Not_Dkgodx

Crossfaction BG's

Crossfaction BG's  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see crossfaction BG's?

• Yes
    • No

Im almost 100% sure scripting crossfaction Bgs is easier and more efficent than spending lots of money on a bunch of GPUs for an event that didnt even increase population that much...

I guess those who voted on NO are pve players who are afraid that realizing mentioned idea will delay the release of rest DS parts. I would like to see crossfaction bg aswell but im worried that devs are busy with scripting DS.

PS: I voted on yes ofc x]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elann said:

I guess those who voted on NO are pve players who are afraid that realizing mentioned idea will delay the release of rest DS parts. I would like to see crossfaction bg aswell but im worried that devs are busy with scripting DS.

PS: I voted on yes ofc x]

Im a nice guy who always votes to help the PvE community when they have a poll and this is what I get :(

Well, I am not sure on this point, tell me If i am wrong please.

It wasnt possible to fight horde vs horde or Alliance vs Alliance in RATED BG's at the start of Rated bgs? They fixed it afterwards, right?

Well isnt it just the same script you have to apply on random bgs?

Just now, Narilrave said:

Enabling crossfaction is easy.

The real question was before as I asked.

Is it even doable ?If it is it should be taken in consideration.Cos alot of people would actualy want this feature.

Well, is it gonna be an option to do a try mode? Just test it for 1 or 2 Weeks and see how people will react to it let them vote afterwards if we should keep it, I am sure there will be more votes for it then against it.

I also wanna thank you for answering our questions, I really appreciate it. :)

• Like 1

Enabling crossfaction is easy thing to do the question if it should be done, like i said my opinion is that it shouldnt be, i encourage more people and staff members to give their opinions however i believe that we should find more effective solutions such as for example like quodan said assigning a pvp GM who will most of the time just focus on proper solutions to improve queue expirience for both bgs and arenas and plan some pvp events etc.

Just now, Narilrave said:

Enabling crossfaction is easy thing to do the question if it should be done, like i said my opinion is that it shouldnt be, i encourage more people and staff members to give their opinions however i believe that we should find more effective solutions such as for example like quodan said assigning a pvp GM who will most of the time just focus on proper solutions to improve queue expirience for both bgs and arenas and plan some pvp events etc.

Take in consideration also how to improve the future of the PVP aswell.Doing so will bring more population and interests and finding a GM for PVP is not a easy task since he has to feeeeeeel the PVP and to know Atlantiss PVP side from head to toe :12_slight_smile:

Just now, Quodan said:

Take in consideration also how to improve the future of the PVP aswell.Doing so will bring more population and interests and finding a GM for PVP is not a easy task since he has to feeeeeeel the PVP and to know Atlantiss PVP side from head to toe :12_slight_smile:

Do you think of any specific person? I am thinking of some fire mage somehow haha :D

WELL BACK TO TOPIC GUYS

1 minute ago, Narilrave said:

Yes, would appreciate any other staff members or even any other players to bring in their opinions. :)

Okay DKGODX forced me to write a statement about this CASE.  As one of (10-15?) PvP players of this sad server want to let u know that u KILLED PVP on ATL long time ago  (thats why Ranor is Deadly Gladiator x]).  Mabye this crossaction BG's would be an good idea? Its like last wish of dying man who is in state of agony for sooooooooooooooooo long xD.

• Haha 2

Just now, blinkmasterx said:

voted no, coz as Naril stated long time ago, pvp is alive :)

Wise words I see cannot.Naril long stated wrong :4_joy:

Hi guys,
Before you vote for no, I want to present you a system that Blizzard introduced during Warlords of Draenor for Ashran and then continued to use it for BGs too. This system is called Mercenary Mode and It allows players to queue for PvP as an opposite faction. There are some limitations that come with it and changes.

Changes, and important info about Mercenary Mode:

- If you are in a premade group all of you have to enter Mercenary Mode,
- Mercenary Mode is available only to the faction that experiences long queue time,
- Mercenary Mode swaps your character to a different race based on your class and race combination,
- If you have transmog unique to one faction it switches to another,
- Race changes doesn't work 1:1, for example: If you are a Orc, you wont be a Human,
- You are receiving reputation for YOUR faction not opposite,
- You can't get achievements of opposite faction when queuing in Mercenary Mode,

As I said above race change depends on your class and race combination. For example, if you are a Human Warrior you will be changed to Undead Warrior and vice-versa.
You can check full table here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jtIi9mHBFdfnvcT7sbl85gyv7i_SK7KiGzQPcwxVqhI/edit?usp=sharing

Just now, wytrych said:

Hi guys,
Before you vote for no, I want to present you a system that Blizzard introduced during Warlords of Draenor for Ashran and then continued to use it for BGs too. This system is called Mercenary Mode and It allows players to queue for PvP as an opposite faction. There are some limitations that come with it and changes.

