Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pikemortnoy

Greetings! A quick question.

Recommended Posts

Hey there y'all.

I'm looking for some cataclysm fun time, and from my research it seems this is the place to get it from. 

The most fun I have ever had in WoW was during the release of Cata, especially running the heroic dungeons when they were still fresh. However, it all ended when Blizzard nerfed them to the ground.

So, my question is, are the heroics dungeons nerfed in here? and also, are they working as intended?

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepare to do some much Firelands that ragnaros will die of old age and upon seeing u never leave FL, will just leave it for you as inheritance.

Ontopic: idk if they're nerfed or not, but last i did them, instances were scripted decently or  above (some even very well) and bosses were fun to skip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Server is on patch 4.3.4 so yes, the instances are all nerfed, not to mention extremely buggy and full on skips that aren't blizzlike.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

I wonder if in the world of Pontos, there exists anything other than whining...

There also exists a dream where people actually give a fuck about server quality. 

Needless to say it's a very distant, almost utopian dream.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nerfed : well bosses that have ability to one shot still one shot. Tactics still essential, probably ppl forgot that they carry FL hc gear in dungons :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edge004 said:

Nerfed : well bosses that have ability to one shot still one shot. Tactics still essential, probably ppl forgot that they carry FL hc gear in dungons :D

Pretty sure OP was referring to pre-4.0.6 dungeons which were quite hard (and extremely fun) before they were all incredibly nerfed. Erudax raid boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31.05.2017 at 6:21 PM, ponpontos said:

There also exists a dream where people actually give a fuck about server quality. 

Needless to say it's a very distant, almost utopian dream.

You do realize, that writing many of the fixes are a matter of minutes? I mean the SQL ones. If you want to help the server, just post some SQLs from time to time instead of crying all over the forum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashrasmun said:

You do realize, that writing many of the fixes are a matter of minutes? I mean the SQL ones. If you want to help the server, just post some SQLs from time to time instead of crying all over the forum.

Crying or not crying they never take our pro opinions. Its like rl ( the Gods never refer to mortals).

And about help, We spent years in PTR testing stuff and reporting. And what we get in return as thx ofc deleted, ignored pro advised comments

Now someone will jump here and say we always take some considerations of others, example : 

- population plz dragon soul . Server : its time to release MOP :(

- population plz plz dragon soul. Server : its time for release TBC :(

- population plz plz plz dragon soul. Server : We are working on it :)

As conclusion : The population is always right . Many > Few

I'm just a guy that has a lot of friends on server and all we give here is our thoughts + we all care for server future !!

What is the most dangerous thing that is threatening BG and image : Ofc the raid icon not fixed yet that made a lot of healers switch from pvp to pve

Now a Dexter will enter and say : Its easy to write those thing rather than fixing. Answer : There is something called priority !!! 

@Ashrasmun we all have our ways to help. No need for every person that plays wow to learn C++ and other programming.  

We all understand that dev's are working around the clock, and we are all here cz Atlantiss is Top cata bliz server, But try to look to ppl demand, they too care for the server.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashrasmun said:

You do realize, that writing many of the fixes are a matter of minutes? I mean the SQL ones. If you want to help the server, just post some SQLs from time to time instead of crying all over the forum.

I'm an economist, not a fucking programmer lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2017 at 6:52 AM, ponpontos said:

I'm an economist, not a fucking programmer lol.

Just give it more time. They're still working on other things, but their main priority is releasing Dragon Soul and End Time content without it being a complete mess of bug issues and unscripted raids and dungeons.

Overall, this is a great server but unfortunately has a very small team, but they still work on things most of the time. Out of experience, the only dungeons and raids that ever completely bugged out and was impossible to finish was The Culling of Stratholme (Normal and Heroic: Malganis was not at the end of the dungeon even after talking to Arthas) and The Eye of Eternity. (Phase 3 I believe is where Malygos just disappears and never comes back)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

idk if it would've been better to open a new thread or just to res this halfdead one. but i wanted to add my two cents on this topic as i'm on this server for 3 weeks and just turned 85.

After doing some RDF i'm pretty disappointed from how this runs expired. no tank is really needed because mobs are doing 400-1000 dmg to a player with 50k-100k HP which is damn sad. the attitude of the players is just rushy. pretty much everything that is skipable will get skipped, even bosses who are fully working. people only go into the RDF to get their 140 JP. i was pretty shocked to see how unconcerned and resigned people skip bosses and whole dungeon paths just to spare some minutes to get the hell outta there as fast as possible. 5man dungeon don't mean anything to anyone anymore. its just a cheap place where no one wants to be but to get their damn JP. biggest shock was in the Halls of Origination. From the whole 7 bosses... only 2 were fought because they were not optional. from my many runs now i had only 2 runs who were actually nice.
1. was only with 4 people with low gear so it was more challenging to fight in there. the 2. was simiular.
when you are in with 4 other people with FL gear, what are u actually doing there as a healer? nothing, its ridiculous.

i remember the time before 4.0.6 on cata, when the dungeons were heavy as shit and were it meant something to complete them. (crowd control anyone?) but as i saw that blizz nerfed them i knew i wouldn't stick to this WoW any longer.

