Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jenova

Developer Update #3

22 posts in this topic

Welcome to the third Developer Update.
I would like to apologize for not updating you for the last month and a half, but there was a lot going on. 

1. T12 Content

I spent around 2 weeks fixing many bugs on Firelands. Most of the fixes were to Majordomo, Ryolith, Ragnaros. Some minor tweeks were made to other bosses too. We had a closer look at players in Firelands and we caught many players exploiting and hacking in Firelands, thanks to this we found many exploits that allowed players  to even solo some bosses when done correctly, I think I fixed most / all of the them. We also plan to update the adds soon with some exploit fixes.

2. T13 Content

After T12 I started working with T13. Together with Bildo we are currently working on the three 5 man Heroics. Our current progress is:

• End of Time - 50%
    • Echo of Jaina - 85%
    • Echo of Baine - 85%
    • Echo of Sylvanas - 50%
  • Well of Eternity - No data
  • Hour of Twilight - 90%

3. New Forum

As many of you probably already noticed we rebuilt and reworked our Forum. We hope everyone likes the new look and all the new functions. We are still doing some minor tweaks that will make our live easier (Admins / GMs / Devs / Moderators). If you have any feedback / ideas about what the forum is still missing / lacking let us know.

4. PvP Log System

We improved our PvP Log System (Arenas and Wargames), we will now be able to better and easier catch teams that aren’t playing fair. With these changes we are now able to create say a table in arena team stats where you will be able to check all team battles (this isn’t done yet and we are not currently working on it, but we made sure the new PvP Log System will be compatible and has all the needed info).

5. Azshara Crater

For our 5th birthday we decided to open a portal that takes players to Azshara Crater (one of the blocked and unfinished zones in the game). There you can fight with some custom bosses and get some old / unique gear for transmogs. We plan to shortly add more bosses and expand the current PvE event. If players like the event we might think about doing this kind of event every year, with more content, more bosses, more fun. We’re sorry for any problems / bugs our custom bosses / quests have, we will try to make the event doable and fun, and let’s hope this idea expands over the next year.

6. PvP Tournament

The first Atlantiss PvP Tournament has begun! The tournament uses Wargames and the new PvP Log System. I hope everyone is having fun and that we will be able to do more tournaments like this.

7. Current Plans

We plan to spend some time working with the Azshara Crater Event and work farther with 4.3 Content. We hope to soon add something to the PTR and we will need your help to make sure everything is tested and works.

That is all for today’s update. If you have any questions please leave them below, I will try to answer them when I have some time. Thank you for your attention. Class dismissed! See you all in-game, Cheers!

8 people like this

1 hour ago, Jenova said:

• End of Time - 50%
    • Echo of Jaina - 85%
    • Echo of Baine - 85%
    • Echo of Sylvanas - 50%
  • Well of Eternity - No data
  • Hour of Twilight - 90%

Changelog: 

4.3 Content - End Of Time:

• Echo Of Jaina - 90%
  • Echo of Baine - 90%
  • Echo Of Sylvanas - 50%
  • Fixes to instance script

ZPJrgpG.gif

Actually the whole scripts are done with 1 known bug, but it's always safer to say 80-90% than say 100% and later players find a bug you didn't know about.

Make Atlantiss Great Again!

1 person likes this

Those are great news. Hope we can see Hour of Twilight dungeons soon I miss them.

1 hour ago, Jenova said:

4. PvP Log System

We improved our PvP Log System (Arenas and Wargames), we will now be able to better and easier catch teams that aren’t playing fair. With these changes we are now able to create say a table in arena team stats where you will be able to check all team battles (this isn’t done yet and we are not currently working on it, but we made sure the new PvP Log System will be compatible and has all the needed info).

Would it be possible to add an arena history with that new log system?
I'm just curious about it and would love to see it if possible.

Cheers

PS: great job on Cata, <3 atlantiss

Kaspi yes, we created it for two reasons:

1. Easier for us to check teams

2. Arena History on our main page for players

You will need to wait for it, but it is on our TODO list, all we need now is some free time (and this is quite problematic :P).

1 person likes this

Hint: alot of bans for wintrading incoming.

5 people like this

About T13 content, should we expect HoT dungeons' release before Dragon Soul?

