Sign in to follow this  
SandMan

T12 waist slot (DPS)

Hello, fellow warriors.

As you might now, we don't really have any good belt options this tier. As far as waists slot goes we have 2 options:

Uncrushable Belt of Fury (Shannox HC)                                                Cinch of Flaming Ember (Vendor)

+240 Strength (+480 AP) + 80 (2x Bold Inferno Ruby, 160 AP)      +282 Strength (564 AP) + 80 (2x Bold Inferno Ruby, 160 AP)

+513 Stamina (+10054.8 HP)                                                         +454 Stamina (9343.3 HP)

+206 Mastery (1.15)                                                                       +133 Hit rating (1.11%)

+153 Expertise (-1.27% to be dodged/parried)                               +230 Crit rating (1.28%)

+136 Crit Rating (From reforging mastery, 0.76%)

What, in your opinion, is the best to use this tier, and also, why? I'm personally inclining towards the vendor belt but I've seen some warriors use Shannox belt.

Crit is your main stat, so try to have as much as possible. Exp forces you to reforge it to another stat, whereas exp by itself is totally useless on the most of bosses except Majordomo.

Mastery is pretty underwhelming for Arms Warriors. It's only a bit better than haste. While considering which belt to choose, you presumably get extra procs for your free Colossus Smash by picking Shannox's belt, but you lose attack power and ability to have more enrages from Mortal Strike.

For me, as an Arms Warrior player, such miniscule upgrade in mastery means nothing. You want to hit hard and crit as much as possible. At the end of the day, you do more DPS from having procs up while having Colossus Smash debuff applied on enemy than from having Colossus Smash up on enemy more frequently, but hitting for low amounts because of lack of procs.

The only moment when Mastery really shows its power, is during Bladestorm. I don't know if it's intended, but Mastery procs a lot during Bladestorm. I don't know if it's worth going for mastery just to increase the power of one skill that you won't cast on most bosses anyways.

If you really want some mastery, you can always prepot with Moonwell Chalice. Kappa (actually no, please don't do that, it doesn't work well for Arms)

Crit is your main stat, so try to have as much as possible. Exp forces you to reforge it to another stat, whereas exp by itself is totally useless on the most of bosses except Majordomo.

I thought that bosses could dodge even if you are DPSing them in the back.

Nice bullshit. Expertise cap is a thing you know.

Cinch of Flaming Ember

It's BiS for Arms, becouse Strength is your best stat as Warrior Arms then Crit, this waist has more Strength(+42) and it has quite good stack of Crit in main stat, also remeber to have Hit rating and Expertise Caps.

Strength>Hit rating, Expertise cap>Crit Chance>Mastery>Haste, as i mentioned in my Guide.

Uncrushable Belt of Fury(Normal and Heroic) ATM

it's BiS for Protection, becouse this item has more Mastery and quite good stack of Stamina, as Protection you need as many as you can Mastery(It gives you more % chance to Block and Crit Block), to reach your avoidance cap, you need it more than Dodge and Parry. You can reforge Expersite from it to Parry/Dodge, becouse as Protection warrior if you know what you are doing u don't really need Hit and Expertise cap. Only when DS HC will be released, u should consider getting these caps, becouse it's not easy to hold aggro at some bosses in DS HC(for example Morchok, Warlord Zon'ozz, Ultraxion).

becouse as Protection warrior if you know what you are doing u don't really need Hit and Expertise cap. Only when DS HC will be released, u should consider getting these caps, becouse it's not easy to hold aggro at some bosses in DS HC(for example Morchok, Warlord Zon'ozz, Ultraxion).

That's crap, as BiS T12 Protection Warrior you can and you should go for Expertise and Hit caps (tho only 4.2% hit is possible). You have more than enough HP to survive any "one shot" ability so going Stamina ain't worth that much. The only excuse for not going for Exp/Hit caps after getting CTC cap is if you want to get more avoidance (Dodge/Parry) and less Mastery.

And that's how Protection Warrior does sicks 46k DPS on Rag 25nm.

• Like 1

That's crap, as BiS T12 Protection Warrior you can and you should go for Expertise and Hit caps (tho only 4.2% hit is possible). You have more than enough HP to survive any "one shot" ability so going Stamina ain't worth that much. The only excuse for not going for Exp/Hit caps after getting CTC cap is if you want to get more avoidance (Dodge/Parry) and less Mastery.

And that's how Protection Warrior does sicks 46k DPS on Rag 25nm.

-"That's crap"

U saying it's crap but did you understand it or read this twice? 

-"as BiS T12 Protection Warrior you can and you should go for Expertise and Hit caps (tho only 4.2% hit is possible)."

As BiS T12 and no BiS U don't HAVE TO GO FOR HIT AND EXP CAPS, Coz if u do it PROPERLY u can easy hold aggro at T11-T12 RAIDS, and take less DAMAGE, coz u can Reforge this to Mastery, parry/dodge, Warrior is paper tank comparing to other to BDK, Druid bear ;). Remeber it's for current TIER

-You have more than enough HP to survive any "one shot" ability so going Stamina ain't worth that much

I didnt say stamina is worth to go for it, I've SAID it has quite nice stack of STAMINA and it has Base Mastery in it, what's wrong with that, all tho it's BiS Item, just wanted to prove that there is no better item for Prot Warrior ATM and it's FACT

-The only excuse for not going for Exp/Hit caps after getting CTC cap is if you want to get more avoidance (Dodge/Parry) and less Mastery.