I fear that people on this server are pretty unpretentious when it comes to dungeons. i seek challenging dungeons and no brainafk rushing. idk how heroics look like but it would be no big difference. i understand that players who are here for many months got used to that and had enough of most of the dungeons but devaluing them would not be an option for me.
i dont want to offend anyone, its the patch (4.3.4) that drives players in those kinda gameplay. i started on this server because i rememberd my cata time as a good time. with awesome new zones (big minus that vanj'ir is not working...) dungeons who were not wotlk rush fests and good raids. speaking of: i raided only till Cho'gall. are there any BWD raids going on? never saw any searching in worldchat.

so far.

have a nice day

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nitoo said:

After doing some RDF i'm pretty disappointed from how this runs expired. no tank is really needed because mobs are doing 400-1000 dmg to a player with 50k-100k HP which is damn sad. the attitude of the players is just rushy.

Well, those mobs can't do more damage, because they would oneshot every tank stepping into Cataclysm content, and take into consideration that most of people who join them are around 230ilvl, which gives tanks around 30k hp. 

 

7 hours ago, Nitoo said:

Are there any BWD raids going on? never saw any searching in worldchat.

We're at the point of expansion, where first raid tier is totally obsolete. During T12, there were several Best in Slot items for Warriors, Death Knights and healers, but currently with 4.3 dungeons available, and first 3 bosses of Dragon Soul (including T13 vendors), if you want to do T11 you will probably have to find guild that does it on Heroic mode for achievements/titles/fun or just gather the group yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why are you indignant but as well you answered yourself why is this happening. I guess you're right about the dmg the mobs are actually doing, but that it's not players fault. As you said ppl are rushing because it's 4.3.4. A lot of ppl are here for long time and lost the enthusiasm for RDFs. They are mostly going to cap VP or JP. What's the issue being FL geared and running RDFs? Should they change the gear only to feel you are doing a great job as a healer? It is how it is and that's it. Yes, I agree RDFs doesn't dmg enough but I don't find that an issue. Raiding? Everyone is raiding FL/DS now. I don't know for sure how raiding is on horde, but I'm sure you will find weekly BoT/BwD on ally at least. Better join a guild that is raiding T11 to make sure you will raid what you would like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quro said:

I understand why are you indignant but as well you answered yourself why is this happening. I guess you're right about the dmg the mobs are actually doing, but that it's not players fault. As you said ppl are rushing because it's 4.3.4. A lot of ppl are here for long time and lost the enthusiasm for RDFs. They are mostly going to cap VP or JP. What's the issue being FL geared and running RDFs? Should they change the gear only to feel you are doing a great job as a healer? It is how it is and that's it. Yes, I agree RDFs doesn't dmg enough but I don't find that an issue. Raiding? Everyone is raiding FL/DS now. I don't know for sure how raiding is on horde, but I'm sure you will find weekly BoT/BwD on ally at least. Better join a guild that is raiding T11 to make sure you will raid what you would like. 

ofc they should not wear low gear, i jsut wondered why high gear players get into low dungeons in the first place and why there is nothing sucha bracket the regulate this. as i said. i had a view good runs where all players had a low ilvl. but you get pulled through by ilvl 378+ guys most of the time.

 

6 hours ago, TheSzary said:

Well, those mobs can't do more damage, because they would oneshot every tank stepping into Cataclysm content, and take into consideration that most of people who join them are around 230ilvl, which gives tanks around 30k hp.
 

every single tank i withnissed had at least 50k hp even with lower ilvl. i don't think mobs would oneshot tanks if they do ~2000-3000 dmg. the resolve of it would be that groups would need to CC.

 

 

i understand that this patch won't let my desires about dungeons happen and i need to deal with that. guess i have to play vanilla/tbc again to achieve hardcore dungeons ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nitoo said:

ofc they should not wear low gear, i jsut wondered why high gear players get into low dungeons in the first place and why there is nothing sucha bracket the regulate this. as i said. i had a view good runs where all players had a low ilvl. but you get pulled through by ilvl 378+ guys most of the time.

 

every single tank i withnissed had at least 50k hp even with lower ilvl. i don't think mobs would oneshot tanks if they do ~2000-3000 dmg. the resolve of it would be that groups would need to CC.

 

 

i understand that this patch won't let my desires about dungeons happen and i need to deal with that. guess i have to play vanilla/tbc again to achieve hardcore dungeons ;)

Sounds like you want to be challenged and to use cc, queue 3s :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hadralt said:

Sounds like you want to be challenged and to use cc, queue 3s :D

XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×