If yes, i don't think that's the best thing to do, obtaining end tier gear through dungeons makes no sense and it would kill raiding. At that point you might just buff FL hc again which would be inconsistent considering you're gradually nerfing the custom buffs.

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work!!

Any info about next part Birthday Event ?? When u update ??

2 hours ago, Jenova said:

Kaspi yes, we created it for two reasons:

1. Easier for us to check teams

2. Arena History on our main page for players

You will need to wait for it, but it is on our TODO list, all we need now is some free time (and this is quite problematic :P).

Thanks for the reply.
I did not mean to demand it instantly, was just asking if its possible to combine that. Good to see that it will work out.

2 hours ago, Narilrave said:

Hint: alot of bans for wintrading incoming.

^That's great! :)

How about Ring of Valor arena will it be available ?

azncoolz we will be releasing first 5 man heroic dungeons and later DS.

The 5 man heroics drop gear that is weaker than the current FL gear, it's only a quick way to catch up, so getting gear from there won't make any difference for guilds that are already farming FL, it only lets new players gear up a little bit faster.

Ring of Valor arena and SoTa - I'm sorry but both of these have to wait. I spent many hours working on both of them, but it's not the zones themselve that are the problem it's our current transport system not supporting them properly. Doing a change to the transport system is very tricky, because one change can for example fix SoTa / RoV but it can break other transports around the world. Everything is connected and changing such a huge system requires many hours of testing, and every small change requires more testing and more testing and more testing, that's why it takes so long.

What about the new website, where the shop levels comes useful ?  or more transmogrification items. there's  like 12 pages of suggested transmog items.

Nice, you do a lot great job on Firelands but still we have bugs that sometimes wipe the raid.  Like On balerok duble ticking on shards ([EN][RAID][FIRELANDS] Baeleroc - Shards of Torment Double Ticking #9085) or on Lord , after update he working good (  two or three weeks was fine  )but now he still ignites volcano behind his back and sometimes  he start fight and going back ([EN] Lord Ryolith - Turning 180degrees) . Devs have any plans to repair this bugs on Fl in  near future ?? an my second qestion somebody  working on class bugs ?? some of them was from december and nobody  from staff  reply on bugtraker about them. And we have bugs witch Bloodlast / Heroism / Time warp ([EN][Bloodlust][Shaman] Bloodlust does not stack with 5% haste buff. #8961) and aura for haste +5% and +10%. Devs have any plans to reapair this problem or another team of devs should working on class bugs and don"t have time for that ? ?

For now we are planning to work only with 4.3 Content.

All 4.2 bugs that still exist need to wait, the same goes for class spells.

Every now and then there will be probably some fixes to spells / classes, but they aren't our priority currently.

About T13 content, should we expect HoT dungeons' release before Dragon Soul?

If yes, i don't think that's the best thing to do, obtaining end tier gear through dungeons makes no sense and it would kill raiding. At that point you might just buff FL hc again which would be inconsistent considering you're gradually nerfing the custom buffs.

Thanks for the update, keep up the good work!!

I dont agree. Why everyone should be obliged to raid to get gear? To create more elites?

On 7.04.2017 at 3:58 PM, Jenova said:

Every now and then there will be probably some fixes to spells / classes, but they aren't our priority currently.

If you won't fix Grounding Totem in short time, can you disable glyph at least? 

On 7.4.2017 at 3:58 PM, Jenova said:

I dont understand why you guys are not concentrate on fixing major class bugs before forcing

For my point, i just started playing here about 3 Weeks ago, and i am focusing on playing PvP because i am really enjoying it a lot more but there are so many Class bugs in PvP.

Lets just talk about DK because i am playing him:

- Death grip is sometimes just not working.

- Pet movement is completly ineffective

- If i use gnaw with my pet it will only use the spell if my pet is in range and will not walk to the enemy. (= Focus gnaw nearly impossible)

- AMS generating FAR to less Runic power while absorbing spells, on retail it was about 2 to 3 times the amount it is generating here.

- Dark Simulacrum not working on every spell it should. (for example Ring of Frost, et cetera)

- Gargoyle beeing fear-able from a Priest or a Warrior (it is an undead minion, why should it be able to get feared by anything else than fear undead from a Paladin

- Dark Simulacrum not copying spells that get "immuned" by AMS

This are just some i listed to show my point, there are a lot more.

What do I have to wait for? Thats exactly my point, they just said they are not working on class bugs before 4.3