U don't need Hit and Expertise cap before CTC Cap aswell and After, IF U KNOW HOW TO DO TREAT ;) At current content. You can reach AVO cap faster by reforging your hit and expertise to Mastery> Dodge/Parry, and you'll become unstoppable monster.(Agree with you after CTC you should get More Dodge and Parry less Mastery, so you should change your gems (for example+ 20 Dodge, +20Parry or +20 Dodge 30 Stamina depends on Socket bonus, but i won't explain it here.) and only a little bit reforge( should be not needed on this content only for T13)). :3

and Finnaly, ONLY AT T13(It's Dragon Soul m8), u can consider getting Hit/Expertise caps, Coz Warrior at T13 has very low aggro there, coz of Warrior(ARMS/FURY)/Paladins(RETRI), and other classes!(btw as BiS Prot t13 i prefer to even use Landslide over Windwalk, but i won't explain it here). It's very hard to hold aggro at Warlord Zon'ozz HC and some other bosses, as warrior  ;)) 

It's cool that you have your own opinion but u don't have to say stuff like "Your post is crap", don't worry be happy </3

Well what Lorelya suggested you is the best suggestion here. (Also helps and preventing take items you dont really need)

If you have doubt about Item just Simcraft it.

And see the stats you have now vs the stats you will have when you will wear the new Item.

If you lost more than you gained the Item not worth it.

Basically if no one want the item on MS, and you take as OS, and take the Item and put it in the Bank.

There another way to check if the Item is better by using ReforgeLite (But this you can do only if you have both Items on you)

You look at your correct stats, than wear your new item, go to Reforge NPC, Click "Calcualte" and look at your new stats. do not click "Reforge" if the stats are worse than what you had.

btw I think its clearly that for Warriors you lose -42 str & main stats. so 391 belt is not worthy.

-"That's crap"

U saying it's crap but did you understand it or read this twice? 

-"as BiS T12 Protection Warrior you can and you should go for Expertise and Hit caps (tho only 4.2% hit is possible)."

As BiS T12 and no BiS U don't HAVE TO GO FOR HIT AND EXP CAPS, Coz if u do it PROPERLY u can easy hold aggro at T11-T12 RAIDS, and take less DAMAGE, coz u can Reforge this to Mastery, parry/dodge, Warrior is paper tank comparing to other to BDK, Druid bear ;). Remeber it's for current TIER

-You have more than enough HP to survive any "one shot" ability so going Stamina ain't worth that much

I didnt say stamina is worth to go for it, I've SAID it has quite nice stack of STAMINA and it has Base Mastery in it, what's wrong with that, all tho it's BiS Item, just wanted to prove that there is no better item for Prot Warrior ATM and it's FACT

-The only excuse for not going for Exp/Hit caps after getting CTC cap is if you want to get more avoidance (Dodge/Parry) and less Mastery.

U don't need Hit and Expertise cap before CTC Cap aswell and After, IF U KNOW HOW TO DO TREAT ;) At current content. You can reach AVO cap faster by reforging your hit and expertise to Mastery> Dodge/Parry, and you'll become unstoppable monster.(Agree with you after CTC you should get More Dodge and Parry less Mastery, so you should change your gems (for example+ 20 Dodge, +20Parry or +20 Dodge 30 Stamina depends on Socket bonus, but i won't explain it here.) and only a little bit reforge( should be not needed on this content only for T13)). :3

and Finnaly, ONLY AT T13(It's Dragon Soul m8), u can consider getting Hit/Expertise caps, Coz Warrior at T13 has very low aggro there, coz of Warrior(ARMS/FURY)/Paladins(RETRI), and other classes!(btw as BiS Prot t13 i prefer to even use Landslide over Windwalk, but i won't explain it here). It's very hard to hold aggro at Warlord Zon'ozz HC and some other bosses, as warrior  ;)) 

It's cool that you have your own opinion but u don't have to say stuff like "Your post is crap", don't worry be happy </3

Have fun doing 10k dps as Protection Warrior. 

Well, we went off-topic, but whatever. I'll join the shitstorm anyway.

1. Hit and Expertise caps ARE usefull for warriors, especially on Rag. The more DPS in p3 and overall, the better. What I did after reaching the CTC cap is I kept stacking mastery to keep the cap while I reforged dodge and parry to threat stats.

2. I ditched any stamina on my gear. Instead of mastery/stam gems I opted for mastery/hit. At the moment I have 175k unbuffed, which is more than enough for any boss. More DPS = boss dies faster = less damage taken.

3. Less parry and dodge smooths out your damage intake. - Even though our overall damage taken will go up by a little bit, our damage intake will be consistent. This means our healers know we can take X amount of hits before we die which can increase their HPM (healing per mana) by using efficient heals, instead of fast casted, inefficient ones when we take a huge spike.

• Like 1