enter grocery store and tell them how to make more money! You enter those places to BUY GOODS (healthy or unhealthy it's your own decision).

You come to this server to play by the exp. rates that are predesignated by the staff. You don't go to the private server and then tell them how to do their business. You either like it or don't.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vlx said:

The key point is: you don't enter a pharmacy and tell them they should change business! You don't enter grocery store and tell them how to make more money! You enter those places to BUY GOODS (healthy or unhealthy it's your own decision).

You come to this server to play by the exp. rates that are predesignated by the staff. You don't go to the private server and then tell them how to do their business. You either like it or don't.

this is valid in normal life.

in atls case staff asks for help and asks community for ideas on how to improve population.

so in this case theres a big advertise in front of said store saying "come in, leave ur idea on how we can make more money, we are open for them".

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blinkmasterx said:

this is valid in normal life.

in atls case staff asks for help and asks community for ideas on how to improve population.

so in this case theres a big advertise in front of said store saying "come in, leave ur idea on how we can make more money, we are open for them".

^ this. And nobody's complaining they're just suggestions. 

@VlxYou compare grocery store and PC store, thats 2 different things, we are talking here about same game. Nothing changes in game (I mean on game mechanics, raid,dungeons,bgs,arenas). You just get faster to max lvl. Their business wont change and if you change grocery store to PC store its completely another store. Atlantiss isnt selling itself (the product) cause of x1 leveling rates, atlantiss is "selling" quality scripts and mechanics , and 90% of population is playing for endgame content, no1 actually plays just to level up and then make new char and level up new char and like that over and over...

On 6/18/2018 at 3:10 PM, Aloise said:

Overreacting next level... Stop complaining about things that are never mentioned, like who the fuck mentioned anything about gear? Stop predicting future plz,the more I read stuff what you here write, its more like "hey i leveled on x1 reputation more than 10 characters, if I did it, you must do it too..."
About noobs that "are" coming with bigger population, you have a option to choose whom will you invite to raid, you are not forced to invite new ppl to raid nor guild...

On 6/13/2018 at 10:55 PM, FeralGod said:

Server was fine with less than 400players, it will be fine with 800

tf? pvp on this server with currently 500-600 players is already dead, but its fine. does gms are doing something at all to get better population? 

• Sad 1