Apollyon

ElvUI Backported Version

So I did a search through all the files in my AddOns folder and ElvUI is the only addon that modifies ExtraActionButton1. Even Bartender and OmniCC don't even touch it.

I tried disabling every other addon except for ElvUI, and it still throws the error when combat ends. I tried clearing my Cache, but that didn't fix it, so I might try clearing out my WTF folder and seeing if that helps. When you say re-install ElvUI, you just mean do the first time config that it requests you to do, right?

On a side note, for anyone who also want to move the capture bar, when you make changes to the file, you can't just do a reload to see it updated properly. It will throw an error and display the default Blizzard UI capture bar, albeit in the location you are moving it to (it may error if you are sitting in a capture point, just move out of the area and back in and it should move to the position you set in the code). All you need to do is to move it to wherever you like, and then you have to completely restart your game and it won't throw the error anymore.

*Edit* I tried doing a fresh install of ElvUI after deleting the WTF folder, and it is still throwing the error, then I tried resetting ElvUI again and it went away and then I was working on putting the settings back to what I liked and it came back. So right now I am trying to figure out what exactly is causing the issue. So far I know it is something to do with either ExtraActionBars and/or something in the General section of the General settings, as those are the only things I changed before it started appearing again.

It not a real error but a taint. You should disalbe "Log Taints" in the general panel.

Boss Button is hidden by default and everytime you go out of combat ElvUi is trying to hide it and while being a secure frame it taints. Nothing i can do about it.

I can only guess that you downloaded the 3.3.5 one...

oh.. you're right xD thanks!

Are Debuffs in the party unit frame working? The unit frame for the person in the party changes color when they have a debuff, but I can't get the debuff to actually show on the party unit frame. Buffs show, but not debuffs.

Also in the party unit frame is Heal Prediction working? I have it checked, but I see no difference between having it on or off.

Just working on switching over my group unit frames from Grid2 to ElvUI as I like the look and feel a little better, but finding some issues. If I am missing some other settings that need to be done, let me know.

Oh, and is there a way in the settings to get the non-used actionbar button backgrounds to be transparent, or do I have to modify that in the code?

P.S. If anyone needs to modify the Raid Control location because they also like using something like Titan Panel top bar, I couldn't find anything in the settings to change it, so I changed it in the files. The location in the files is ElvUI\modules\misc\RaidUtility.lua line 89. self:CreateUtilButton("ShowButton", E.UIParent, "UIMenuButtonStretchTemplate, SecureHandlerClickTemplate", 136, 18, "TOP", E.UIParent, "TOP", -400, 2, RAID_CONTROL, nil) is the default line, change the -400 and 2 to be whatever x and y coordinates you want. I like the placement of -850, -24.

VuzCxLQ.jpg

Party, Raid, and Raid40 frames heal Prediction works.

There are tons of options in the unitframes section, the debuff options are there too, just like the retail version you have to set them up

You can just right click and drag the raid control button..

Transparent Actionbars https://codeload.github.com/Apollyonn/ElvUI_TransparentActionBars-4.3.4/zip/master

For heal prediction, are there any other settings that need to be checked to get it to work other than the one checkbox in the party frames? Cuz as I said, it doesnt show anything when it is checked to show heal predictions.

I set up debuffs for party frames just like I set up buffs. I even tried to uncheck all the options that might hide certain debuffs and it still wouldn't show them for me. When I get home later I will post a screenshot of my settings.

And thanks for the transparent actionbars. I will check it out when I get home later. Thanks for all the help!

Yeah, that would be it. I downloaded ElvUI from your github on Saturday.

Heal prediction now works, is there any option in the settings to make it color by class color, or do I need to create that option in the code? If there isn't an option for that currently, I can maybe work on adding that as an option. While it isn't exactly what I wanted, using a low alpha white/gray/black works pretty well. With the way it is coded, it looks like it might take a lot of work to get heal prediction by color class because if all the frames are being pulled at the same time then all their colors are going to be the same, so idk.

I know you just said I had to set up debuffs for party unit frames, but currently all it does is change my party frame from my class color to a debuffed color and it doesn't add any debuff information on the side. Right next to the frame is my Grid2 party frame showing I have a poison debuff.

p6CA2bg.png

Here are my settings. Before going into setting it up to do anything specific, I just wanted to ensure that it would show debuffs, but as shown above, nothing appears.

KzduzIi.png

It seems counter intuitive to have to block blacklisted auras to get it to show, but it worked. I assume something is bugged in there, and that makes it work?

One thing I did find was Block Non-Dispellable Auras doesn't seem to work properly. It throws an error saying:

Message: ...e\AddOns\ElvUI\modules\unitframes\elements\auras.lua line 448:
attempt to call method 'IsDispellableByMe' (a nil value)

The issue seems to be that the function IsDispellableByMe is never defined. I am not sure if that works in Bunny67's version as I don't have a wrath install set up, but I looked in the code for that version and it also doesn't have IsDispellableByMe set up in the ElvUI\core\core.lua file. I looked on the actual more current releases of ElvUI and it has that function defined in there. Let me see about implementing it in mine and I can see about getting the code updated.

I have found another issue, the Micro Bar seems to disappear randomly, and stay gone. I will bring more info once I can figure out how to reproduce it more reliably.

*Edit* So far I have gotten the button and function working properly except for dispellable magic for classes that get the ability to dispel magic by talent points. I am going to keep working on it to see if I can easily get that set up properly.