Changes, and important info about Mercenary Mode:

- If you are in a premade group all of you have to enter Mercenary Mode,
- Mercenary Mode is available only to the faction that experiences long queue time,
- Mercenary Mode swaps your character to a different race based on your class and race combination,
- If you have transmog unique to one faction it switches to another,
- Race changes doesn't work 1:1, for example: If you are a Orc, you wont be a Human,
- You are receiving reputation for YOUR faction not opposite,
- You can't get achievements of opposite faction when queuing in Mercenary Mode,

As I said above race change depends on your class and race combination. For example, if you are a Human Warrior you will be changed to Undead Warrior and vice-versa.
You can check full table here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jtIi9mHBFdfnvcT7sbl85gyv7i_SK7KiGzQPcwxVqhI/edit?usp=sharing

Interesting, stopped playing at the start of wod so didn't knew about that system. Thank you for that post. :)

Imo sounds great even tho I would be forced to play trolll DK, feelsbadman.

I just dont know if it scripting vise will be harder than just enabling crossfaction bgs but it looks like a good option for those who are voting no.

Dear Atlantiss,

I would like to be honest for a second and tell you this:

Playing active on our beloved server since april 2017 and this random BG queue for us the PvP comunity is indeed a really big issue. [Waiting in queue for 20, 30, 40 (my personal record 1 hour and 20 minutes - not even joking - not even funny) is not even mentally healthy].

I can guarantee you that alot of PvP ppl left this server just for a simple fact that is LITERALLY IMPOSIBLE to play a damn random battleground. (Speaking only about BG siatuation here). I know it for a fact and i can see it every day on my friends, always complaining about same problem ---> the bg queue. (Kabash ---> fuck this queue i'm out ! )

I also feel the same thing, it seems that Atlantiss Staff care way more about Dragonslayers then PvP comunity and this is the real truth.

The current situation on Atlantiss with this BG queue is like this:

Queue for BG ---> go and eat, take your time

Queue for BG ---> go to the store, buy something [ you missed the bg? (that's really rare)] - no problem, queue again and go take a shower.  "Again, not even funny".

I really don't whana offend anyone but it looks like we are not playing on the same server or something and you just can't see the current situation and what is actually going on here atm and what a big issue this actually is.

Sooooooooo, all been sayd i have to agree with this propose, i mean honestly as long as this Crossfaction thing will bring me in action and not afk'ing in elwyn, i can't be more happy with it and i really don't see it as a bad thing.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Playson

• Like 3

image.png.7ea4dcdce50f7e83e0262457f52d52ae.png

-25.01.2018 @ 4pm

This is a screenshot I made right now, to get a BG pop right now, I need to wait for 10 Hordes to queue 3 times to get an invite.

If there would be crossfaction BG's, the option would be to just open up a 15v15 BG and let all those people play vs each other.

So I guess this queue will be around 40-60 mins, while with crossfaction it would be an instant pop.

Edit 1:

image.png.b712c7ac08e17b36187146566020d3ca.png

after 24:30 mins

Edit 2: Q popped after ~37 mins vs instant q

2 hours ago, Not_Dkgodx said:

Can those people who votes for no just show us their opinion so we can discuss about it?

Yes, I can. I don't like many ppl from alliance and i can not imagine how could i play with them in one team. I'm playing bgs on Horde side, because i want to play together with Horde community, not alliance.
It's not a surprise that Alliance is much better in PvP: more ppl with PvP (and some strong PvE pieces) gear,PvP guilds and ofc more skilled ppl. 
What Horde has? : ofc some great PvPers, but still: 0 PvP guilds, 0 premades, some brainless ppl...
Anyway, this is my opinion: if crossfaction will be here, i'll leave this server... Now, crossfaction lovers, feel free to blame me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lethís said:

Yes, I can. I don't like many ppl from alliance and i can not imagine how could i play with them in one team. I'm playing bgs on Horde side, because i want to play together with Horde community, not alliance.
It's not a surprise that Alliance is much better in PvP: more ppl with PvP (and some strong PvE pieces) gear,PvP guilds and ofc more skilled ppl. 
What Horde has? : ofc some great PvPers, but still: 0 PvP guilds, 0 premades, some brainless ppl...
Anyway, this is my opinion: if crossfaction will be here, i'll leave this server... Now, crossfaction lovers, feel free to blame me. 

First of all, thank you for your reply, finally someone that actually gives a reason for his "no" vote.

Well gotta admit thats a problem but there will always be players which you dont like and have to play with, for example I cant stand Kabash and Kaspii, but I am forced to play with them. (jk love you guys pls no gkick)

Well would it be an option for you if there would be bgs only faction wise?

aka Horde vs Alliance (as usal) + Horde vs Horde and Alliance vs Alliance?