Sign in to follow this  
Slixer4

4.3.4 Raid modes

The Raid Finder Mode will not be included.

The first release will be Normal and Heroic, the Raid Finder difficulty is low priority.

IF u release Raid finder a few month after normals nad HC it will be pointless to do it, well maybe on some alts, coz why i want to do it on main when i for sure will be geared from normals and heroics 

PS.

I guees  bugged dungeon finder is also lower priority, anyway ur still doing a great job.

The problem with Raid Finder is every boss in Raid Finder deals 25% less DMG and has 25% less HP, also half of the spells have lower base DMG, some effects are removed to make fights even easier, sometimes even whole spells / phases are removed just to make a fight as tank and spank as possible. Adding Raid Finder would be a lot of work and I personally think it will kill the beauty of Dragon Soul and the beauty of PVE and progressing. It turns DS into just another 5 man dungeon you do it in 30 mins and you just finished raiding for this week.

• Thanks 1

After normal/HC raid finder will be useless .. And people wont do that anyway .. Your decision but i guess its better to chnage mind.. since what blizzard invented on game are blizzlike.

If they add raid finder later it will still get plenty of use from pvpers and alts of pvers.

On 16.10.2017 at 7:31 PM, kindkill said:

After normal/HC raid finder will be useless .. And people wont do that anyway .. Your decision but i guess its better to chnage mind.. since what blizzard invented on game are blizzlike.

If I remember correctly, last 4 DS Raid Finder bosses (maybe even all) were opened later than whole bosses on normal mode.

@DOWN
I know Szary, the point is which were earlier: normal or lfr. And thats why I respond to kindkill quote, because I can bet, FULL normal mode was earlier.

100 people and 100 different opinion. Someone like it someone dont. No idea but LFR best option to start so DEVS can focus more normal/hc mode and re-lease with less bugs.

On 16.10.2017 at 1:43 PM, Whodovoodo said:

IF u release Raid finder a few month after normals nad HC it will be pointless to do it, well maybe on some alts, coz why i want to do it on main when i for sure will be geared from normals and heroics 

PS.

I guees  bugged dungeon finder is also lower priority, anyway ur still doing a great job.

What's the point of having "content" where you just go into the raid and kill dummies? You can gear up on FL, you don't need DS LFR

But wait, ilvl of DS LFR is 384, while ilvl of FL NM is 378, so obviously DS LFR is more important since dummy raiders can raise their ilvl way easier & faster #alwayslookontheotherside #keepo

Well 2 issues about Raid Finder, as Jenova mentioned there is extra scripting and content isn't quality worthy as many players despised Raid Finder back in the retail saga(as i heard) 

Second is, the amount of players required for a single run is 25, and Atlantiss doesn't have that much population to get the runs going, (they might have to introduce cross-faction or technical changes which may include making raid-finder a flex-raid ie. 10 man) which either of them aren't blizzlike. I do completely agree with the administration with their decision.

IMO, raid finder will be used a lot to cap valor for alts and gear them. Not as prolifically as MOP, where one would run ToT, then SoO to cap all characters [CAP ALL THE CHARACTERS!!]. But still, it will be used.

Personally, not a fan at all. But I see its uses once DS is polished up a bit after release, and would not want it to come in before that. If it comes before nm and HC are polished, it would mess up progression difficulty, as well as split the attention of the dev team, which makes polishing slower.

Regarding the number of players required to run: we all know the population will increase as new players come for DS, even if some older players leave because of it. "The best Cata server" is the title given to atlantiss around the interwebs. The only reason people arent here is because 4.3 content isnt out yet, and they like their BIS DS HC characters on their current server, I suppose. But gear<experience for most... We will see more people. 

LFR is a terrible place, but a great tool. Hopefully with a 1x server, the terribleness is lessened. 

• Thanks 1

We don't have plans to release LFR, its pointless in my opinion, normal mode is very easy and LFR system requires many changes for which we don't have time.

Start working on LFR after the HC version. To have lfr will help a lot of ppls and can also be used for possible later expansions you might want to add

even if we would script lfr, nobody would queue for it, since it require 25 ppl. I havent seen too many 25 man pugs, sometimes its even hard to find ppl for rhc so you would have to wait x hours for lfr

43 minutes ago, Piklo19 said:

even if we would script lfr, nobody would queue for it, since it require 25 ppl. I havent seen too many 25 man pugs, sometimes its even hard to find ppl for rhc so you would have to wait x hours for lfr

Not seeing 25 man pugs has nothing to do with this. Once you see nightmares in 10 man pugs you'd never have a thought of making a 25 man one.
Also people do wait, even on retail it can take few hours on non lockout reset days, but yea people do.
And also another point is that, no matter what kind of crap it gives, it still gives crap with minimal effort so people will que, for Gear,Sets,Transmog Recolors etc.. You can see by looking at retail, no one wants LFR, but everyone goes and does on reset it in the end.
Also what will you do after DS? Fap or maybe MoP? If MoP, LFR is kinda essential part for MoP legendary quest chain and scripting it now will deffo come in hand later.

I also think raidfinder is not needed.

DS normal is already easy enough to be done with pugs.