jeaks

[Request] Protection Pawn Stat Weights

Does anyone have Pawn stat weights for protection warrior?

I read many prot warrior guides but none gave pawn strings, only giving stat priority. Well, Parry > Stamina ( just and example ) is simply saying that I should choose 1 Parry over 1 Stamina, but should I choose 1 Parry over 2 Stamina? How much stamina is worth for 1 Parry (again, those are just example stats) ?

How can I calculate my own?

My first reaction to this was "What the fuck is pawn stat weights"... Anyway in cataclysm as far as tank goes all you should worry about is something called CTC. Since you said you searched for guides and all that you should have seen what CTC means. There is a /script command which you can make in macro to show you whats your current CTC and what you aiming for as warrior is at least 102.4% which is kinda hard to get with current available gear. The warrior I have is around 378 i think ilvl and current CTC is 94.6%. 

If you didnt come across CTC what it means is combat table coverage (or also known as avoidance). This is the combination between your miss + dodge + parry + block (mastery). Getting that cap means you will never get hit by the full damage of the mele swing because it either gonna be missed dodged blocked or parried. These 4 the most important is mastery (block) so the calculations or decisions you have to do - have mastery = upg, donest have mastery = no good item. After that dodge and parry are kinda equal but it is generally better to have more parry. What i wrote is just basic stuff so for more detailed stuff you should find some tanks mains to ask. Good luck.

• Like 3

By the way, if you want to know how much CTC you have while you are ingame, you can create a macro out of a code written below. After each reforge you can see how your CTC changes.

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5))

• Like 1