Not_Dkgodx

Crossfaction BG's

Crossfaction BG's  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see crossfaction BG's?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

actually logged in after ages on atlantiss ydaya and tried to q a bg 40v3... after waiting around 40 mins I logged off again. Have you

considered taking crossfaction BG's into the game? It would increase the poprate of bgs by a lot. Ik not blizzlike but well retail has a way higher playerbase.

+ why are BGs forced at 10v10? why not 5v5 and let players join in, would help a lot with qs aswell.

Ty

• Like 6

Even though its not blizzlike it would be a great feature. Waiting in queue for 30 mins is just... Ugh.

Just think about it before you throw the blizzlike excuse on us. 

• Like 5

Edit: added a poll, just curious what the playerbase prefers.

Advantages:

-Increased pop rate for bgs

-Face player of own faction

Disadvantages:

-RP-factor (??)

-not blizzlike

• Like 1

Alizabal dropping Ruthless gear isnt blizzlike either :13_upside_down:

But anyway, no one from staff said anything yet so lets keep it nice ((:

• Like 1

So you tried to queue once (i dont know at what hour) and assumed that its always like that?

I've queued recently couple of times and had instant queues or had to wait up to 10 minutes, was couple AVS (that were also full btw [40vs40]) and had couple wsg's BFG's and ABS.

If you queue in the morning there's a good chance that it might take more time to get into queue, if you do that at normal hours it usually wont let you wait long.

Also welcome to private servers where queue isnt always instant.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Narilrave said:

So you tried to queue once (i dont know at what hour) and assumed that its always like that?

I've queued recently couple of times and had instant queues or had to wait up to 10 minutes, was couple AVS (that were also full btw [40vs40]) and had couple wsg's BFG's and ABS.

If you queue in the morning there's a good chance that it might take more time to get into queue, if you do that at normal hours it usually wont let you wait long.

Tried to que once ? 1.0 

No it was not just once (:

Just the other day, around 7pm ST maybe somewhat later which are peak hours, we queued 5 man premade and queue was 40 to 3 A-H, needless to say we did not get a pop for 30 minutes and were basically forced to log Horde alts to do 1 BG. Now if Crossfaction was enabled, those 43 people could fill 2 BGs

Welcome to private servers where you might not have instant ques, but devs can always be nice and add a good helpful feature that could fix that and apart from RP people (not even 1% pop) everyone would enjoy.  

P l e a s e p l e a s e think about this before throwing it away 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Narilrave said:

Thank you for your reply. Well wont agree you at that point, but I guess it differs, when I am trying to Queue at peak, it results in Qs around 30-40 mins, I can make some screenshots the next few days.

But to make a statement to your post, even If you get a q after only 10 mins, this still is no reason against crossfaction bgs, because the only thing it would do is reduce the q time from 10 mins to an instant Q. (if there are atleast 10 (20) people in Q, mixed horde and alliance - which is most of the time)

Crossfaction is not a solution in my opinion, if you want to reduce queue time then i believe you should find other suggestions to come up with, but i believe that the only way to properly improve queue expirience/reduce queue time is to increase population or perhaps encourage people who usually dont queue to bgs to start doing so.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Narilrave said:

Crossfaction is not a solution in my opinion, if you want to reduce queue time then i believe you should find other suggestions to come up with, but i believe that the only way to properly improve queue expirience/reduce queue time is to increase population or perhaps encourage people who usually dont queue to bgs to start doing so.

Well there will always be people who prefer Pve over Pvp and the other way around, cant force them.

When I started playing here, I went for horde with my arenamate, we level up to 85 and tried to get some gear to get ready for arena, we did like 5 bgs and stopped qing since we were only facing premades. So we only went for Tol Barad and played arena meanwhile, we lost a lot of games because we had a disadvantage in gear tho, in the end my arena mate got so frustrated he actually stopped playing because of it.

If there would be crossfaction BGs, there wouldnt be such an issue, some games we would have matched with people from allaince premade, some games we would be against them but overall games would be more even since it would have been decided randomly, which results in 50/50 :P

5 minutes ago, Narilrave said:

Crossfaction is not a solution in my opinion

Can you explain me, why you think its not an option? I have no idea about the capacity of Atlantiss Devs and the effort scripting a crossfaction bgs. I played on a small wotlk server before where they managed to do so and added rated bg titles for HK's (not saying there should be rated bg titles for hks :D) and it made bgs way more popular.

Also I wanna mention that "Its not Blizzlike" for me is the worst argument you can give, it is simple as that, we are not playing on retail servers, we have a completly different pop rate without battlegroups so there will always be longer qs.

again, no offense, its just my opinion, I hope we can get a normal discussion,

Greetings

Hated be strong (aka hatedbestrog :) )

• Like 1

Its not easy to encourage people to play PVP afterall the rewarding of PVP overall is not that amazing to drag people to play PVP (Arena based).Also crossfaction PVP would make more balance becouse I see alot of times in my ques on alliance 45+ alliance in que 8 Horde balacing it with crossfaction PVP ques would profit more bgs.Now the real question is:Is it possible to do it overall ?If yes it should be taken in consideration.

I voted yes since I would like to see this feature aswell and make bgs more active.

PS:You can't force other people to que bg if they don't want 2 <3

Edit:Also you could give some free faction changes to horde maybe so it balances the H/A For all :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Narilrave said:

What other solution is there? Am I supposed to run after other people ingame yell at them to que BGs so I could have lower queue? Thats just stupid. 

