Axelito

Fire Mage Heating Up!

Hello! I have been searching for an addon for a long while now, I saw it on a fire mage in Cataclysm a while back, and it made me really interested. It's basically a smaller Hot Streak inside the bigger on, like this:

((   )

It works like this: Whenever you crit with an ability that can proc Hot Streak (Pyroblast, Fireball, Scorch, Fire Blast), you get Heating Up! (the smaller Hot Streak). If you then crit again, the smaller Hot Streak disappears and the big one activates, and then you can use an instant Pyroblast. If you crit, and then you use another Hot Streak-causing ability and it doesn't crit, the smaller Hot Streak disappears. Quite simple. Does anyone know what this addon is called, or does anyone have any Weakauras import for it?

Just now, 罪深い 思考 said:

the real fire mages don't need addons to track their crits. they feel it.

just like i feel if my lightning bolt is going to crit before even casting it.

800 IQ

Not like I need to see if I crit, it's more like a nice feeling to see the Heating Up! followed up by a Hot Streak

I dont think so there is other addon for "heating up" other than weakauras. I`m pretty sure you may have mistaken this with pandaria expansion where fire mage have that visualization for crits.

1 hour ago, Axelito said:

((   )

Just now, Sniprepgodx said:

It's not an addon.
That's smaller/inner Hot Streak aura was Heating Up buff from MoP.

Tho I'll try to work something in WA for you.

A friend on Atlantiss has it on his mage, although he does not remember from where it comes from, it works the exact same way as in MoP, except it only give you a texture, and obviously not a buff.

3 hours ago, Frostbreaker said:

I dont think so there is other addon for "heating up" other than weakauras. I`m pretty sure you may have mistaken this with pandaria expansion where fire mage have that visualization for crits.

Here you can clearly see how it works, sadly the person in the video doesn't seem to wanna share it, so I thought I'd ask here instead.

25 minutes ago, durk said:

There is a heating up addon that was made by someone on these forums.I cant seem to find the post now but here is a download link for it.
https://we.tl/vNvcyIsqHy

It worked! Much love to you! 

You can close the topic now, or remain it open if you want others to see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Axelito said:

It worked! Much love to you! 

You can close the topic now, or remain it open if you want others to see it.

Cheers!
u can also unlock/lock the frame so u can move it around if I remember correctly.
/heatingup unlock
/heatingup lock

5 minutes ago, durk said:

Cheers!
u can also unlock/lock the frame so u can move it around if I remember correctly.
/heatingup unlock
/heatingup lock

Yeah... but if I wanna make small inner ones, I'm supposed to be able to use /heatingup to be able to configue it, which doesn't seem to be the case. That's atleast what's stated in the lua file.

Hello Axelito!

Here's the addon with the modifications to suit your needs attached to this post.

If you'd like me to make any further tweaks, please feel free to message me here or on Loneryna on the Alliance side.

Here's a backup link for the next 30 days, in case the one above doesn't work: Click me!

12 hours ago, lone said:

Hello Axelito!

Here's the addon with the modifications to suit your needs attached to this post.

If you'd like me to make any further tweaks, please feel free to message me here or on Loneryna on the Alliance side.

Here's a backup link for the next 30 days, in case the one above doesn't work: Click me!

I'd like to try this one out,your link isnt in the post tho?

As some people decided to not share the configurement of this addon, I decided to take matter into my own hands and "code" it myself.

/heatingup unlock = to be able to move the anchor for them.

Make sure you write in "/heatingup cheeki" before, so that you can see the HeatingUp texture, so configuring becomes easier.

/heatingup lock = lock the anchor

/heatingup breeki = hide the HeatingUp texture

Download will be attached to this post. Remember to also go to Interface -> Combat and set Show Spell Alert Opacity to maximum, so they look a bit better together.

If you have any problems with the addon or the download link, feel free to whisper me here on forums or ingame. Names are Axelito, Embla and Axelie on Horde.

HeatingUp addon (23/08/2017)

if you wish it to be updated, it lasts 30 days. simply write to me on whatever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Axelito said:

As some people decided to not share the configurement of this addon, I decided to take matter into my own hands and "code" it myself.

Make sure you write in "/heatingup cheeki" before, so that you can see the HeatingUp texture, so configuring becomes easier.

Download will be attached to this post. Remember to also go to Interface -> Combat and set Show Spell Alert Opacity to maximum, so they look a bit better together.

If you have any problems with the addon or the download link, feel free to whisper me here on forums or ingame. Names are Axelito, Axelitwo and Axelie on Horde.

HeatingUp Download

Axelito, the new fire mage hero! /kneel

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Axelito said:

If you have any problems with the addon or the download link, feel free to whisper me here on forums or ingame. Names are Axelito, Axelitwo and Axelie on Horde.

HeatingUp Download

not sure why others don't want to share...
Yours is perfect! Much appreciated.Looks exactly like MoP heating up.
Thanks

Just now, durk said:

not sure why others don't want to share...
Yours is perfect! Much appreciated.Looks exactly like MoP heating up.
Thanks

Only negative aspect about this was that my guildies had to endure over 50 relogs in one hour. Happy you like it :D

• Like 1

On 26/06/2017 at 3:38 PM, Axelito said:

HeatingUp Download

AWESOME ! good job!!

Hey, does anyone happen to know if it'd be possible to make this addon work on WoTLK? It doesn't seem to work if I load it up on the older expansion. I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers

On 2017-08-13 at 4:17 PM, Angier said:

Hey, does anyone happen to know if it'd be possible to make this addon work on WoTLK? It doesn't seem to work if I load it up on the older expansion. I'd really appreciate any help.

Cheers

Not that I know of sadly. You can check the wotlk forums (Warmane, Gamer-District, etc), if it isn't there, then there probably isn't one.