Sign in to follow this  
Morthalls

Is warrior worth it?

Hi everybody,

I'm new on the server and I have few questions about the warrior at cata (4.3.4).
In fact, I loved the warrior gameplay during MOP, so my first question is:

-Is the 4.3.4 warrior gameplay is also amusing than the MOP warrior?

Then:

-Is it viable in BG and RBG?

-Is it a good dps for Instances HC and Raids?

For me, Protection is the most enjoyable and fun spec to play for both PvP and PvE...

For tanking in instances/raids you can make quite effective 1 button rotation macro, and then you can enjoy watching boss encounters and awesome scripts from up close, and make your primary focus on correct positioning and even who is doing what in your raid/party.

For BG, you bring solid CC and tanking which is needed for carrying flags or defending a base from being captured. Most of the time, you will be the last man standing, as enemy will focus nuking down everyone else around you, but if you survive even longer, you will quite often see new reinforcements arriving so you don't even get killed. This is awesome for honor farming as well :)

Pvp side, arms is still quite great and fun (gag order spec for the win) but not as easy as it is on MOP or Wotlk. I'm not so experienced on pve but I've seen few protection warriors and many players told me it's actually the worst tanking spec. Arms should be really good as dps, expecially when they will release the Dragon Soul raid. 

PvE: Arms has very good DPS, Fury has ok DPS, Prot requires items (proper trinkets) and is harder to play than other tanks + even if you master it, you won't get better results than other tanks ( at least on T12, T13 might change that :) )

The most important thing is - don't get discouraged by casters with legendaries. Melee classes will get to their level on DS, or at least the difference between the two won't be so big as on firelands. 

I love playing casual RHCs with my warrior (Arms). It's just so fun cleaving THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING THAT GETS UNDER YOUR BLADE. YOU JUST POUNCE AND WRECK 'EM PUNY MORTALS WITH YOUR FUCKING SAVAGERY BOUND INTO YOUR little sweet gnome soul :3. Yes, I like it. 10/10 would recommend the class.

3 hours ago, Ashrasmun said:

PvE:  Prot requires items (proper trinkets) and is harder to play than other tanks + even if you master it, you won't get better results than other tanks

"mastering" prot warrior means you know how to mash heroic strike

no matter how well you play

you can't pull defensives out of nowhere

• Like 1

PvP: Warr is great in Bgs, but kinda bad in arena. Prot is the best FC in rated BGs by far!

PvE: Arms is rly good, Fury is nerfed to the ground, Prot RLY bad...

Warrior amusing? HELL YES :D

Prot Warrior is Bae, don't listen to idiots claiming stuff. I have 3 tanks,IMO I find prot warr most enjoyable. 

IDK much about dps, not rly into it. But i've seen warriors do insane DMG.

Enjoyable and profitable are quite often different though. While I must agree with Cybercaptain that Prot Warr is enjoyable. Have to also admit the fact that it is currently the worst tank spec you can roll on Atlantiss.

Perhaps T13 will change it xd ? (Up until we see it, we can just assume, you know - private server special features will have an impact in comparison to blizz-like ness one way or another :p )

On 9/22/2017 at 7:49 AM, Cybercaptain said:

Prot Warrior is Bae, don't listen to idiots claiming stuff. I have 3 tanks,IMO I find prot warr most enjoyable. 

IDK much about dps, not rly into it. But i've seen warriors do insane DMG.

saviour pls

telling people not to listen to me on the topic of tanks  is just plain silly (:

4 hours ago, Kat said:

saviour pls

telling people not to listen to me on the topic of tanks  is just plain silly (:

You know that some people play the game for fun, he seemed a more casual player. I din't say that prot warr is the best tanking spec, i said it the most enjoyable. Secondly i dint tell "you" in general i meant everyone.

• Like 1

Kat, prot warrior has a very fun rotation, great and iconic abilities, and here is a vid of a warrior solotanking Rag 10HC: 

Death is not an option for Pro(tection) warriors.

i do not envy the poor fools that had to heal that

plus, nothing in a prot warrior's rotation matters as long as you hit heroic strike every 1.5-3s

everything does roughly the same amount of tickle damage, and none of it is essential to your survival

you could be AFK and be just as good of a tank as long as hunters/rogues MD/tricks you

Edited by Kat

Nothing in a druid's rotation matters other than threat. Use mangle for Infected Wounds and use Demoralizing Roar every 30s to take less damage. Same thing as your example.

Nothing in a paladin's rotation matters other than threat. Use abilities to get up Vindication and Judgements of the Just, and you will take less damage. Same thing as your example. Before you argue for HoPo, shield of the righteous is just for threat and WoG is for self healing, which isn't siginificant relative to a healer's healing through a fight.

Nothing in a warrior's rotation matters exept for threat, BUT it is entertaining to play, unlike the paladin, and unlike a druid MT (yes, OT can be more fun, but that is a cat who can go bear. Hybrid is majoritively DPS focused in all enchants and play-time in raids).

Deathknight, as i see you are a fan of by your profile picture, have a rudimentary version of active mitigation that was refined in MoP. I still hate the playstyle. 

Warriors can entertain some, and i see you are not a fan. Please dont disparage those of us who actually like it for the simple reason you do not.

Warriors are NOT bad tanks.

2 hours ago, Shokia said:

Is this vid from atlantiss?

most definitely not

the warrior would be getting torn in half otherwise, and there would be a fuckton of meteors with that dps

Just now, Shokia said:

On atlatniss they are. OFC this is most enjoyable tank spec in cata[[IMO, do not shoot]], but currently worst tankin spec on atlantiss

the reason they're terrible is the fact that tanks are also expected to do some dps here

...which prot warrior generally cannot

12 hours ago, Zodio said:

...Warriors are NOT bad tanks.

Zodio my man, internet rule #14...

If I were you, I would just leave it be, and use my energy (read: rage) elsewhere ;)

Edited by Vlx

If you're looking for a (subjectively ofcourse) fun to play class, go ahead and play your warrior. While it's not the most tryhard class it can definitely hold its own. I'm currently at 5/7hc on my mostly prot warr (cause that's how far my guild has progressed), so i can't judge how it does on raggy hc, but on the encounters I have done it provides a challenge but is definitely doable.

If you want to avoid being ridiculed, do NOT roll a warrior, especially prot :P

On 9/27/2017 at 3:44 PM, tomatosz said:

If you're looking for a (subjectively ofcourse) fun to play class, go ahead and play your warrior. While it's not the most tryhard class it can definitely hold its own. I'm currently at 5/7hc on my mostly prot warr (cause that's how far my guild has progressed), so i can't judge how it does on raggy hc, but on the encounters I have done it provides a challenge but is definitely doable.

If you want to avoid being ridiculed, do NOT roll a warrior, especially prot :P

Lel, people get triggered when they see my Gnome Protection Warrior :D

5 hours ago, Cybercaptain said:

People are pretty surprised to see my troll warrior too :p

8 hours ago, Cybercaptain said:

the existence of gnome warriors alone is an insult

• Like 1
  • Haha 1