Sign in to follow this  
ryoukeen

Titan's Grip vs Single-Minded Fury

Where do I start now...

So since I came back to WoW after a long break and my WoW development finished at WOTLK I've got a strategic question. Is SMF worth the toil?

I mean apart form dmg burst Titan's Grip makes you look epic, who wouldn't want to be a badass wielding 2 big ass weapons weapons and devastate enemies in the name of Jarilo ekhm ekmh ok straight to the point.

Is basic attack damage increase calculated from the base value (100%) or from fury spec total value (140%).

Is off-hand weapon damage increased by additional 20% of total value or is it the same calculation as with fury spec talent that calculates 25% from 50% base (which gives real increase of 12.5% in damage output).

Slam strikes come form both main hand and off-hand as separate or is it combined into 1 attack (will it proc off hand weapon effects)?

Another thing is pure stat comparison, as 2-handed weapons provide greater increase to stats and attack power affect 2handed weapons more than 1handed counterparts (attack power increases DPS which means slower weapons get more benefit from it = skills are calculated of higher base value)

So... is SMF worth that talent point, or should I shun away from it and bathe in blood of my enemies in a whirling dance of oversized steel in both hands ; D

Because Blizzard decided to stop wotlk warrior rutine. Fury got nerfed and Arms went into higher lvl of dps. If u want to play "just for fun" - sure play fury, as u played it on wotlk; but if u want to actually progress some end content - forget about fury unless u want to close the raid dps table.

Anyway imo its a great choose, cause fury rotation was easy as fuck on wotlk, and its easy as fuck on cata. Now if u want to do something - u have to do more complicated playstyle than this.

Wow arms is actualy hard to play rofl xD leave this guys beside and lissen to me if you feel comfortable to play as fury play fury its still viable for pve and does some good amount of dmg true that arms is atm better but still in my perspective arms isnt that brain required for dps at least not in pve fury in my opinion is a bit more different and more fun.Still is all up 2 you what to pick enjoy the game m8 :D

Sure, it's viable, but with the release of FL HC in a buffed state, no one is going to bring a fury warrior over arms.

Fury is as good as arms is the problem here is that fury mastery was bugged a while ago (not sure if its fixed now) so people thought fury is shit because 1st they didnt know how to play it and 2nd they didnt know about bugged (probably not even working) mastery. And can i please ask everyone who is saying "fury is shity dont play it" to remind you that those differences which you see online are pure for hardcore progression / full hc geared classes with good performance and for them "shit dps" means 3-4k lower than the top class but every single person outside of dedicated raiding thinks that shit class means not playable... Please stop the hate on fury its nice spec with nice dps and ofc arms it is better but that doesnt mean fury is useless... Ohh as far as question goes - im not that familiar with differences between those two all i know is that stat priority is different between them and both builds are close to each other dps wise but havent tested much (at all tbh :D)

• Like 1

Arms is definetly better than fury, fury isnt unviable tho tbh. If your group is min maxing that hard for this content, look for another >better< group.

I just wanted the answer which Talent is more viable xD cuz SMF looks good on paper but... ; d

I'm that kind of person that don't give a fuck bout moaners so I dont care if it's shit or not as it's me playing it not them, I just wanna hear from somebody how SMF stands against TG

If you got weapons of equal iLvl titan's grip will give better dps. However if you got higher ilvl one-handers SMF will be better until you get your hands on better 2handers