You dont thinks its a solution, fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but how many people think it IS a solution and will for sure help? Im one of them and I can say with confidence that people who believe in this solution outnumber the one who dont. 

Now, this isnt a democracy, Atlantiss is someones project and I understand that, but why wouldnt devs finally do something to help the PvP fellas? Its not Blizzlike but lets be honest, does anyone care? Did anyone care about Alizabal dropping Ruth instead of Cata for a brief period of time? Does anyone care that there is only 3 bosses in DS? No, and none of it is blizzlike. Come on. We are literally begging you. 

• Like 3

Just now, Kirraq said:

What other solution is there? Am I supposed to run after other people ingame yell at them to que BGs so I could have lower queue? Thats just stupid. 

You dont thinks its a solution, fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but how many people think it IS a solution and will for sure help? Im one of them and I can say with confidence that people who believe in this solution outnumber the one who dont. 

Now, this isnt a democracy, Atlantiss is someones project and I understand that, but why wouldnt devs finally do something to help the PvP fellas? Its not Blizzlike but lets be honest, does anyone care? Did anyone care about Alizabal dropping Ruth instead of Cata for a brief period of time? Does anyone care that there is only 3 bosses in DS? No, and none of it is blizzlike. Come on. We are literally begging you. 

In the end we are all a Family on this server and the Atlantiss Staff members should lissen to peoples ideas thats how it was back on 4.0.6a when I came to this server novadays alot changed...

• Like 2

So since I would appreciate a normal discussion, I think we already listed most of the reasons why we have the "yes" votes, but what about the "no" votes?

Can those people who votes for no just show us their opinion so we can discuss about it?

• Like 1

Just now, Not_Dkgodx said:

So since I would appreciate a normal discussion, I think we already listed most of the reasons why we have the "yes" votes, but what about the "no" votes?

Can those people who votes for no just show us their opinion so we can discuss about it?

Cos he will be confused what target to hit hahahahah :4_joy:

• Like 1

Just now, Aviann said:

The best solution is log on horde account, then que and when it pop just leave ;kappa; xd

Legit. 

Id love to hear from a developer too, no offense/disrespect to Narilrave, but hes a GM, Id love for a dev to tell/explain us how hard this might or might not be to implement. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aviann said:

The best solution is log on horde account, then que and when it pop just leave ;kappa; xd

Thats bannable as mutch as I know also If I could ask for a current solution is reduce the faction change to horde so people could go aswell to horde since horde is pretty dead on PVP side atm compared to Alliance that has over 45 people in ques .

• Like 1

Well Guys, there is noone that likes trolling more than me, but I really dont want this topic closed or smth.

I just want a real discussion can those who voted no please tell us why they think its a bad idea?

Ty in advance

• Like 2

Just now, Quodan said:

Thats bannable as mutch as I know also If I could ask for a current solution is reduce the faction change to horde so people could go aswell to horde since horde is pretty dead on PVP side atm compared to Alliance that has over 45 people in ques .

That's a better solution already, but then again like i said trying to make custom ideas such as crossfaction is being in denial and ignoring the main issue which is population, in order to have more healthy amount of queues you need higher population and therefor i believe making some changes such as crossfactions are not only unblizzlike but might be only a temporary solution .

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Narilrave said:

That's a better solution already, but then again like i said trying to make custom ideas such as crossfaction is being in denial and ignoring the main issue which is population, in order to have more healthy amount of queues you need higher population and therefor i believe making some changes such as crossfactions are not only unblizzlike but might be only a temporary solution .

Why would you say its a temporary soluation? Imo it could even be a usp, something that will grant new players. Well you keep telling us the main issue is population and I do agree with you, but we cant change that, be realistic Atlantiss wont randomly gain 10k new players or smth.

On the other side if there would be features like crossfaction bgs, fighting vs your friends (I for exmaple would love to kick Quodans, Kaspiis and woutis ass in a few bgs :D) could bring some new players.

Edit:

"unblizzlike" - Well just live with it, this server will never be blizzlike since this is not retail, a private server will never reach the amount of players we had back on retail with differnet realmpools. We had fucking 11.400.000 Players back in cataclysm, you cant compare that to a private server.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Narilrave said:

You need to understand Naril that if people dont like to go horde thats a issue already there.For the love of god we dont even have a PVP gm yet on the server,if we had a normal PVP GM maybe who knows the PVP situation on Atlantiss would off maybe changed but only if the GM understands the situation of the current PVP on whats going on and how to improve it.Afterall Atlantiss wants the server to grow to be more populated and played.Ignoring the calls and some facts about issues that are ingame and getting warnings and ignoring them wont improve the server overall.PVE players don't have to worrye about it since they will get their content eventualy.PVE was always 1 step forward than PVP im not saying that PVP doesn't get fixes or anything just overall PVE was always 1 step ahead and was always a bigger prio.

• Like 1

Just now, Not_Dkgodx said:

Why would you say its a temporary soluation? Imo it could even be a usp, something that will grant new players. Well you keep telling us the main issue is population and I do agree with you, but we cant change that, be realistic Atlantiss wont randomly gain 10k new players or smth.

On the other side if there would be features like crossfaction bgs, fighting vs your friends (I for exmaple would love to kick Quodans, Kaspiis and woutis ass in a few bgs :D) could bring some new players.

you guys just want to be with bloodyboo in the same team admit it :P

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1