Jump to content
Champk

Arena season rewards discussion.

Recommended Posts

As Jenova has said in many of his replies,  "you cannot take retail percentages and compare them to a private server ones".

You have less than 30 people actively queing RBGS weekly. 0.5% of 30 is 0.15. So what are you gonna do with that number?

I think the recent changes done to arena rewards are good and justified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, heroclassx said:

Yeah, I just took the 0,5% to show the difference between retail and Atlantiss, I completly agree with you to not give any titles via percentages.

 

As I already said, I think there should be 2-3 HotA/H per season, imo.

 


I agree with 3 HotA per season, but 10 HotA per season is just too much.
PS: Good that arena rewards got changed :1312_thumbsup_tone3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ranor said:

We are gratful for all the feedback. Together with team we decided to change the rules.

 

Team rules:

The arena team must have at least 20 games played during the entire season.
There must be at least one player in the team with at least 20% of the team's matches played AND he needs to apply to the condition of Personal Rating rule.

Player rules: 

You must have played in 20% or more of the total games for that team.
You must have a Personal Rating that is not more than 100 points lower than the Team Rating. (Your Personal Rating may be higher, however).
 

Players will receive their titles according to previous rules AND their team's position in each PvP Bracket:

2 vs 2

Rank 1: Gladiator
Ranks 2-4: Duelist
Ranks 5-7: Rival
Ranks 8-10: Challenger

3 vs 3

Rank 1: Ruthless Gladiator
Rank 2: Gladiator
Ranks 3-5: Duelist
Ranks 6-8: Rival
Ranks 9-10: Challenger

5 vs 5

Without rewards

Rated Battleground

Ranks 1-10: Hero of the Horde/Alliance

 

We hope that these new rules will help improve our PvP scene.

 

Best regards.

Thank you for understanding and listening to our pvp community. I'm really happy with these changes, however isn't top 10 Hero of the Horde/Alliance too much? Even though I don't do Rated Battlegrounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2017 at 11:39 AM, Champk said:

5s should not even be considered as a bracket anymore, since it has always been a troll bracket in retail. Do we really want some 360 ilvl horde pve players to run around with r1 titles that they obtained from playing 15 games vs their guild mates in 5s?

 

thats exactly how 3v3 is on this server.It is a joke of a bracket with the same 10 people queing into each other over and over and pretty much win trading.
3v3 should not give titles at all,it's a joke of a bracket on this server and everyone is just abusing it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, durk said:

thats exactly how 3v3 is on this server.It is a joke of a bracket with the same 10 people queing into each other over and over and pretty much win trading.
3v3 should not give titles at all,it's a joke of a bracket on this server and everyone is just abusing it.

who the fuck is this guy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.8.2017. at 3:06 PM, Kaspi said:


I agree with 3 HotA per season, but 10 HotA per season is just too much.
PS: Good that arena rewards got changed :1312_thumbsup_tone3:

I agree. 10 HoTA is just sily...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for listening and changing the arena rewards, but like most people here, i have to disagree with 10 HotA/H part, its just too many, HotA/H should be given to the first 2-3 MAX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2017 at 1:54 PM, Ranor said:

Rated Battleground

Ranks 1-10: Hero of the Horde/Alliance

 

In my opinion, I do not think it would be fair to give the same prize to rank 1 and rank 10.
I think it would be most likely to give a prize for the first 3.
For the first 3 because it is not so easy to get to that rank and rating besides it takes 20people and 30min+ for each battleground.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Parabøla said:

In my opinion, I do not think it would be fair to give the same prize to rank 1 and rank 10.
I think it would be most likely to give a prize for the first 3.
For the first 3 because it is not so easy to get to that rank and rating besides it takes 20people and 30min+ for each battleground.

I completly agree with the text above, but I want to add another thing.

The last 2 seasons we had the title for rated BGs being given to R1 only. If you add 10 titles now then 12 people will have it after 3 seasons of titles for rated BGs.
As people get rewarded titles from rated BGs at 1.1k rating and each + 100 rating they obtain another title. So far the highest rating achieved on this server since I play here was around 1800. That alone are + 7 titles just from playing.

Hero of the Alliance /Horde should stay special and not be given out to too many people. The top 3 on the scoreboard are fine for me, but 10 are definatly too many.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27. 8. 2017 at 1:54 PM, Ranor said:

We are gratful for all the feedback. Together with team we decided to change the rules.

 

Team rules:

The arena team must have at least 20 games played during the entire season.
There must be at least one player in the team with at least 20% of the team's matches played AND he needs to apply to the condition of Personal Rating rule.

Player rules: 

You must have played in 20% or more of the total games for that team.
You must have a Personal Rating that is not more than 100 points lower than the Team Rating. (Your Personal Rating may be higher, however).
 

Players will receive their titles according to previous rules AND their team's position in each PvP Bracket:

2 vs 2

Rank 1: Gladiator
Ranks 2-4: Duelist
Ranks 5-7: Rival
Ranks 8-10: Challenger

3 vs 3

Rank 1: Ruthless Gladiator
Rank 2: Gladiator
Ranks 3-5: Duelist
Ranks 6-8: Rival
Ranks 9-10: Challenger

5 vs 5

Without rewards

Rated Battleground

Ranks 1-10: Hero of the Horde/Alliance

 

We hope that these new rules will help improve our PvP scene.

 

Best regards.

Rated bg TOP10 is a HUUGE overkill. Either only for R1 or R1 - R3...

R1 - R5 would be overkill again, but i guess it could work like a compromise for the GMs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw season end announce i do not agree with 1-5 rated bg reward, previous seasons were only r1 and sudenly u kill it, r1-2 accepted even to r3 max but to r5 is too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hatedlol said:

Rather useless comment Blink, if everyone was thinking this there would not even be a 3 page discussion going on. 

doesnt change the fact that hes right 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad, that you got away from the top 10 players for Hero of the Alliance /Horde title in rated BGs.

Although I still think the top 5 players are too many, in my opinion there should be top 3 max, rather only r1 as it was the last two seassons.

Now you might question yourself, why.
Well, that's easy explained. You earn alot of titles from low rating (1100 rating ++, each 100 rating 1 title).
Therefore the Hero of the Alliance /Horde title should be unique or atleast blizzlike.

 

Quote

End a PvP season in the top 0.5% of the rated battleground ladder (requires 50 games won in the current season).

^Link: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6942/hero-of-the-alliance

 

If you give out 5x Hero of the alliance/horde then you also might give out Ruthless Gladiator to rank 1 to 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×