Sign in to follow this  
logenhankins

[Pve]Prot Warrior still viable?

35k dps with the 15% nerf? i dont think so.

The 15% DR buff doesn't affect Recount numbers so it's possible.

Just not for a blood DK.

IMO

DK>Druid>Warrior>Paladin.

But on DS I don't think Tank is real matter. the bosses mechanics at FL are dumb and make DK really great.

If u have skill u can tank with warrior or paladin. If u dont have skill listen to others and stay with dk or druid.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 3

Gotta love this posts.. Here comes the thing.. most of the people, would prefer that DK>DRUID Easier to tank instead Warrior. 

I found a cool vid about a guy few years ago tank 25MAN FL solo with warrior tank. 

Here's baleroc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzFl7-rijjM

I am not actively tanking with warrior at the moment, but I tanked some bosses (all T11hc + T12 6/7hc).

For me, warrior has fantastic AoE DPS and naturally deals with "passive tanking" better than any other class. By passive tanking I mean being able to sustain damage while doing nothing. If you add proper cooldown management to the mix, you might find this tank a bit ridiculous when it comes to physical damage mitigation. With T12hc gear, you are able to get past avoidance cap. For warriors it means, that for every mastery point you get way better chance of getting a critical block, which is a 60% damage reduction. If you don't bind Shield Block to every possible offensive skill like total noobs do (like me) and have a close look at your procs, you may try to do some fancy things to enhance your mitigation. With proper gear, you are able to get avoidance cap and have Thorungus' Finger and Porcelain Crab. If you pop Shield Block, whenever you don't have any of these two up, you give yourself a very good and relatively stable mitigation boost...

Oh wait, sorry, I got a drifted away a bit. They have the worst single target DPS out of all tanks and Firelands are mainly about magic damage mitigation and being able to heal yourself up or absorb stuff. On T12 warriors are the worst tanks, but rumors say they might shine on T13. At least it's not as bad as it was on T11. During T11 days on Atlantiss, it was common to joke about warrior tanks.

I don't care though. If you know what you are doing during encounters, you can do very well even with classes that are regarded as the worst in their role. Some time ago you could even solo tank Alysrazor HC because you got the debuff twice from having both hatchlings on yourself. That solved the problem of having low dps as warrior ;)

Saying that Prot Paladins are the worst is amusing to say at least. They are so unique with their arsenal that you can't even compare paladins to the rest.

• Like 1

You mean...as tank? Who cares what dps the tank does?

on heroic progression. where dps matters :D

on heroic progression. where dps matters :D

We've had this talk before. If you exclude Rag, where a tank's dps in tank gear won't be enough to make a difference anyway, tank dps just wont matter. When your DPS are pushing 35-40k or more, your dps is not significant in any way. Tank dps matters here, and only on Rag heroic, since it has huge nonblizzlike buffs. The only other instance would probably be Alys hc, but any tank can kill those birds without much trouble. 

In general, though, the tank's job is to take as little damage as possible, dps is secondary, and almost always irelevant. The big reason people try to improve it is out of vanity, often compromising defences to gain more offence. You don't die, you fap to your dps meters and you're happy, and your healers pay the price by having to heal twice as hard while spending much more mana. Excluding Rag, if you are pushing enrage, its the DPS's fault and they are the ones who should improve. 

We've had this talk before. If you exclude Rag, where a tank's dps in tank gear won't be enough to make a difference anyway, tank dps just wont matter. When your DPS are pushing 35-40k or more, your dps is not significant in any way. Tank dps matters here, and only on Rag heroic, since it has huge nonblizzlike buffs. The only other instance would probably be Alys hc, but any tank can kill those birds without much trouble. 

In general, though, the tank's job is to take as little damage as possible, dps is secondary, and almost always irelevant. The big reason people try to improve it is out of vanity, often compromising defences to gain more offence. You don't die, you fap to your dps meters and you're happy, and your healers pay the price by having to heal twice as hard while spending much more mana. Excluding Rag, if you are pushing enrage, its the DPS's fault and they are the ones who should improve. 

Well we are talking about this server not in general.

On this server yes war is the weakest of the tanks but if played correctly it isn't a problem to clear up until 6/7.

As other people said prot war may not be the favorite class of the raid leader/ healers so better get a dps spec aswell in which they are really good at the moment if interested in endgame raiding else prot war can easily tank normal fl.