Sign in to follow this  
Axelito

Arms Warrior cooldown usage

Hello fellow brutes!

In my complete and utter boredom, I decided to create this thread to get some of your opinions on warrior cooldown usage, especially regarding order, and trinket choices.

Currently, I have my warrior Axelitøø, which is 388 with an Apparatus Heroic, something which has given me some problems. Mainly it comes with how I use Deadly Calm and Recklessness. I currently have two choices in terms of how I decide to burst:

1: I either start with Deadly Calm and use my Apparatus with my first Recklessness.

Pros: Recklessness burst becomes a LOT better because I get to use more Heroic Strikes since I won't rage starve

Cons: I have to delay my second Deadly Calm in order to properly combine it with my Apparatus (12 seconds to be exact)

Cons: Might get waaaaay too much crit than needed, >100% on things with crit buffed from talents/glyphs. 

2: I use Recklessness at start, use Deadly Calm later. 

Pros: Deadly Calm and Apparatus lines up beautifully, and I get to benefit a lot more from the crit effect of it.

Cons: A lot less rage during the big cooldown, Recklessness. 

Cons: Not having 3x Slaughter during your best DPS cooldown.

The way I used to play this in 4.3 was to Deadly Calm first to stack Slaughter, then dump all of the rage in Recklessness. 

I got this idea for playing here. The way I used to do it fits me like the hand in the glove, and to be honest, I might wanna swap out Apparatus for a Heart of Rage. What's your folks' opinions on it, good or bad, and also, which burst style do you prefer to use and do you have any EJ threads etc proving that one is better than the other?

The second trinket would obviously be Vessel of Acceleration.

As you know I use second option but in the past i used to start with deadly calm + apparatus when i got 5 stacks of Titanic Power. Sometimes even as warrior it takes too long to get 5 stacks and your all procs expire when you are ready to pop the burst. I don't keep Recklessness for 20% execute phase anymore, I use it with my procs and heroism and it works the best for me. On the opener on Ragnaros Heroic i can even pull 55k without Time Warp.

I probably  asked Mordorianin the same question but I already forgot what he said xD. 

Well, Id suggest using Spells as a whole group If you have people like great feral in group, then theyd want it 25% ASAP so they can just berserk right after hero or SLIGHTLY overlap it (overlapping Hero+Berserk as haste 4 part feral youll run into wasting energy whch is a SIN) etc. I do try to get 3x Slaughter up before using Reck in Rag P1 tho but then again my warr goes as my emotions Not a big fan of it.

What I get from this is "Go Heart of Rage or quit with Warrior. A Rogue imbecile is what you are, and you don't deserve to crit above 50k. Take your filthy 6k Sinister Strikes (fully buffed) and piss right off."

Good advice, I'll try what you said Elann.

Apparatus connected with Deadly Calm is great combo so I dont think HoR would work better. If i had Heart of Rage I would test it by myself but cba, DS soon Kappa

Well, theoretically (untested for me) Apparatus NM > HoR hc >Apparatus HC. But I guess if your groups DPS ensures Hearts Proc at important moments on Rag P3... it would be a beast?

Well, I assume he did not know its casual friendly pickering between people who do the same in private chats all the time XD To an outsider some dialogs can look like actual insults.

Also, warriors gain 0 from intellect. Therefore thinking should not be a warrior thing. Just SMASH.

32 minutes ago, Elann said:

Warriors gain a lot from good transmog, @Axelito can confirm x]

The less armor you have equipped the more raw power you can put into your weapon smashes B)

3 minutes ago, TheSzary said:

The less armor you have equipped the more raw power you can put into your weapon smashes B)

WELL SAID