*Edit 2* I got it all working properly, please see the changes below in ElvUI\Core\Core.lua file that need to happen to get the Block Non-Dispellable Auras option working:
[spoiler]
Change Line 17 from
local GetSpecialization, GetActiveSpecGroup = GetSpecialization, GetActiveSpecGroup;

into

local GetSpecialization, GetActiveSpecGroup, GetPrimaryTalentTree, GetActiveTalentGroup = GetSpecialization, GetActiveSpecGroup, GetPrimaryTalentTree, GetActiveTalentGroup;
(you can actually get rid of GetSpecialization and GetActiveSpecGroup as they are MoP+ functions that replaced the GetPrimaryTalentTree and GetActiveTalentGroup)

Add the following to line 67:

E.DispelClasses = {
	['PRIEST'] = {
		['Magic'] = true,
		['Disease'] = true
	},
	['SHAMAN'] = {
		['Magic'] = false,
		['Curse'] = true
	},
	['PALADIN'] = {
		['Poison'] = true,
		['Magic'] = false,
		['Disease'] = true
	},
	['MAGE'] = {
		['Curse'] = true
	},
	['DRUID'] = {
		['Magic'] = false,
		['Curse'] = true,
		['Poison'] = true
	},
}

E.HealingClasses = {
	PALADIN = 1,
	SHAMAN = 3,
	DRUID = 3,
	PRIEST = {1, 2}
}

Need to add the following to the end of the CheckRole function (I added it around what is now line 335 after adding the previous insert)

if self.HealingClasses[self.myclass] ~= nil and self.myclass ~= 'PRIEST' then
		if self:CheckTalentTree(self.HealingClasses[self.myclass]) then
			self.DispelClasses[self.myclass].Magic = true;
		else
			self.DispelClasses[self.myclass].Magic = false;
		end
	end

Need to add the following to the base file, I just put it in the file around 573 (after adding the previous code) because it was close to where it is in the current Legion ElvUI core.lua file, but you can place it anywhere where it is not inside another functionfunction 

E:CheckTalentTree(tree)
	local activeGroup = GetActiveTalentGroup(false,false)
	if type(tree) == 'number' then
		if activeGroup and GetPrimaryTalentTree(activeGroup-1) then
			return tree == GetPrimaryTalentTree(activeGroup-1)
		end
	elseif type(tree) == 'table' then
		local activeGroup = GetActiveTalentGroup(false,false)
		for _, index in pairs(tree) do
			if activeGroup and GetPrimaryTalentTree(activeGroup-1) then
				return index == GetPrimaryTalentTree(activeGroup-1)
			end
		end
	end
end

function E:IsDispellableByMe(debuffType)
	if not self.DispelClasses[self.myclass] then return; end
	if self.DispelClasses[self.myclass][debuffType] then
		return true;
	end
end
[/spoiler]

*Edit 3* Unfortunately I tested it some more, and while it won't ever show you auras you can't dispel, it seems to decide to randomly not show debuffs you are able to dispel. Even for the same spell sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't. I will need to investigate the code further, but probably won't do it until tomorrow.

When you have Allow whitelist auras as the only filter enabled it will block everything else that is not in the whitelist filter, so either you have to select block blacklist auras too or untick everything or make your own filters in the filter sections...those filters are the default ones from the latest cataclysm elvui 3.9.

Ye that aura fuction was missing and i completely forgot about it, i have tested it in 2 characters (shaman/priest) and it seems to be working fine, needs to be tested on all characters tho.

Check the latest update, there was also a problem with the debuff highlights, it should be working fine now.

Edited by Apollyon

I read the changes in the repository and nice job. I will test them out when I get home in the afternoon.

I forgot about possibly needing to do changes in oUF_DebuffHighlight. Did you pull those changes from the current ElvUI?

I am not fully sure how removing debuffs works in MoP+, do healing classes automatically get improved remove debuffs spells when they choose a healing spec? I know the talent point system is considerably condensed. If so, do the CheckForKnownTalent and CheckSpec functions also need to replace the functions you just added in the core?

Also, sorry for posting so much. I just like working on addons, it's fun.

Half of the script is taken from version 9.23 and the other half from 3.9. I honestly don't have a clue about how things work with mop+ stuff never cared. Back in retail when mop came live i only did pet battles, i didn't even care to lvlup my toons.

From everything I am reading online, it seems healing specs in mop+ (or maybe just legion) just automatically get the ability to remove magic on their dispel mechanics. So from that I would say that CheckForKnownTalent and CheckSpec functions do need to replace the functions in the core used for just checking current talent spec.

But it works fine the way it is now.

Here a screenshot without the talent on a druid.

[spoiler]8iH11mT.jpg[/spoiler]

And here after taking the talent.

[spoiler]HEEmRPe.jpg[/spoiler]

Priest poison dispel with Body and Soul talent fixed too.

I just updated all of ElvUI to your most current version and magic is showing for my pally without the talent being selected.

[spoiler]

lF8wemi.png

[/spoiler]

For your druid, it was counting it as if you hadn't picked a talent tree yet, that is why it wasn't showing magic debuffs. Try it again after taking a few talents in resto and hitting the Learn button without the specific talent that enables dispelling magic.

Hi,

I was looking for "how can I do this?!" for about 4 hour and:
1)I am blind or something
2) I don't know how to search xD
So, how can I put Skada Damage Meter into my right chat?

I might be wrong, but if Skada Damage Meter is printing to a chat window, it likely is set up in its code to print to the default chat window which I assume is on your left.

Hi,

I was looking for "how can I do this?!" for about 4 hour and:
1)I am blind or something
2) I don't know how to search xD
So, how can I put Skada Damage Meter into my right chat?

pd05HC3.jpg